SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
finally_gw

Lakeguy35 definitely knows ~Finally!

finally
17 years ago

I got home late last night (had a girl's night right after work) and found a HUGE package waiting for me! What could it be?!?

Well, let me tell you, I think David was able to figure me out just fine, even though as he said, if you search on 'finally' you get just about every page on gardenweb! When I picked 'finally' way back when, I thought how fun it would be to sign my posts like: finally(decided on a dishwasher) or finally(got the plans approved). Even adding a curly dash in front doesn't help--the search engine treats '~finally' just like 'finally'. :(

But, as I said, David got everything perfect.

For Cooking Method, he chose Baking--my favorite! The Pie Plate was made by a local pottery place that has been in business since the '40s, and the sage green color matches my kitchen accessories perfectly. I can't wait to fill it with a nice fruit cobbler, or a fruit or even chicken pot pie. I love the scalloped edges.

For Glass, he found a wonderful oval serving plate with incredible black swirls. It will look beautiful with hors d'oeuvres or small desserts on it. I don't know if you can see, but there are small little bubbles in the glass. It is another original art piece--such a generous gift!

For Ethnic, it's Dessert! "American Dessert is ethnic, right?" David said. I couldn't agree more! I can't wait to make all of the recipes. There are so many old favorites, some forgotten, and many new jewels. DD (Doggy!) even wonders if there are recipes for biscuits for him in it! I need to make a dessert for a coworker's birthday on Monday, so I'll be trying something from this great new book. It has lots of instructional information too. A good read and good recipes--my favorite kind of cookbook!

And couldn't resist DD (Doggy!) Ronin: "Are there biscuit recipes in here?"

David, it was a super swap package. Everything was absolutely perfect. Thank you soooo much!

Dolores (aka ~finally)

Comments (26)