SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessyf_gw

Oh my aching back ...need help lifting....Lori316..please..

jessyf
16 years ago

Our Lori and her kids have a twisted sense of humor. Much thanks to Ann for assigning her to me! This box ended up weighing a hefty 21 lbs. I need a personal trainer to teach me to lift it! Gee, I wonder who can help me with that, grin.

In her note, Lori points out that I get on a soapbox about foods imported from China (lead, contaminates, etc). So guess what part of the package theme was. Enjoying Chinese foods! ROFLMAO!

(1) Lori and her kids MADE Chinese fortune cookies, in two blue (my favorite color) take out boxes, complete with fortunes they came up with themselves! One box, with cookies made by Lori, is for ÂJessica & Mr. Jessica and the other box, made by LoriÂs kids, is for DS #1 and DS #2. I couldnÂt figure out why DS #1 kept saying Âin the bed after everyone until Lori told me thatÂs how they are supposed to be read. Hmmm. I think his friends did that at his birthday Âparty too and I couldnÂt figure out WTF they were doing. Thanks for the reminderÂ.

WeÂve already made a dent in them. (LoriÂcouldja post all the fortunesÂsome got eaten and we are saving some so we might not get back to posting in time for some impatient CFers to read them!) IÂm really touched to have something home and heart made, and edible!

(2) Continuing with the ÂChinese and ÂFavorites themes, Lori included some of her favorite items from Penzeys. Even though I have one not too far, she included some of their stuff that I would have not dreamed of getting for myself, so IÂm happy to have it to try: Maharaja curry, anise seeds, and sliced ginger root! I did need to stock up on cinnamon, and the one pound bag she included will be used heavily especially during Passover! Last, the Chinese five-spice powder I did NOT have and actually wanted it for a recipe some time ago. Now I have to find it!

(3) Best for last  Lori knows I love cobalt blue (didnÂt I say its my favorite color?) And I always tend to look for Le Creuset stoneware at Tuesday Mornings for gift items (I sent two to Ritaotay and gave two to a friend as a hostess gift) but I NEVER buy it for myself! And even better, itÂs a HUGE casserole so I can use it for holiday or entertaining cooking  sometimes I need to make two chickens or a turkey and I donÂt have an appropriate roaster. Sorry MIL, you arenÂt getting my old one because I DONÂT have one! Hey LoriÂ.didja see that its

I guess thatÂs in keeping with the Asian theme, heh heh! Did you all notice that I photographed the spices and cookies in the casserole?

THANK you Lori, Brian, Connor and Mackenzie! A picture of my kids enjoying the goodies will be sent to you as soon as I can nail them down. Great box!

Comments (32)