SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
riverrat1

WANTED: Perfection in a box from Doucanoe!

riverrat1
17 years ago

This box could not have come at a better time. I needed this box today!

Linda, You've outdone yourself! This is a beautiful swap box, one that I will treasure for a long time.

First things first. The front of the envelope was addressed "To my dear friend Karen" and how true that is! We have become good friends, sharing in common health ailments, among other things! LOL!

We both love to eat and prepare soups and you hit the nail on the head picking this cookbook for me! It's a beautiful book. There are so many recipes that I want to try but I'm thinking I'll try the Jalapeno-Corn Chowder first. Then Cream of Tomato Soup with Puff Pastry Crowns.

{{gwi:1460223}}

I remember posting that red is a favorite color of mine. I needed a gratin dish and this fits the bill perfectly. It is a wonderful match to the Portmeirion dishes that I use everyday. I've been using a round casserole dish when I make Crab Au-gratin. I now have a proper dish for the gratins that I bake.

See the little teddy bear in the gratin dish? That's one of those brown sugar bears that keeps your brown sugar soft. I soooo needed one. DH and I were just talking about where I would be able to find one. Wow, your a mind reader too!

{{gwi:1460224}}

Just look at these dishes! Not one but two of them! Linda, they are perfect. I think they will be displayed as works of art! Guys, Linda hand made these dishes. I know you are a talented glass worker. OMG, these are beautiful. In your note you were worried that they wouldn't match. Just look at how perfectly they go with the granite in my kitchen.

{{gwi:1460225}}

I love these swaps and they seem to get better and better as time goes on. Linda, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to research me (I know I'm a tough one) and spending the time making these glass dishes for me. These are very special and I'll always think of you when I see them. Same goes for all my other goodies. Thank you again for a box of perfection!

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths