SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimtex_gw

WANTED: How about a head count

jimtex
16 years ago

We used to have such great fun here talking about the what we were doing for the swap without giving too much away. A couple of people have attempted it without much response. How is your swap going? Mine is on track. I have two things and I'm waiting on the last one. I'm on cruise control.

James

Comments (46)

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Mine was mailed earlier this week...aaahhhhhh...done is sweet!

• ann_t
    16 years ago

I know what I'm going to send but I still have to go and pick it up. Probably won't have a chance until early next week. I hope my partner won't be disappointed, but I'm only going to send one item.

Ann

• Related Discussions

My winter loss head count

Q

Comments (1)
    Good luck, Jenny. I look out side and see the pond ice free and all the spring flowers coming up and I start getting worried. The messages from Mother Nature just don't jibe with Father Time's schedule. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop. I seem to see all of my fishies. It's hard to tell the comets from one another and the water is too dark from tannins to see the bottom at the moment. I do see all of the Koi. They started to come to the surface last week when temperatures were in the sixties during the day. The crocus in the front yard are in bloom already and the snow drops are lovely. Zone 5 is as confusing as ever. I do have plans for the pond this summer but like everyone else, I'll have to see where the economy is headed first. If there is one thing I have learned when it comes to taking care of the yard, nothing ever is the way you expected, the raccoons are always going to scatter the plastic pots and DH always comes up with surprises.
    ...See More

How about a controlled count of butterflies in your garden ?

Q

Comments (1)
    This is how I count: one, two, three, a handfull, a shitload. Once I get to a shitload it goes from a shitload, to a thick shitload, to a super shitload, and then five hundred, then I start counting by the thousand. Well, actually I've only gotten to a thousand once this past year counting buckeyes.
    ...See More

WANTED: Fort Worth Swap - Head Count Time

Q

Comments (3)
    I'm sorry I didn't answer on the other site. I'll be there. My sister may come, but I doubt it. So, just me Alison
    ...See More

wanted: head count for lunch/oct 24/fw swap/forest park pavilion

Q

Comments (12)
    My wife and I will be there for sure. My Aunt and Uncle may attend and possibly one other. I will try to let you know for sure a couple of days prior. We will also bring a covered dish or two to share, trade, give away or whatever. It just dawned on me that I sort of invited myself and being new to this forum, I should have asked first, let alone inviting others. Forgive my forwardness and please let me know if I stepped out of bounds. I promise I will not be offended. Cheers!! Bill
    ...See More
  • shaun
    16 years ago

Mine is in transit.

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

I've made one item..and the other one or two...has/have yet to reveal itself....

• deborah_ps
    16 years ago

I really think one item can be just as wonderful as a few Ann :)

The UPS lady left a package today...My heart did a little jig as I lifted the brown box up into my greedy little hands. Hee hee hee. Nice size box, wonder who it's from? Turn it over only to see that it is a gift we'd ordered that was mistakenly sent here instead of to my grandbabies in Oregon. Crumb. Double crumb, now I get to do the post office shuffle again:)
    I wonder what tomorrow will bring? :0

• netla
    16 years ago

I have sent mine. It left Iceland aboard an airplane and should have arrived in the USA by now, but since it's surface mail, the USPS will probably take it's sweet time to deliver it.

• lackboys3
    16 years ago

I have all 3 gifts, as of Wednesday eve. I'll be shipping in the next day or so.

DONNA

• maggie2094
    16 years ago

I plan to "wrap" it up this weekend! I actually saw something that I had to get so now I have one item too many and have to edit...

I have a box and thanks to Lars I have packing material that I will pay forward:)

I get so nervous!

• sigh
    16 years ago

I've gotten one out of the three. I'm actually having a tougher time with this one than I did with the last (which was my very first swap). No fault of my partner's, it's all me angsting & second guessing. I do know what the second is, I just have to get to the correct store. And I'm hoping that a shopping trip this weekend will reveal the third (which is what happened with the last swap). I must consult the oracle.

Nina

• riverrat1
    16 years ago

I'm still in neutral...but hopefully I'll be in drive after next week. As soon as I saw my swap partners name I knew what I was getting him/her. It will be one item and I so hope he/she will like it.

I KNOW I'm going to have a hard time finding a box for this one. I have to drive 1 hour to get this item and one hour to drive home...maybe I'll find a box on my road trip when I pick up my buddies swap item.

Now, I hope I won't do the second guessing and the wiggle dance when I finally get to the place.

• lori316
    16 years ago

I'm probably in the best shape I've ever been at this point in a swap. I know what I'm doing. I just have to get it done. LOL

I've searched everywhere to find one particular item and had to finally order it online, which I didn't want to do, but hopefully it will be worth it. Problem is, it's going to be about two weeks before it gets here, so I'll be cutting it close to the deadline. What else is new. :)

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

I'm in process. I have 2 items, and am working on possibly a third item. I'm hoping to ship this Monday if everything works out the way I want it to. I'm cautiously happy about what I've found so far.

Sally

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

I have a list and think I know what I'm doing, but haven't gotten anywhere to do it. How's that for vague...

Nancy

• stacy3
    16 years ago

oh sheesh - I have my main one - but the blasted weather has put a cramp in my shopping style. soon, soon!

• girlsingardens
    16 years ago

I have mine all bought and ready to go. I can tell you that there are 3 sets in my box, and they are all matching sets so no cheating from here. I had to go and find bubble wrap so that took my a while. I will mail the first of the week. I will tell you if there are extras in the box, that they are things Rhiannon and Peyton put in the box, or maybe it will be a set of kids and you will get Rhiannon, Peyton and Hayden in your box, so if you get a big box with holes poked in it you know what it is....

Stacie

• diana55
    16 years ago

I'm going to buy packing material today, and hopefully sending it tomorrow. I have been working alot, so I haven't had the time. I'm off for three day's, so hopefully I can get it away. I had my items bought last week. I'm working on it today. Diana55

• Marigene
    16 years ago

I have two of the items and waiting, impatiently, on the third. It should be delivered on Monday or Tuesday, then my package will be off to my swap partner.

• spacific
    16 years ago

I was waiting patiently for one of my items to finish growing (sort of?!) but the weather isn't cooperating, so I might have to come up with a replacement on my #3 idea. So if you think you might be getting something from "sunny" California, wish for a few sunny days!

James, is that an obscure enough hint?

Ann

• artsyshell
    16 years ago

I have two items bought and am planning on getting one more. Just having a problem finding what my mind is picturing. Hope to be mailing next week.

Shelley

• susie_que
    16 years ago

I have my items all ready but I do not have a suitable box. Planned to get on at work last night but since I won't be going to work for a few days, my shipping will not occur until next week.

This was a really fun swap...I had a plan all ready-even saw the one item in the store and out of the blue I was shopping last weekend when my DH saw the most adorable...well anyhow my whole plan shifted gears 360 degrees.
    Hope my swapper is happy!!

Cheers!
    Susie

• jessyf
    16 years ago

I have mine coming in two boxes. One item is arriving from just a few states away from the recipient, and is fragile, so I figured that because I pack like crap, let the ebay seller do it since a lot of the feedback is 'well packaged'. Also it doesnt' make sense to ship to me and then back across the country - risks breakage. Bwahahah. So watch for two boxes next week sometime!

• Gina_W
    16 years ago

I just got my first item. I don't need any pressure from y'all now! Quiet down, I need to think, LOL!

• lyndaluu2
    16 years ago

I'm mailing my package on Monday to our Northern friends...
    that's all I'm saying Tee Hee............

Linda P

• lakeguy35
    16 years ago

I've been on the fence all week about adding a couple of items to my package. I finally decided to leave it at one item this time around. I can't beleive I'm doing this but I'm cool with it....I think..LOL!

Now I just have to find the box and get it in the mail. Hopefully by Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest.

Daivd

• riverrat1
    16 years ago

Oh, goodness, I thought my partner was only going to get one item...it will now be three. I went on my road trip and found two items that I really loved (it is our favorites, isn't it?) Now, I just have to find that one other little thingy...I should be mailing next week.

• mer4205
    16 years ago

I am all set - Just have to wrap it all up, write a note and send it away! Maybe in the mail by Tuesday at the latest! -maria

• shaun
    16 years ago

Maybe today someone will get a surprise???

• deborah_ps
    16 years ago

Sheesh, I would have thought by the packages that went out last week someone would have gotten one already.
    I guess they take longer going north...maybe it's the head winds:)

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Well, I thought I'd have mine all wrapped up and mailed, yesterday, but the stores didn't cooperate - they didn't have what I have in mind for my 3rd item. So, I have some more pondering to do. It looks like my packages won't be out till next Monday. That is okay, isn't it? The deadline is March 14?

Sally

• shaun
    16 years ago

I know deborah! I mailed mine Feb 26th before noon. Where is it? Today makes 7 days.

• sigh
    16 years ago

All I'm waiting on is a pilgrimage, and an empty box. I've got my list, I just need to get to the proper store to finish it. Very apprehensive about this swap, I'm just not feeling like I've gotten it "right" yet.

Meanwhile I'm wondering about some of these other boxes too!

Nina

• maggie2094
    16 years ago

Wow! Those are taking long:( Wah

I just mailed mine! yippee!!! My box was so big that I had to have someone watch the baby while I ran in - couldn't carry the box and baby or push a stroller - LOL. I knocked some poor man in the head with it! They even charged a surcharge because of the size. I didn't think it was that big....

Well, now I want it to be there like right now! I really didn't wrap this time - just used reams of bubble wrap. Hope my partnah doesn't mind.

• artsyshell
    16 years ago

I just mailed mine too. It's heading south and my swap partner should get it sometime next week (hopefully early in the week). I feel pretty good about this one, and sure hope my partner feels the same way.

Shelley

• jimtex
    Original Author
    16 years ago

If things work as planned I'll pick up the last thing tomorrow night. I won't be able to ship until Monday unless UPS is open Saturday.
    Shelley, just how far south is your package going?
    James

• artsyshell
    16 years ago

Well James, it's about halfway.

Shelley

• stacy3
    16 years ago

yeah I'll be draggin up the rear I suppose. One item is on it's way - shipped from where I ordered it from. The second item is here - tempting me to keep it for myself - lol, and the third won't be here for a couple days yet. Then I'll have to send...

But this is the first "scaled down" swap I participated in, I think? And it seemed easier to me. But I did get some coool things!

Stacy

• diana55
    16 years ago

I'm off to the Post office this morning, before work. It's on it's way Swap Partner !!! Hope you like it !!! Diana55

• shaun
    16 years ago

You know what's really funny? After my swap partner (diane) posted that she got my box and all, I was so relieved that it arrive safely and nothing was broken etc., and this morning I was all smug thinking ok now that's done and she seemed happy.

Then it dawned on me .... I have a package coming to me too! I wasn't even thinking of getting anything I was so excited to give something!

• Gina_W
    16 years ago

Aw, Shaun, that's so sweet!

• jimtex
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Shelley, half way to what? You are good at the not giving away too much part. I will assume it's halfway to Texas :)

• riverrat1
    16 years ago

Shaun, I so hear what you are saying about forgetting that you are getting a box...I do that every time.

My box will be going out to my partner tomorrow. It's signed, sealed, delivered, it's yours! yeah baby!

I'm excited about my partner receiving this box. I really like this...I hope you do too!

• Gina_W
    16 years ago

I'm finished shopping, whoo-hoo! Uh-oh, now I need to to box and ship - that's always my procrastination period, augh. I will do this! I will do this!

• artsyshell
    16 years ago

My partner should be getting their package on Tuesaday, according to my tracker,:)

Shelley

• KatieC
    16 years ago

I've been awol, and frankly forgot when the deadline is, lol. I have my shopping done, except there's one thing I've been looking for, so I'm holding off in case I find it this weekend. If not...I just need to find a box.

• jimtex
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm going to pick up my last item on Sunday and ship on Monday. Got the box and peanuts and bubble wrap ready. Sorry partner, I hate those peanuts too, but they do make good packing material.
    James

• susie_que
    16 years ago

My box left Philly on a 6 pm flight yesterday 3/7/08!!
    I splurged on priority shipping so it "should" be arriving Monday...Tuesday at the latest!!

Even though DH works at the post office, I still don't "get" the rates or service. I sent a small box to Ca last summer-roughly half the size of a shoe box. It was about $20 for usps ground and the dang thing took about 2 weeks to get there! I remember looking at the clerk and saying "$20 really??" I mean the contents were valued at less than $10!
    This swap box is large and heavy. The total for priority and insurance was $16.44!! Go figure??
    Frank has and ebay store and ships basebll cards on a daily basis and they all seem to be the same rate.
    What gives??

As for a hint...all I can say is that mine is heading to a lovely person!! So that could be anyone here LOL!!

Cheers!
    Susie

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio