SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craftyrn

WANTED: Deanna1949 added brightness & color to my wintery day!

craftyrn
18 years ago

Lovely , lovely Valentines Day I had--MY SWAP ( From Deanna 1949) CAME IN !!!

DeannaÂs note said she didnÂt have a theme--but IÂd have to disagree with her--this is perfectly " Kitchen" --wouldnÂt you agree ? And all wrapped & tied with colors & ribbon that match perfectly to my kitchen & style-- and each labeled with hand done cards with kitchen quotes--isnÂt that a nice detail ?

Doc thought I'd lost my mind --I'm mouthing WOW, WOW, WOW as I opened the smaller package first--( both came today , saw the Prenzey's on the outside of the box and was hoping so much it actually would have spices inside & not just a handy box you had laying around--I'm so bad ! )--those are so perfect for us--International Salt Free Seasoning Mixes collection ( Sunny Spain , Singapore , Sunny Paris , Adobe & she even tucked some loose cinnamon sticks, a couple of whole nutmeg & bay leaves into that box)--I may never use them--just open occasionally & inhale their fabulous fragrance !

Then I opened the other box & gasped - & had actual tears in my eyes-Doc said--"what's wrong-are you alright ? ". Well I was more than alright tho was instantly back in Gram's kitchen with her teaching me how to do embroidery --a few years later a similar set of kitchen towels was the first thing I made for my hope chest--starting when I was about 13 ( in 1953). They are long gone of course as is the set I helped my oldest girl start for her hope chest in 1977.Can't begin to tell you how much now having this hand made Vintage set means to me--it is absolutely perfect and brought back so many memories--itÂs just uncanny and so touching that Deanna would now - after all these years - pick out something like this for me.

The Morgan Childs scrub is so pretty & fragrant--color is perfect ( Tangerine Kitchen Hand Scrub) beautifully orange colored with flecks of dark apricot seed & would you believe Horse Chestnut in it. Going to look great on my kitchen sink ! And hand made dishcloths--one plain white ; one in white, yellow & green--matches my kitchen perfectly. Deanna did you make the dishcloths? TheyÂre so soft and pretty--

And she said please donÂt count the little cooking booklet --she really wasnÂt bending the rules--it was just a little extra she had duplicates of & sent along-- sort of filler in the box - ( Ha ).

The just opened package and unwrapped .

Look at the hand work on these :

Comments (31)