SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldgirl_gw

WANTED: A California Valentine

goldgirl
11 years ago

I had a long day on the job, followed by a post-work commitment, followed by a quick dinner out with DH. As we were eating, he mentioned in passing, "Oh yeah, you've got two boxes. One is from British Columbia."

I almost choked on my food.

A short time later, I arrived home to find a large package from Ann, as well as a box from none other than Eileen! Today was my lucky day.

First, I opened the package from Ann, which contained one of her gorgeous magnetic knife blocks. Eileen chose birdseye maple, one of her favorites, which goes amazingly well with our kitchen. DH's eyes grew wide with excitement when I showed him the magnetic feature - knives and magnets, what more could an engineer want?

Then I opened up the box from Eileen, who included a lovely card explaining all her choices.

The first item was a handmade "tunnel bowl," which Eileen said she chose because it's so unusual. It would look fabulous in our kitchen, but I'm seriously thinking of keeping it in my home office, which has lots of hard edges. I love the curves, the color, and the texture. There's just nothing like pottery to warm up a space.

The second item was a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, with a label that Eileen designed. I'm a big fan of Cabs, as is DH. Can't wait to open this one up.

As if that weren't enough, Eileen also included two special treats - local almonds and caramels from Judy's Candy Company in Berkeley. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I've already broken into the caramels. And I'll enjoy the almonds as a midday snack at work, although I supposed I'd better let DH at least taste them ;)

The final items were some bright, local magazines complete with recipes. They're sure to provide me with some great reading and ideas.

Eileen, I really don't know how to thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity. You chose wisely. And thanks to Ann for "enabling" Eileen's gift.

On a side note, I didn't realize that we can upload only one photo without using a hosting service. So I'll add some additional photos in followup posts.

Sue

Comments (16)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals