SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lori316_gw

Terri makes me cry - in a GOOD way!! :)

lori316
16 years ago

Incredible.

Incredible that AnnT would match us up, incredible that Terri would send such a perfect swap package.

Over the last couple of years I've thought that Terri and I have so much in common, from the different things we volunteer in, to the ages of our kids, the type of cooking we do; busy moms.

When I got my swap box from her yesterday, I was so excited. I have so much respect for Terri because she is such a hard-working, good mom/wife to her three kids and husband.

Terri sent me an all-Terri package. When I say that, i mean it was made entirely by Terri. Everything. I took pictures yesterday but I need to figure out how to get them here, so please be patient with me :) I know it won't be before 8 p.m. eastern time.

(Terri, did you take pictures?)

First was my prized possession, a handmade apron by Terri. This matches my kitchen EXACTLY. It looks like it was made especially for me - and of course it was. Cool, cool, cool. I told Terri in my "thank you" mail that Connor put it over his head, went in the kitchen, and said, "see if you can find me." He blends right in - "Kitchen Camo." I have reds and gold in my kitchen and they can both be hard to match, but Terri did it perfectly. I think one of the reasons it matches so well is that if you look at her kitchen, you will see that ours are extremely similar. I will use this apron constantly.

Of course, Terri didn't forget I have a little clone and she also sent a hand-made apron for Mackenzie. It is covered with bunnies and I know she will love working side-by-side with me this weekend while we do our Easter baking - and look good while she does it.

Terri also sent Mackenzie a hand-made summer dress. So, so cute! She tried it on right away and although it's just a tad big, it will be perfect for the summer. Terri, I wish you could have seen her reaction when opening these things. You really brightened her (and my) day.

Terri also sent one of her hand-made candles - vanilla scent. I love candles, especially those that smell like food. It inspires me to bake. I'm sure I'll do a lot of baking because I will keep this lit whenever I'm home. It smells delicious. I thank you for sending something to brighten my day - in more ways than one.

There was also some Tayberry jam. I didn't get a chance to taste this yet, but I know I'm going to love it. It will probably be my dinner tonight.

Of course in all her sweetness, Terri threw in a bunch of chocolates and candies for the boys, which quickly got gobbled up (by them, not me!!! - well, maybe one. Two.)

What touched me most, Terri, though, was your note. Terri explained that in such a big country, although we are about as far away from each other as we can be, the tragedies that I've gone through over the last several months have touched her.

Terri, because of you, AnnT and the rest of this forum, the one thing I've learned through all of this is that we are closer than we ever realized, in more ways than one.

Thank you, Terri. I will always cherish your gifts. And as usual, thank you, Ann, for "aligning the stars."

Lori

Comments (31)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm