SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arabellamiller

I am grateful that my swap partner is Catherine!

arabellamiller
17 years ago

I've been more than a little stressed out lately. I'm trying to pack up the house for a move and deal with challenging sellers, idiotic buyers, brain dead agents and real estate attorneys. Add some Lucy health issues into the mix and I'm a wreck!

In an effort not to explode, I've been trying to constantly remind myself of all the things for which I am grateful. And today, I am incredibly grateful for my amazing swap partner - Catherine AKA Ziporion - who sent an absolutely perfect package to me.

Catherine, you made my day!

On my way out the door to pick the kids up from the bus and deposit the older one at hockey practice, I met the mailman. I dumped the mail inside, thinking it was something DH had ordered, started the car, then realized what it was and went back in to grab it, hoping I'd have a minute to open it in the car. Patience was never one of my better qualities.

Here it is, sitting next to me in the car. Taunting me!

Of course, I didn't have a second to open it, although I was able to get a good bit of the tape off at a couple of red lights!

Here's what I saw when I was finally able to rip into it at home:

Nice wrapping job! Those are 3 beautiful tea towels, which will look absolutely lovely in my soon to be new home.

And here are the goodies. First, a lovely note on one of AnnT's beautiful cards, a keeper for sure. And a local newspaper from the Yukon. Very cool.

Now for the main items - A small food scale, which I'm sure will be very handy. Catherine says she uses hers often.

A very interesting cookbook of Mediterranean cuisine. Catherine saw that I was intrigued by Morrocan cooking, and there certainly are a lot of things to try in this book. I'm very excited to get into my new kitchen and start experimenting.

The third item is piece of pottery that is breathtaking. The photo doesn't do it justice at ALL. It's exactly the kind of thing that I love - smooth beautiful lines, bold markings, handmade, dark rich color. I can't even begin to tell you how pleased I am with this gift. It's going to have a place of honor in my new home.

Here's a close up of the pottery:

Gorgeous.

Thank you, Catherine. This was a perfect swap package for me and you really put some joy into a stressful day.

AM

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living