SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlundin_gw

WANTED: Mustangs Takes Me to Camp Fais Do Do!

dlundin
17 years ago

Hey, let the good times roll, I got the coolest box from Mustangs! I am such a Lousiana addict (going back for my fifth time in May) that Cathy sent me "Who's Your Mama, Are You Catholic and Can You Make a Roux?" by Marcelle Bienvenu. As much as I don't really like Emeril, he always talks about Marcelle. I'm so excited... it's actually the third Lousiana cookbook I've gotten in a week. My collection grows! But I digress since Mustangs says she got this in February at the Acadian Village at the Camp Fais Do Do gathering.

She also sent me a Paul Prudhomme seasoning that smells heavenly. Can't wait to use it. I did make a visit to K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen a couple of visits ago and it was astonishingly good.

Frying was the cooking method. You know, there are just some things you like to fry but can't stand the mess... well this pan is supposed to eliminate the mess. I'm going to try making tostones with this. Then maybe some donuts. To go along with, she gave me "Fry it, You'll Like it" cookbook. The author's last name is Friedman. I think that's so funny.

Last but not least, she gave me a soapstone salt cellar, which I've been coveting since I first saw it. It's perfect! She also sent a tin of Himalania salt. I'm so happy. I love salt!

Cathy, my dear, this is one terrific package. I love it all but I especially loved being at Camp Fais Do Do with y'all! Thank you so very much!

(And did you know I sent to Cathy in the last swap?)

And by the way, my bad... I actually got this lovely package Friday but we were on our way to dinner. Then Vicki left town and I had to have a room painted and assemble furniture (myself) and sort of broke my P&S so I had to delay posting until today. Actually, I'm exhausted!

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area