SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msafirstein

wanted: Mega Surprises from Maryanne!

msafirstein
17 years ago

This afternoon I pulled in the driveway and I had 4 boxes waiting for me. But remember I am into a total gut of our home, so I get boxes almost everyday. But there was one very large box that was calling my name, so I picked it up and brought it in the house first! I opened it up to a mass of packing peanuts...LOL! I reached deep inside and felt something soft and large, pulled it out and it was package #3 and wrapped not in paper, but in a vintage tablecloth!. I collect vintage linens and already love my package and I have not even opened anything yet! I dug further and found 2 more brightly wrapped packages!

I opened up package #1 and found a wonderful seafood cookbook, "A Seafood Celebration" by Sheryl and Mel London! Oh how I need one of these, and how did you know? Just glancing through it, I already have 3 recipes bookmarked to make, Risotto di Fruitti di Mare (seafood risotto), Cocktail Sauce with Cream and Brandy and Saute Soft Shelled Crabs with Brown Butter and Garlic Sauce! There are recipes for everything from shellfish, salt and fresh water fish and many seafood condiments and tons of sauces too. It is a very complete cookbook for seafood, beautifully illustrated, and I will treasure it. The cookbook could not have come on a better day for me. Tomorrow we are having our gutters and downspouts installed and being we have a few drainage issues around the house, I am staying home to make sure the installation goes smoothly and downspouts are installed here not there. Being the work is exterior, it will be nice and quiet in the house and I will be able to curl up with my new book and a cup of tea. You don't know how I look forward to days such as these!

In Box #2 there were 2 large, thick oven mitts. And these are so needed in my kitchen!! I forgot and packed all my kitchen towels and pot holders, now stored in one of our barns, so have been using small towels for pot holders. Also included is a gorgeous Bistro Apron! At first I was not sure if it was an apron or not as the fabric is this wonderful linen-like soft, thick fabric, much too beautiful for an apron. Maryanne's note said "The single item is among my favorite types-heavy duty even if you don't have hand protection-just gather it & grab. Works great. ;)" And I bet it does work great and so pretty too! I love it and I have nothing like this.

There are not words to descibe how thrilled I am with package #3. Not only are the contents wrapped in a gorgeous, oh-so-soft, embroidered cotton tablecloth but inside are 4 plates wrapped in more soft, cotton multi-purpose towels! I will use the towels so much and for so many things and thank you so much for these. The tablecloth is something I've been looking for as I need something for our table as a daily centerpiece and this is just perfect and so pretty. It will displayed with pride! The plates...LOL...are Fish Plates! I love 'em! I know I am not the China Queen of the CF but I sure am in the court. I like nothing better then a new set of plates to add to my cupboards! And even though I am working out of a temporary kitchen during our remodel, I have 2, now 3, sets of plates, just for a bit of change and some fun for our dinners. The plates are just too cute!!

I just love everything and I don't know how to thank you or really exactly what to say.

Maryanne you did a great job and not only can I use each and every item right now, but in my new kitchen your gifts will certainly shine.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Michelle

Here is a link that might be useful: Maryanne's Goodies Spring Swap

Comments (29)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio