SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robinkateb

WANTED: Thank You Thank You Teresa nc7

robinkateb
18 years ago

After dinner and showering the boys (we don't have a bath tub) I sat down on the couch with Sebastian and DH to watch a little of the olympics before Sebastian's bedtime. I had called Lewis earlier in the day pestering him about boxes but nothing had arrived yet. So I casually looked over at him and asked, "I didn't receive a package today did I?" Now bear in mind DH has been home at this point for over 2 hours. I was only saying this as a joke, I mean if I received a package I would know already...right? Uh, no. Lewis replied, "Oops, it's on Deb's desk." He couldn't even tell me who it was from!! Well, he promptly went back to the office to retrieve my package.

So here is the contents of my wonderful package:

Food:

with a whale cookie cutter. She thought maybe i could make this with Sebastian. Definitely, maybe i will even let him crack the egg on this one, or maybe not. We made gingerbread cookies for Santa and ornaments using cookie cutters and Sebastian loved it. (As we are an interfaith family Santa got a menorah and a dreidel cookie). In addition Sebastian loves whales.

from a mill in greensboro which is close to her home in Burlington. (btw Teresa, as you shipped to DH's office you won't be aware that I live in Burlington as well). These are buttermilk buckwheat pancakes. Sounds like Saturdays breakfast to me. We love pancakes in this house (all 4 of us), these will not be around for long.

Yum, what could be better then anything with cheese in it?

, see note above for cheese straws

I have never seen this before. It is large granules if sugar. Looks like it would be fun for decorating muffins, cookies, cakes etc. Should be fun on whale cookies as well.

Gadgets:

A set of 4 adorable

. I love these, I cannot wait to find a recipe to make in them. If any of you have a good recipe please post.

. These look like they could totally simplify my life. Sebastian is very particular about how his blood oranges are peeled.

These look so handy, I hate wasting that last tiny drop of batter. Especially once I find a recipe for my new pans, or when using the pancake mix.

It comes with its own little protective cover. very cool, this will be coming to cape Cod with us this summer as well as one day when we go camping again.

1 in white and 1 in periwinkle blue (my favorite color).

Teresa also mentioned that she found the plates I said I have that are no longer being made. She thought about buying me one but she was not sure it was the right one. I had mentioned them being from Mikasa and the store did not mention Mikasa. Teresa, this is the right set but I am glad you did not get any as that price is outrageous. Thank you for the thought it is really generous. When DH and I chose that pattern we went with basic white so we could mix and match items. So one day I am going to start buying other white dinner plates to mix. I wasn't fishing for more plates from my partner, I just thought it might give a good idea of my tastes as I know I don't post much.

Teresa, thank you so much for the thoughtful package. My family and I will really enjoy it.

-Robin

p.s. When I first sat down to post the keyboard wasn't working. When I asked Lewis to look at it he asked why I hadn't mentioned the water I had spilled. Oops. Good thing he is a computer geek and we had another keyboard.

Comments (33)

• robinkateb
    Original Author
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

My boys were asleep when I unwrapped my package. So here is a photo taken on another day for anyone who wants to see how they are growing. They are having a "bath" in a rubbermaid container as I do not have a bath tub.

-Robin

• kent4489
    18 years ago

Robin, Oh, very nice gifts. Everything is great.

Teresa, You did good, very good!

• Related Discussions

WANTED: to thank Teresa

Q

Comments (21)
    Chiming in to add my late thanks. The day was fabulous and I went home with way too much. Some one hold me back next time! Thank you to all for the plants. I have all of the shady ones in the ground. Still have the sunny ones to place. I dug up as many plants as I planted to make room for the new ones. Just had to rearrange a bit!!! Teresa, special thanks to you. You are so gracious to have us all tramping about at your place. You have done so much work and it's really coming together. I will start another post for the recipes in case people don't look back here. Annie..your so funny. Hey..share a few tubers with me next spring and we can pretend all you want hehehehehe. My overwintering sucked this year!!!! Tubers are MUSH!
    ...See More

Happy Birthday Teresa (Teresa_nc7)

Q

Comments (16)
    Thank you all for the warm birthday wishes! I've had a good day although it is very hectic at work. My mom and older son came to dinner Sunday night for take-out Chinese. Younger son was at a fishing tournament. Tomorrow I'm leaving for the NC mountains for a long weekend of quilting. It's supposed to rain most of the time, which won't bother us as we mostly sew the whole time. Teresa - who is trying to hold at 59 (which she passed a few years ago!)
    ...See More

teresa_nc Thank you ...

Q

Comments (2)
    the recipe COLD BROCCOLI VIENNESE 1 bunch broccoli, cooked until tender. Drain. Chill. Top with sauce when ready to serve. Serves 4-6. SAUCE: 1 c. sour cream 3 tbsp. onion, finely chopped 1/2 tsp. celery seed 3/4 tsp. salt 1 tsp. sugar 2 tsp. vinegar 1 tsp. horseradish
    ...See More

Landscape question ? teresa _ nc7

Q

Comments (2)
    Yes, I did fussy cut most of the flowers - the ones that look the best. The dark pink poppies and the yellow tulips nearest the water were done by the individual flower. They were fused on then sewed down with a very small stippling stitch using monofilament thread. The stems and leaves were done with a triple stitch and 12 wt. thread on my Viking machine. Hope this helps? Teresa
    ...See More
  • maggie2094
    18 years ago

Robin - that is so funny that he left the box at work! I am so glad he went back to get it for you.

What great items Teresa. I especially love the cake pans and the mini scrapers.

Can you pack up the boys and send them to me for a playdate with my little guy? They are too cute.

• scotland1
    18 years ago

Those adorable boys look like they're in a roasting tub basting themselves!

• teresa_nc7
    18 years ago

I'm so glad you like everything, Robin! I really wanted to find a periwinkle utensil holder for you - drats!

I'll email you a cookie recipe for the Scandinavian pearl sugar that I make.

Those little boys are just precious! My boys (now 28 and 32) loved to play with the turkey baster too! They could make it be all manner of pretend guns, horns, swords, whatever. Some things never change, do they?

Teresa

• chase_gw
    18 years ago

What a great collection of stuff! I just about flipped when I saw the Lars sugar.........I thought maybe our Lars had gone into a new business. Too funny!

Enjoy Robin! Good job Teresa!

PS: Those babes are just too cute!

• homesforsale
    18 years ago

Sebastian and Julian are truly adorable.I have a new GS so I can appreciate oh so cute:)

Great gift box..I laughed that your gift was there and he didn't tell u:)

• RuddMD
    18 years ago

What cute kids!

Love the swap box! The whale cookies look like fun. I KNOW the cheese straws are good. The pancake mix looks good too.

Robin I know you and family will enjoy these goodies.

Teresa - great job, you put together just the right things.

• blueiris24
    18 years ago

What a nice package, Teresa. Robin, your kids are adorable. BTW, I have found pot scrapers to be the best thing to clean out pumpkins when Halloween rolls around . ...

• sheshebop
    18 years ago

That is a very nice swap package. And those little guys are adorable. Very nice job, Teresa.

• doucanoe
    18 years ago

Robin, the boys are so adorable! Great photo!
    Teresa did a great job choosing items for your package, especially the cookie mix/cutter keeping the boys in mind!
    Linda

• chancesmom
    18 years ago

What a great package, good variety! And cute kids! My daughter loves playing with the baster in the tub too, maybe someone should market it as a tub toy!

janet

• ziporion
    18 years ago

Love the mini pans! What a great assortment of goodies -- great job Teresa! Robin, I know you'll enjoy them all. I can just picture you and the boys cooking some of this stuff up. Your adorable photo of them reminds me of a photo my parents took of myself and my sister in a tub just like that. It's a framer!

Catherine

• jessyf
    18 years ago

Gee another one who can't count (grin).

I'll take the kids, you can keep the swap box goodies. (another grin)

• craftyrn
    18 years ago

Nice assortment Teresa--Robin your whole family ( & oh those boys are just adorable) should enjoy that bounty.

• annie1992
    18 years ago

Robin, Julian is getting so big, every picture I see it seems like he's nearly as big as Sebastian! The turkey baster for a toy is funny, both my girls loved playing with mine, and the second favorite toy was an old fashioned egg beater to whip up more bubbles from the bubble bath. What handsome guys you have and they both have killer smiles.

I know Teresa does a great swap box, she was my partner for the last swap. That buckwheat pancake mix will be great with your Vermont maple syrup or maybe your homemade jam.

I also immediately noticed Lars' sugar, and that little covered knife looks like it will be very, very handy.

What a great box.

Annie

• lori316
    18 years ago

And those pot scrapers are helpful too.

I got some of the cookie mix in the last box from Jayne, but it came with a fish cookie cutter, not the whale. Mackenzie LOVED that stuff. I bet your boys will too. Sure, let Sebastian crack the egg. Mackenzie has been doing it for a while now. She's quite the chef ;). Just let him do it in a separate bowl first. It makes fishing out eggshells much easier. :)

Nice job with the package, Teresa.

Those boys are ADORABLE!

• robinkateb
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Lori, How old is Mackenzie? To be honest i am not so bothered about the cracking the egg part, it is washing his hands really well afterwards. He doesn't do such a great job on his own. I should probably just do it. He will probably try to do it one handed like I do.

-Robin

• lori316
    18 years ago

Robin, Mackenzie is four. We make such a big deal out of washing hands afterwards. Alot of the eggs we get are from my sister's farm, so they're very fresh ~ in other words, covered in poop, LOL. That grosses her out enough to want to wash up. Plus she loves to cook and I won't let her crack the eggs unless she agrees to the rules of washing her hands after.

I put her at the sink, squirt some soap in her hands and make her make bubbles. She has to scrub until she says the whole alphabet or counts to 20. Does the trick.

• ann_t
    18 years ago

Very nice. Teresa, you always put together a wonderful gift box. Robin, I recently bought some of those cute little mini bundt pans. Look forward to seeing what you make in them.

Ann

• Gina_W
    18 years ago

Goodies! That orange peeler looks cool - let us know how it works.

• robinkateb
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Gina, the orange peeler works great!! I tried it tonight on an orange i had zested. Those are especially annoying to peel, but not with my new gadget! Tonight we went to a whale exhibit opening at our local science center. I see whale cookies in our near future.

Lori, Unfortunately Sebastian has not developed the ick factor for poop yet. At a public restroom once when he did not want to come in with me I told him he had to talk to me the whole time I was in the stall. When I came out he was lying on the floor his chin in his hands and his feet in the air. Nope, no ick factor. When he washes his hands he doesn't rub them all around, so i do it for him. But he will agree to hand washing if I finally let him crack the eggs.

-Robin

• trixietx
    18 years ago

What a nice package,

and your little boys are too cute, they are the best gift of all, even if their hands aren't all that clean. LOL

• shaun
    18 years ago

Wow that is SOME package! Lots of fun stuff. Your boys are too cute!

The orange peelers look like they'd work really good. I like those!

• traceys
    18 years ago

Great package you put together Teresa. Love those little pans.

Robin, I can't believe how big the boys are. They're adorable. Enjoy your goodies.

Lots of handwashing here too. My son isn't allowed to go near his sister after school until he washes his hands. He usually walks in the door, drops his backpack and heads to the sink. I think I've trained him pretty well.

Tracey

• momto4kids
    18 years ago

Another great swap packages! A lot of fun items! I'd like to hear about the pot scraper! I keep seeing those! Love that orange peeler, too! Great job!!

• stacy3
    18 years ago

Robin, what nice things you rec'd...I love the cookie cutter and mix. Especially that you just went to the whale exhibit!

Teresa - great package, lots and LOTS of fun things in there!

Stacy (and I love the pic of the boys in the dishpan - that is too cute!)

• lsr2002
    18 years ago

Lots of fun things in your package. Teresa sent me some cheese straw that were out of this world. I know you'll enjoy yours.

Have you used the mini pans yet? I have some little pans similar to yours but I haven't used them. The first one of us to try a recipe in them needs to share, please. Can you tell that I think the first one might be you?

I hope there might be a picture of Chef Sebastian and the cookies too.

It's a lovely, thoughtful package Teresa.

Lee

• mustangs81
    18 years ago

What cuties in the tub!!

Great package Teresa! When I am furniture shopping in High Point I always make a side trip to the Old Mill of Guilford for grits and sweet potato muffin mix.

• riverrat1
    18 years ago

Teresa, You put together a great swap box for Robin!

Robin, Your boys are getting so big! Thanks for posting a photo of them. It's hard to believe that time can go by so quickly.

On occasion I can find the Old Guilford Grits here. Enjoy your box!

• lakeguy35
    18 years ago

Great package! I like those Wind Willow mixes, they are not loaded with sodium like so many others. Those mini cake pans are cool, I need to get some.

David

• alison
    18 years ago

What a great package! Enjoy! (I love the whale cutter!)

• debbie814
    18 years ago

What a nice package, and I'm sure it brightened your day. Robin, I am loving the jams that you sent me. Some day, you'll get the jars back. I received Island Topping and Plum Sauce from Katie in this recent swap. I'm in canny heaven! Enjoy your swap goodies!

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts