Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Tea Treats from Chancesmom!

Posted by karigraphy (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 22, 06 at 21:58

Thank you so much, Chancesmon!!! My package arrived from Canada today just as I was getting back from the pediatrician's office. We've been stuck indoors with a sick DD for days so it was such a day brightener.

The package focused on 'Tea and Cookies' which catered to my new interest in exploring green teas. A wonderful tin of tea from Tea in the Sahara was full of loose Green Sencha Tea with Cherry & Roses. It tastes as good as it looks beautiful.

Chancesmon also included a Canadian handcrafted honey spoon. The spoon is twisted in such a way that it will sit on the edge of the cup to allow the last drops of honey to drip into the tea. What a great idea. DD who is sick this week LOVES honey especially the honey we get at a local market so she already tested the honey spoon - she really loves daintily putting in on her tea cup. My other DD was checking it out when she got home from school. Looks like it will be come a family favorite.

Also included was The Book of Tea by Kakuzo Okakura. Can't wait to read through it. I know so little about tea so I'm ready to be educated!

She thoughtfully included a tea infuser in the shape of a lemon wedge - I was without a tea infuser ever since my last one broke. It's cute and useful.

I just love the handmade ceramic plate with an Asian design of a tree by the sea. So simple yet earthy and elegant at the same time. I will use and cherish it as a cookie or small treat plate.

Last, there was a bar of dark Godiva chocolate. Yum! I don't think it will last long enough to hide it.

Everything came packaged in a pretty gift bag with a card sending happy thoughts.

Thank you again! Your thoughtfulness really brightened my day. The tea, the plate, and the accessories are all wonderful.

I'm sending along a link of photos - before and after enjoying some of the items.

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Tea and Cookies mini swap

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Tea Treats from Chancesmom!

Chancesmom that is such a wonderful package for someone who enjoys tea. The spoon is really clever and I love the shape of the tea infuser. I am sure Karen will enjoy it all.

-Robin

o

Karen, What a very lovely package! Enjoy (I think you already have!).

Chancesmom, You made very nice selections. Great theme.

o

Chancesmom, I'm impressed with your theme and the way you carried it through.

Enjoy, Karen!

o

What a nice theme! The book sounds very interesting and the spoon for honey is a good idea.

And Godiva chocolate? Well, no one can go wrong with that.

Annie

o

Great theme Janet. Perfect gift for Karen with her interest in tea.

Ann

o

That spoon is a great idea and a wonderful design. It's ssuch fun to see the original items everyone comes up with.

o

Great theme! Enjoy your tea time!

o

Gorgeous stuff! That's a really great package. Enjoy!

AM

o

Goodies from Canada! A very nice package. I love the honey spoon.

Great theme chancesmom. You researched Karen and picked just the right thing!

o

That was a perfectly lovely swap package. I love the lemon shaped infuser, and adored the cute little cookie plate. You will have fun with that Karen. Chancesmom, you did a very good job.

o

Chancesmom what a great theme and such a nice collection. Very well put together. Enjoy Karne!

o

I am so glad you like it! It was so much fun putting it together, and getting to know you through your posts! I had been unable to check the tracking (copied something down wrong) so I had been checking here practically every 2 hours to see if it arrived safe and sound. It was a super harried day at work yesterday so finding out it arrived and you enjoyed it makes today seem that much brighter.

janet

o

What a beautiful, personal package, Janet. It's obvious how much Karen likes everything!

Stacy

o

I agree, you did a wonderful job of putting together your first swap package! It appears Karen and family will really enjoy it!

o

Great package Janet! That tea sounds wonderful. Looks like Karen is really enjoying it.

Tracey

o

Great theme, Janet! You obviously did your homework on Karen!
I really love the spoon, too, as well as that cute plate! Karen, I bet the chocolate is gone already, hah? Would be in my house!

Linda

o

I love that cookie plate! The tea leaves are downright beautiful to look at, and probably better to drink! I love your package! Great job!

Catherine

o

What a creative and thoughtful group we have here. Great theme and swap box, I'm liking that plate too! You gonna share some of that chocolate Karen?? Great box Janet!

David

o

Themes are a grand idea..I think i would have chosen that route:)
Only because I don't know where I would have begun otherwise..
Must be difficult to come up w/ so many good ideas!

o

How pretty. I love the look of the tea. Everything is so unique.

o

Yes, it was such a thoughtful package of interesting items. The chocolate bar is loooooong gone. The tea is flavorful enough that it does not need any sweetner. A nice type of tea for a quiet moment after a long day.

My girls are hooked on the honey spoon now. That's a lot of fun for them.

Janet, thank you once again for a wonderful package!

Karen

o

Lovely, gracious package.

Although I don't drink much tea, I like ones with interesting names like Serendipitea (go figure).

'Tea in the Sahara'. Trivia: not just a Sting song. He based his work on a story told within Paul Bowles' novel, "The Sheltering Sky". I read the book, didn't see the movie.

o

What a beautiful , well thought out swap pkg ! I love that plate-absolutely gorgeous.

Diane

o

This is another terrific package! I love everything! I especially love the infuser!

o

what a fabulous theme and package - love it. the spoon sounds neat. Great selection, Chancesmom!

Your photos are great Karen - I love the last one - showing them being put to use...

Stacy

o

Beautifully put together!

I don't drink tea but have a great appreciation for the process. Enjoy!

o

I'll just bet your girls love that spoon - I love it too. The combination of cherry and rose sounds really intriguing. I've had green tea with cherry blossoms, this could only be better. Great theme, great choices Janet.

Enjoy sipping away Karen.

Lee

o

You're welcome, Karen!

janet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here