SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

Very Special delivery from Dolores..............

ann_t
17 years ago

OOH I got the most wonderful swap box from Dolores today. Unfortunately I can't take any photos so I hope that Dolores took some.

First of all, and not part of the swap was a beautiful handmade , knitted scarf. The colours are amazing. Muted purples,blues, grays, browns, golds, and taupes. Stunning.

Now for the swap items.

Everything was beautifully wrapped in pastel coloured tissue paper. Spring/Easter colours.

Wood: Something I have wanted for a long time and just never bought. A Brotform - Dough Rising Basket. And the timing is perfect. I have bread rising this morning and I'll use the basket.

And how neat is this, "Alder Cooking Wraps". Thin squares of Alder wood that you wrap fish or vegetables in and then place on the grill. Halibut is back in season this week. Can't wait to try these.

International:

Dolores, knows that I love salt and pepper so she sent me a jar of "Sale Toscano". A Tuscan salt and Pepper blend. The aroma is wonderful. Seasoned with sea salt, sage, rosemary, fresh garlic, sugar and black pepper. I think this would be wonderful in the breads, as well as on chicken and fish and pork, etc.

Three colourful tea towels (I love tea towels), the colours of Provence.

And a large wedge of an Italian sweet raisin bread called "Granciambellone! Moe loves raisin breads and they aren't something that I make, so he was trilled with this. He had some toasted and buttered for breakfast. He said it was delicious.

Dolores, thank you so much. I love everything. And I really appreciate the fact that you knitted the scarf just for me.

If you took pictures, I hope you will post them.

Ann

Comments (26)