SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phyllis_philodendron

WANTED: It's here! Shaun is my swap partner!

My package arrived today!! Whoohoo! I also noticed a cute little frog on the return address label. It was from Shaun!

She wrapped everything up in bright, festive tissue paper (I apologize to my partner for wrapping in crappy newspaper, LOL) and David helped me unwrap everything. I got lots of goodies for the kitchen to help me bake. And the scouring pads will be great at removing all the crayon that's all over the place....sigh!

Let's see...here's the lowdown:

A nice oven mitt and Ove-Glove (I've seen these and wondered about them), to which DAvid said, "Ohhhh, WOW!" when he opened. Also some of those mini-oven mitts that just cover your fingers. He thought they were either gloves or feepers (slippers). LOL

A silicone pot holder, which will come in handy!

And a wonderful little LL Bean tote with pancake mix and syrup inside! YUM!

Shaun, you must've known that I've been wanting to bake lately. I just have to get my butt off the couch first. ;)

Thanks so much for your generous box!

Here is a link that might be useful: Swap box photos

Comments (35)

• Terri_PacNW
    18 years ago

feepers how cute!

I almost picked up some silcone "finger" mitts...
    but then I thought would "my" partner or myself even open the drawer and get them out with the dish towel so close? LOL
    I might have to pick some up though.

Cool stuff you got there...
    Hopefully my partner will be singing about goodes received from the PNW by Friday. ~fingers crossed it all arrives safe and whole~

• robinkateb
    18 years ago

Great swap package Shaun. I know David will enjoy the pancakes and syrup his mom received. Phyllis, enjoy the goodies.

-Robin

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Hey Partner, Your Swap Box is on its Way!

Q

Comments (4)
    Life has gotten in the way tonight of me posting. I want to do a swap thread justice and I'm not able to do it tonight. I'll post tomorrow...I'll leave you guys with this. It's an awesome swap box!!!!!;-) OMG! So awesome and completly perfect. Goldgirl, you sure know how to swap! I love everything and I DH is loving it too! Thank you!
    ...See More

WANTED: Swap partner, I want you to know...

Q

Comments (9)
    I'm finally making progress. Part one arrived in the mail today, part 2 should be done by the end of this week. Part 3 is easy and then voila, my package will go west (hint hint). :D No preschool this week so I need to get creative in tethering the children while I pick things up! LOL I did finally get to go out with only one kid, which made it easier. The weather finally let up enough that I could get out. Sarah was quiet or asleep most of the time, which helped!
    ...See More

HAVE: apology to my swap partner

Q

Comments (4)
    It must be an epidemic! I did the same thing. I had Janet's box all nicely taped up and addressed, when I looked over and saw the letter still on the table. I slit it open, slid the letter in and added one more layer of tape. What a brain dead bunch. Pam
    ...See More

WANTED: My partner's fuzzy math scores 100!

Q

Comments (44)
    I visit Oregon whenever possible - it is defintely one of the most beautiful states. The cheeseboard is stunning, as is the quilting. Everything looks great. From what I can tell, the Ina Garten books will be fantastic also, although I've never seen her. I tried to get one of her videos for this swap on eBay but got outbid. The tooth pillow is too adorable! Lars
    ...See More
  • compumom
    18 years ago

Well you certainly won't burn your fingers making those pancakes, will ya? Great and useful goodies. Enjoy!

• kent4489
    18 years ago

Phyllis, nice gifts! And I liked all the pics of your little David.
    Shaun, good choices. And I like the nice bright colors you chose!

• shaun
    18 years ago

"Phyllis", I laughed at the pic of your son's eye showing thru that little hole in the box! haha!

Glad it all arrived safely.

Those little mitts are for the microwave. There is a little paper tucked inside explaining them. I bought those for you at a craft fair - the lady who makes them was so sweet. There is also a magnet in them to keep them handy, within quick reach.

Enjoy~
    Shaun

• stacy3
    18 years ago

what a great package (and photos - lol!) I love the little tote with goodies - and what a great idea for the microwave. Enjoy Phyllis (and Pudge) - great package, Shaun!

Stacy

• phyllis_philodendron
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Shaun,
    I've seen photos of them before and they looked interesting. They will definitely come in handy for the micro because i never have anything on hand when I'm taking something out. The micro is on top of the fridge (I know, dangerous place to put it) so I will use the magnet and stick them to the side of the microwave! Cool. I just thought of that. LOL I'm afraid the directions were the first to go the minute David saw them. He's a bit overzealous when it comes to unwrapping things. :)

I hope you didn't mind me revealing your shoe size. LOL!

• momto4kids
    18 years ago

What a terrific package!! Great job Shaun! Phyllis, I love all of it and it all will come in handy! I especially love the little tote...perfect to toss keys, money, lip balm for the beach so they doesn't get lost in the BIG totes of "stuff" you undoubtedly have to take when you got to the beach!! Enjoy!!

• sheshebop
    18 years ago

Adorable photos (In my house feeper means one of two things 1) sweeper (I am scared of the feeper)or 2) keeper
    (my husband is definitely a feeper
    Anyway, the photos are really good. David looks just adorable. And Shaun, you did a very nice job!

• RuddMD
    18 years ago

Great box of goodies! I loved the pictures of David. What cute, pinchable little cheeks!

The microwave mitts sound cool. Phyllis my microwave is above my stove, not quite as high as frig, but I'm not very tall. I'm always careful when taking something hot out.

Enjoy your new stuff!

• lsr2002
    18 years ago

I love it when soneone thinks of your safety and well being, especially in such a fun way. David is so cute and I'll bet you and he love the freepers; I think they are cute too. I know you'll enjoy that pancake mix on a sleepy morning when you have demands for a quick good breakfast.

Nice package Shaun.

Lee

• susie_que
    18 years ago

He is just too cute for words!!

Great swap box!!

Cheers!
    Susie

• Karigraphy
    18 years ago

Love the photos of David enjoying the package as much as you.

And - I hope you love your Ove-Glove. I have one and it is great.

Yum yum on the pancakes and syrup.

Karen

• lakeguy35
    18 years ago

You will have to report back on that Ove-Glove, I've checked them out but have not yet bought one for myself. Let me guess what's for breakfast this weekend. David sure is growing up fast, enjoy all of your goodies! Great package Shaun!

David

• chase_gw
    18 years ago

Oh I just know these threads are going to get ahead of me! What a fun parcel, love the little finger mitts. I got one in a previous swap and use it lots, especially with things in the microwave. How much fun to see David in the pics....little David that is.

• doucanoe
    18 years ago

Great package Shaun! I like those little "mitts".
    I know Phyllis will treasure everything!

Linda

• homesforsale
    18 years ago

I love your gift unwrapper too..
    Very neat things..what treats!

• phyllis_philodendron
    Original Author
    18 years ago

"Those little mitts..." Sadly I'm afraid David has already spirited them away as I cannot find them! I will conduct a thorough search of the premises, though, and see what turns up. And I was all set to stick them to the side of the microwave....

• lindac
    18 years ago

I don't "do" the swaps because I already have so much stuff....I don't need a durned thing.....but I see these swap packages....and I think..."Wow! I would like THAT!" LOL!!
    But the best thing is seeing "Pudge Muffin!" Look at those hands!! What a bruiser!!
    "Feepers" indeed! Doesn't a good momma teach him that they are fwippers??? LOL!
    Phillis P....he's adorable....but then you knew that!
    Linda C

• riverrat1
    18 years ago

Phyllis, he sure is cute! Those eyelashes! Wow! Enjoy your box of goodies.

Great box Shaun!

• phyllis_philodendron
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh great, now everyone knows my email address. LOL Not that I can log on right now anyway...GRRR.

I noticed in the one photo you can not only see David's beautiful eyelashes, but the ear wax in one ear! Yack. Stuff drives me nuts and he could practically start manufacturing candles, he has so much.

Still haven't found the feepers. But I probably put them away and forgot where I put them. *sigh*

• chancesmom
    18 years ago

what a helpful package and what a cutie!
    enjoy the pancakes!

janet

• Gina_W
    18 years ago

Of course it's Pudgemuffin's swap too!

• dlundin
    18 years ago

Cool package! Weed gave me one of those silicone hot pads and I use it all the time. I never take it off the counter. Good job, Shaun. Hope you have fun with it all, Miss Philodendron.

• gardengrl
    18 years ago

Hee-hee...I see a pair of size 8 froggy house slippers coming Shaun's way. :-)

Nice swap goodies! What a cute "assistant" too!

• shaun
    18 years ago

I swan, I must be missing something. I don't see where my shoe size is shown? I looked at the pic of that green box and don't see anything on that either????

HUH?

Oh Phyllis, I hope you've found the feepers by now, I really want to know if they are as wonderful as the woman told me they were. I wish I had gotten myself a pair too.

Did you find them?

• gardengrl
    18 years ago

Shaun, it's in the photo captions (where Phyllis' son is peeking through the hole).

Ribbitt!! :-)

• shaun
    18 years ago

OH Gosh! I never even read that! hahaha

Okay send me all your Manolo Blahniks.

• jessyf
    18 years ago

A very astute package, Shaun. Pancakes with David, what a treat, Phyllis!

• ziporion
    18 years ago

Shaun, I love the feepers photo! What a cutie!

Phyllis, great package! I'm sure it'll be used promptly!

Catherine

• maggie2094
    18 years ago

Great goodies. The ove glove is for me - I am forever burning myself through oven mitts. The pancake mix in the bag looks like it will be really special.

Your son is so handsome - a real heartbreaker! Don't worry about the ear wax. My ped. says to just let it come out naturally - no q-tips. Since having my son I have to say none of that stuff grosses me out anymore!!

So somebody please tell me - what's with Shaun and frogs?

• trixietx
    18 years ago

I have bought the ove-glove for gifts and still don't have one, what a great package, I would like the microwave "feeper," I am always burning my fingers taking something out of the microwave.
    Great package and the cutest little helper, even with the earwax, which I didn't even notice. My DIL said the same thing that she was told just to let it come out naturally, but when my GS is here I use a q-tip, but don't tell anyone.
    Enjoy your package!

• shaun
    18 years ago

Maggie I'LL tell you about me and frogs.

During a swap, our little Miss Cheater Pants, aka JESSY, got my name. I was a little new to the group so Jessy researched my name here on the forum and she found some old posts over on the Reptile/Amphibian Forum, I had posted asking for help in getting rid of all the frogs that were all over our porch. They were pooping everywhere and peeing everywhere and it was just horrible!!!!

So Jessy took off with this frog idea and she sent me the funniest swap package; it had frog shaped pasta, an apron with frogs on it, rubber frogs that were threaded on shish kabobs, Gosh I can't even remember all of it. But I laughed so hard I had to go change.

So that's where the frogs came from.

• maggie2094
    18 years ago

HAHA - I never saw frog poop before and hopefully I will go my whole life without ever seeing it. That is hilarious!!! ...and there is a Reptile/Amphibian Forum, who knew?

frog shish kababs - lol!

• traceys
    18 years ago

Just catching up on the swaps here.

Shaun what a great package. I've always wanted one of those Ove-Gloves. Love LL Bean stuff too.

Phyllis, Did you get off your butt and make David pancakes? BTW he is soooo cute.

Enjoy!

Tracey