Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Diane is one crafty rn!

Posted by coronabarb (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 3, 06 at 12:45

Got my swap package all the way from New York! The theme is Soup and Salad. Plus two bonus's!!

Diane, thank you so much for all these goodies! You did your homework!!!

A big Soup Cookbook ~ (I started a thread on soup) I can't wait to start making some SOUP!!

Four big china soup bowls ~ Don't have anything like these, so they will be used, you betcha!

Wooden cooking utensils ~ (I started a thread about this too!!) I just bought a large wooden spatula and diane sent me a small one (see how this works out, LOL?), wooden spoons, and a wooden rack puller that Diane and her grandson make to sell. I think I might be able to use this as a dutch oven lid lifter. (I'm using a hammer now)

A Vinegar and Oil set with two glass bottles with spouts and little dipping bowls ~ (see comments re the swap box I sent sidnee-I bought my own garlic infused EVOO and vanilla balsamic vinegar and now I have a set to use it with)

A huge bag of dried chopped onions (for packing purposes as well) ~ now, how did you know that my giant container of dried onions from Costco was empty and I needed more?

PLUS BIRTHDAY GIFTS TOO!

A tea ball and holder and a gardener's survival kit (I'll explain with the pics)

AND

Lots and lots of plastic bags - I have 5 dogs so, you see, these actually come in quite handy dandy, LOL!!

Thanks for a great box, Diane. And since you went out and bought that same soup cookbook for yourself, we'll have to compare recipes. :-)))

Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Diane is one crafty rn!

Wow! What a terrific swap package! I remember the wooden utensil thread thinking I need a couple more spoons! Hey, I want one of those rack pullers! I broke mine and just cannot find them anywhere!

Everything sounds wonderful. Looking forward to the pictures!!

o

that's funny Barb - did Diane use plastic bags for packing? And you were even so appreciative of those - lol! I always thought it was ingenious when I got a package from Sharon CB that her packing material consisted of little foam scrubbers - worked well and I could use them! I love the idea Diane and will use it next swap - including the dried onions!

I love this package and am waiting for pics!

Stacy

o

Glad to see you finally got it--it was supposed to go out on the 17th but the storm left everyone without electricy-- including the local UPS place--and we didn't get power back until the 19th--place was closed ( Sunday)so I schlepped it into town Monday-- only to find the place closed for President's Day--geeeze--then on the 28th tracking said they had to reschedule delivery 'cause the address was wrong-- so sorry the Birthday goodie was late.

I'm having one heck of a time deciding which soup I want to try first--that Pear & Roquefort Soup with carmalized pears , Grandfathers Soup or Salmon Chowder.

Diane

o

Diane that is a great swap. I love the soup theme but then again I'm into soup right now! Barb are we getting pics? YEAH!

o

Oh, yeah, I want pictures too. Saying you got 4 soup bowls and having no pictures just isn't fair!

Annie

o

Great theme! Waiting for pix...

(are we a demanding bunch or what?)

o

Great box! Diane I love the theme! Soup!

Enjoy your box Barb! It won't be long and you will be making Tomatoe soup!

o

Great theme, Diane! Barb I can't wait to see the pix either....get with it, girl!
MMMMMM...soup!
And how nice to get a B-day surprise, too!

Linda

o

OH! I just love that theme! Enjoy~

o

Here's an overall shot of the swap gifts~

Image hosting by Photobucket

Here are the cute oil/vinegar bottles with little dipping bowls~

Soup cookbook and wooden utensils~

Chopped, dried onions in the front, soup bowls behind, birthday gifts in back~ I think you can read the cute little card with the tea bag tucked inside. The Gardener's Survival Kit is a cloth bag with a card that reads:
(contains)
Bandaid - for the blisters
Mounds - for the mounds of dirt
Worms - to enrich your garden
String - to keep you straight
Gum Drops - every garden needs extra (rain)drops
Old Rag - to start your scarecrow
Treasures - what you grow
Aspirin - for the backache
Mints - every garden needs a nuisance plant
Snickers - what you get from the wildlife for providing their next meal
Nuts - what you are to do this - Heck I just go to the Farmers Market!!

Very funny - I already ate the candy!

The mound of plastic bags~

And, believe it or not, I can also use the bubblewrap for the many seeds I send out in the mail.

Thanks, again, Diane for a GREAT mini-swap box. I'm going to check out the Salmon Chowder. Sounds like what I'd like for tomorrow night's meal. :-)

Barb

o

Barb, that's for the photo, I know you are going to enjoy everything you recieved. Great theme.

Diane...you did good GF!

Nancy

o

Barb, Great gifts! Enjoy!

Diane, nice choices, I especially like those dipping bowls.

o

I bet you will find some great recipes in that cookbook. One of you should really try the Pear & Roquefort Soup with caramelized pears and share the recipe with all of us. That rack puller looks like a very handy device. Great package and theme.

-Robin

o

Neat package of great gifts..

o

That's a "SOUPER" gift that Crafty Diane sent to you. She's even "Crafty" in her use of packing materials! Love to see a close up of the rack puller. I can only imagine.
Obviously you've begun to enjoy it already-no candy- but continue to partake and let us know if you come upon a great soup recipe.
Good job Diane, glad to hear that the weather didn't deter you from your duties!

o

Barb, thanks for posting the photo. What a great swap package from Diane, and everything is so useful including the packing materials. LOL I know you are going to enjoy everything you recieved. Diane, I love the the theme.

o

Another great theme. Nicely done Diane. Those wooden utensils are beautiful.

Barb, Have fun making soup and enjoy that whole package.

Tracey

o

Nice theme!!!

Great swap!!

Cheers!
Susie

o

Your bottles and dipping bowls match my jam jar from Maggie. We're twins!!

Those wooden spoons are unique. I adore wooden spoons, and those are so pretty.

Great package, Diane. A very clever idea. Barb, let us know what soup recipes are forum-worthy.

o

That is one nice package, especially the oil and vinegar set with dipping bowls! Can't wait for some soup recipes!
good job, Diane!

janet

o

I love the oil and vinegar bottles and dipping bowls.

Diane sends a wonderful box, doesn't she!

Barb, share some of the soup recipes and enjoy your package.

o

What a great box. The gardener's survival kit is great. I love everything those spoons look really good. I didn't know bout dried onions either.

o

Soup and salad is a great theme! I love the oil bottles and dipping bowls! Creative packing material with the dried onions Diane. Just a great box of goodies period! Enjoy it all Barb!

David

o

Love the bottles and dipping bowls. Great box of goodies.

Enjoy Barb!

o

Diane, Great theme. You always put together the perfect swap box for your partner. Love the soup theme. I'm partial to wooden spoons, love those.

Ann

o

Oh, yeah, I love this swap box. Thanks for the pictures! I especially like the Gardener's Survival Kit, that's pretty clever.

Annie

o

I love the vinegar and oil set! What a fun box.

o

Too cool! I love the soup theme -- especially at this time of year. I'm impressed with the packaging, too. The dried onions are a nice touch, but I'd take the plastic bags, too. I used up all of mine on my swap box!

It took me a while to figure out what a 'rack puller' is -- neat idea!

o

Diane, what a great theme for a swap package, especially with all the soup threads lately! Barb, you are one lucky lady. I too love the oil dispensers and dipping bowls. Cute.

o

Wooden spoons are THE best. And that gardening kit is too cute! Enjoy your package, Barb!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here