Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Jessica is a cheaterpants...my box arrived!

Posted by stacy3 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 22, 06 at 16:41

I'm sure some of you have had to endure the hilarious Junie B series...

Well my package arrived today from Jessica what wonderful items! I can see why you enjoy sleuthing for others, Jessy you do an amazing job of it.

As I had a major lapse in posting for a couple months right around the beginning of the swap, Im afraid I made her job difficult and she had to go pretty far back in posts to do her investigating! Here are the packages that came out(the top came off of one of them and dripped around inside a little ironically, it was the one in the frog bag!!! You can see the sopping wet bottom)

Package number one yes the first piece of evidence of Jessy being a cheaterpants. She sent me a set of ramekins (8!) (which I needed and noted that my 4 are all different sizes) but somehow hidden inside each one of them was a Penzeys spice container! Even on my travels I have not come upon a Penzeys store and it is yet another of those things like Surfas, Whole Foods and Even Trader Joes that I am insanely jealous of people having in their backyardsI have Poultry Seasoning, Lamb Seasoning, Chip and Dip seasoning, Mulling Spices, Baking Spice (this has cardamom in it and I am addicted to chai!), Greek seasoning, Pasta sprinkle, and Chicago Steak Seasoning!!!!!!! WOW! I want to use them all tonight! What shall I make?

Package number two. A gorgeous cake plate! Jessica copied my photo of my heart shaped cake and said "do it again! Do it again!" This is pink tinted and will match my china should I ever get the nerve to actually use it lol.

Package number three. There were actually 3 jars inside the frog bagthe one that the top came off was a jar of candy crisp pickles from Surfaswhat I have licked off my fingers is excellent I think she included these just so Id have to admit to all of you again that I actually like to drizzle pickle juice on my potato chips

Also inside here was a jar of Jessicas homemade dilly beans! Will had these from a friend of ours a few months ago and has been asking for more. Now I seriously dont remember posting how much Will loves these things on top of being a cheaterpants, Jessica is also psychic (no I didnt say psycho PSYCHIC) He was so excited we had to open them right away and they didnt make it into the group photoI also have directions on how to make them and have no excuse to not do them myself

The third jar is caperberries (you can actually see Sammys nose trying to get close to that leaky pickle juice lol) I actually forgot about that recipe and that it needed these! I think I will make it this weekend (Alexas Cauliflower Bistecche with pancetta and caper berries) I asked about these last September and our own supersleuth discovered it and sent me some! YEA! Because I sure didnt find any around here

The fourth package.
Jessica noted that I love wild rice and sent me a package of her favorite from Trader Joes. Along with the rice were two Messermeister veggie peelers since I had mentioned that I thought I threw mine away with some peelsThey were part of package number four becaaaauuuuussseummmmmm.oh yeah, I might have to peel every grain of rice??? Yeah thats what she said(cheaterpants) These look soooo much better than the one I bought at WalMart several months ago hoping my other would turn upit didn't.

Here is the whole stash all FOUR items!

Jessica, I apologize for being a difficult partner. I sincerely thank you for all of my wonderful swap items and feel honored to add you to my list of swap partners-I think that is the best part of the swaps forming a bond with someone beyond just posts

Stacy (whos off to figure out which spice to use tonight Hey, its a backwards way to go about what were having for dinner, but oh well itll be fun! Maybe well have chips and dip!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Jessica is a cheaterpants...my box arrived!

Wow, Jessy, you know how to s-t-r-e-t-c-h a mini swap, don't you! LOL

Beautiful package! Stacy you better post on the WFD thread and tell us what you make with those new spices tonight!
Linda

o

Wow! Wee! Incredible!

Cute frog bag. hee hee!
Image hosting by TinyPic

o

Leave it to Jessie!

What a great parcel. Stacy, sweetie, you deserve it!

o

Definitely a fun package! All those penzey's spices... Stacy, you're gonna have a field day!!

o

Awesome package Stacy. Jessy, ya done good, girl.

o

Yeah, Jessy can't count real well. Lucky for you she can't. Enjoy it. I see some MLCs in your future.

o

AARRRGGGGHHH I didn't take Annie's advice to always, but always wrap jars in double ziplocks. Just this once It'll be OK like it always is, says I. Blame it on Nancy because the frog bag came to me from her in my last swap. I'll get another jar next time I hit Surfas - I need an excuse to go there.

Yup, you are a tough one to research. Not as hard as some!

The caperberries came from the Spanish store we Los Angelites went to in early February.

Make lamb tonight or SOON with my favorite lamb seasoning - toss in some slivered garlic and balsamic vinegar.

The search for that cake plate got me inspired to do some more ebay shopping for vintage glass pieces for myself! Oy.

Enjoy, Stacy! (you can call Annie for more details on making dilly green beans if I'm not around)

Jessica

o

Wow, I love that plate, and your ramekins are exactly like the ones Carol (dishesdone) sent me in a package. I just can't see you peeling rice, though. (grin)

Well, Jessica, you didn't take my advice on the packaging, but after that broken jar I had while you were here (Oh, they NEVER break, LOL) it doesn't surprise me. Geez, I'm such a bad example. At least it wasn't your homecanned beans that leaked.

Annie

o

ROFLMAO!! Jessy you are a stitch! Jessy offered to help me find a creative way to group my items so I can send everything I want to. Um, yeah, peel every grain of rice, hide items in the ramekins... Interesting plan.

That Cake Plate is gorgeous. So to find something similar do I just put in Vintage Glass on E-bay? I can help with Dilly Beans as well. I once compiled a list of every harvest Forum members preferred recipe.

Stacy, your enthusiasm for this package is loud and clear. Enjoy. Love Sammy's nose in that photo!!

-Robin

o

I adore cake plates and pedestals, especially vintage ones. And that one is beautiful. And yes, Jessy is a cheaterpants and aren't you glad? Great package.

o

This is a great group of goodies. I've been wondering what you ordered from ebay. The cake plate is beautiful.

All the Penzy's seasoning - wow. Stacy you'll have a great time with those. Like you, I have no hope of getting to a Penzy's anytime soon.

Exactly what is a caperberry? Like a caper, only better? :)

Ramekins are good. Are you a MLC virgin? Heh, heh, not for long!

Jess - as always, you did a great job of sleuthing. Wonderful package.

o

Stacy, Fabulous gifts! You'll love them all, I know. The cake plate is beautiful.

Jessy, Nice, nice package. I usually put potential messy things in zip bags, but didn't this time. I was fretting until I heard everything arrived ok.

o

Stacy, what a great package and Jessy, you don't know how to count! And Shaun thought my creative counting was bewildering!! Tell us what you make with all those spices.

janet

o

Jessy is a sneaky one! Great package, I know you'll enjoy it all! Try out Carol's delicious lemon custard cakes wtih those ramekins. I love the cake plate too. Yep, Stacy, you'll have to come out to So. CA so we can show you around!

o

Awesome!!! What a terrific package. I also love the cake plate.

AM

o

So Jessy's a "cheaterpants" now? Great word play, Stacy! You can't do better than homemade dilly beans and that cake plate is lovely.

Wonderful choices, Jessica!

o

Yeah she's a sneaky, can't counter...

Nice Job Jessica!

o

One for me, one for you, two for my swap partner. One, two, tree. tree and tree is dirty tree. Right?

o

Forget it, Jessy. Lucky for Stacy, you can't count.

Now I finally know who to look to when I need advice peeling rice.

Can't wait to see a cake on that beautiful plate - love it!

o

I love those spices..will they ever open in Canada?

Great gifts!

o

What a great swap package. I love how she hid all the Penzey's spices in the ramekins.

A great job by Jessy!

By the way, there is a Penzey's in Pittsburgh that you'll have to check out next time when you're not driving around in a limousine. ha ha ha Or you could have the limo pull over for an emergency Penzey's spice break. (There is a Whole Foods here, too.)

Enjoy all your seasonings and sauces!

Karen

o

Oh Karen, I'll remember that -Scott is asking me to go to a ballgame - I think in May. Penzey's may have to be one of my "conditions". (and Whole Foods!) I'll let you know if we're going!

Unfortunately last night I spent WAAAAY too much time writing up my description - lol - and only had time for leftover vegetable noodle soup from the night before for dinner.

However, I am getting off the computer and heading to the store and will be using those spices in my list planning.

I'm not a MLC virgin, but I am a virgin for those lemon cakes - I am going to try those too! AND, I am anxious to entertain some more and Jessy recognized that as she sent 8 ramekins - our next get together will be using these - YEA! Oh, but wait, I want to make a cake and display it on my beautiful new plate - oh and I want to make that cauliflower recipe, too! And I better get started right now, peeling that rice...

Oh and I noticed the ingredients in the wild rice - "a delicious blend of long grain brown rice, black barley and daikon radish seeds" It sounds heavenly...I'm looking forward to the flavor of the radish seeds.

And last but not least - I can't take credit for coining the phrase "cheaterpants"...there is a series of books about a very mischievious little girl named Jessica - um - sorry - I mean Junie B. Jones - who gets into all sorts of trouble...I couldn't resist. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Junie B , Cheater Pants

o

Wonderful Swap Box Jessica. I love how you "worked" the 4 groups.

Stacy with 8 ramekins you can make Sol's MLCs and always have a few in the freezer. And you are really going to want to try the Lemon Custard Cakes, sooner rather than later. They are that good. Sounds like your Will has similar taste buds to my Matthew. He loves dilled beans and he has been known to wipe out jars of capers and caperberries. Eats them like pickles.

Looking forward to seeing that beautiful cake plate put to good use soon too.

Enjoy.

Ann

o

Looks like Jessy needs to go to summer school for math LOL.

I love that cake plate it's gorgeous. Looks like you're gonna have a lot of fun baking and putting those spices to good use.

Enjoy!

BTW I love Junie B Jones

Tracey

o

What a great package! Nice job Jessy! The cake plate is beautiful. Monique, I've been wondering about Penzey's too... are they just in the US? The spice mixes look very good!

Stacy, you'll have to show us your beautiful creations in ramekins. MLC's or lemon custard cake, they both sound great to me.

Catherine

o

Do you want me to loan you my rice peeler?

o

Great package you have there Stacy, just call me and let me know when you are making the MLC's or another cake. I'll be there in a NY minute!! Enjoy all your goodies! Cool swap box Jessica!

David

o

I'm behind on swaps. Hey cheaterpants! Good job!

o

Wow. I adore the cake plate. I never heard of dilled beans - sounds good!

o

Jessica was a great "cheaterpants!" Love the spices tucked inside the ramekins! Great package!

o

Well Jessy I think you actually curtailed your usual enthusiastic tendencies--after all there are only FOUR packages there--and all seem well suited for Stacy ! You'll have to use those pink dishes Stacy, now that you have such a pretty cake plate to go with them . Enjoy those spices .
Diane

o

Oh my! I thought I had posted to this thread!

LOL at the cheaterpants, heh heh heh! Hey, if Stacy can call you names then I can too! Funny stuff!

Jessica, great job on all but that cake plate is something special!

Stacy, enjoy your box! I was a lucky recipient of a swap package from Jessica. I remember feeling very special!

o

I am trying to do catch up on the swaps and just amazed at how creative everyone is.

I really do like that cake plate, I really like everything!

Jessica, I don't care if Stacy called you a cheaterpants, LOL, that is a wonderful package.

Enjoy, Stacey!

o

What a great variety of gifts Jessy, you picked cool things and I can just hear your sighs of relief when that special plate made it to you in one piece and then survived it's trip to Stacy. I'm waiting to see how you use all those spices - what fun.

Keep on baking and spicing things up Stacy.

Lee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here