SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lakeguy35

Yellow Police Tape (no cuffs)..ROFL! ..Thanks Katie!!!!!!

lakeguy35
17 years ago

Im still ROFL after taking my box out of the shipping boxÂ.I was a little concerned with the yellow warning tapeÂ.. I was in the back seat with Katie and Annie at the same time at camp last year! Just not sure what they may have reported, lol, or what could be in this box.

LOL, IÂm saving this for future use on someone, not sure who yet, but I have a few that I can choose from. I love it!! This will be saved and used more than once with my group.

Okay on to the good stuff. Katie sent me some really cool and great things yÂall! She based her package on a logging theme after reading about my adventures during the Ice Storm. Check this out! My cool and creative swap box from Katie!

Paper: A very cool and unique Cookbook. Recipes Logged From The Woods Of North Idaho. IÂve only had a minute or two to page through it but it looks like a good one to me. The best part is it's one of four of the last updated printings. The first printing was back in 1948 when there was only a library club in her area. They reprinted in 88 and the final printing was in 99. IÂm now the proud owner of one of the last four! It has some great old time pics of the logging days from way back when in it too.

Ethnic is the next theme and IÂm loving this one too! IÂm sure those Loggers cooked over a fire and Katie sent me some BBQ Sauce that is made just a few miles from her. I canÂt wait to try it, yÂall know I love to cook on the grill and love a good and unique BBQ Sauce. Here is a pic of my North IdahoÂs Blackhills BBQ SauceÂ..Habanero Peppers add some heat to this. I will be sure to report back on this one later in the year.

Cooking Method is next, she picked salad making. First, Bear Claws got things started. YÂall know what a bear does in the woods right?? It does relate to logging if you are out in the woods. LOL! She told me these do well with both pasta and salad. Next, a bottle of Walla Walla Onion & Peppercorn Dressing. It is made just across the state line in Washington. IÂll confess to having some tonight while loading pics on my SLOW dial-up connection. It is fantastic!! Finally, check out this freaking cool bowl she found at an art show. I REALLY love it Katie! My pics donÂt do it justice. It is beautiful!!

The Salad Bowl.

Katie was too cool and sent me some of her homemade canned items as Birthday Presents. She stated these were not a part of the swap. I had to include them in my post. I canÂt wait to try the Huckleberry Preserves and the Peach Chipotle Jam. Hey, Chipotle in this one, some like it HOTÂ..after riding the "hump" lol! Thanks!

Thank you so much Katie for a great swap box! I REALLY love all of it. IÂll report back on the BBQ Sauce. The beautiful pottery bowl will be put to good use and has added to my serving collection thanks to the swaps. BTW, I baked and had an Idaho Spud for part of my dinner tonight. (while loading the pics on dial-upÂlol) Thanks again Katie!! I'll be taking this all back to town tomorrow to show it off to everyone. I picked it up late after everyone was gone...the office crew and my family love these swaps too!

David

(Who doesnÂt want to repeat the logging experience or an Ice Storm for a long time!!)

Comments (22)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH