Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wow! The perfect gifts from Ann arrives!

Posted by kent4489 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 22, 06 at 15:48

This was a day I needed this...spent the morning at Immediate Care...yuk, viral respiratory infection...must be going around. I was home and just resting when the doorbell rang... woo hoo... guy in the brown shorts at my door! Hmmm... just the little pick up I needed!

It was exciting just seeing that the package was from Victoria, BC (sent from a mailing center, but I knew it had to be from Ann!)

I have no excuse to ever order carry out pizza again! Ann sent some great pizza items! (We had a pizza discussion a few weeks ago when she called to give some personal assistance with her Italian bread recipe, which can be used for pizza/foccacia dough.) Even the note card was perfect, featuring a picture of Ann's own foccacia (gives me something to aspire to!).

Now to the goodies! A pizza peel...oh, boy...this just looks fun! Two perforated pizza pans! Love them...I almost bought one yesterday, so glad I didn't. A bench knife. Great! A heavy duty Kitchen Aid Pizza Cutter...this looks like it will zip right through the crust. Next, is a wonderful pizza cookbook, Pizza California Style. I'll enjoy this a lot...can't wait to try something from it. Finally, an Instant Read Thermometer...I need this, I really need this. Isn't this a great gift package?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ann, thank you so much for a wonderful swap package. I really love everything!

Jayne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wow! The perfect gifts from Ann arrives!

Wow, that's a great package, alright! And I bet Gregg is going to love it too. Do you deliver? :)

o

WOW what a great theme! Can't wait to see pics of your next pizza.

o

Terrific Theme! Wish I'd thought of it!

Enjoy yourself Jayne! Don't forget to post pics of your pizzas!!

o

Jayne, that is a wonderful package from Ann! I have been craving homemade pizza lately. I printed Claires recipe and went to World Market this weekend and found a nice pizza stone!
Have fun and maybe share a few recipes from the book? pretty please?

Linda

o

oooh, I love it! The peel looks great - and the cookbook - and Ann always makes such a lovely card to put in her package - look at that photo. What a great package!

Stacy

o

mmmm.... pizza. I'll be right over for dinner!! Great package Ann!! Jayne, I'm sure you're going to cook up a lot of yummy pizza with all that great equipment!

o

That is a fabulous package! Why don't you just send the whole thing my way? Nice job, Ann. Lucky you, Jayne.
Sher

o

That is a fabulous theme, Ann. Pizza is one of the essential food groups. Can't wait to see what you make with it, Jayne!

o

Great package Ann. Where you fishing when you called Jayne or was that just a happy coincidence. What a nice pick me up, something to look forward to when you are healthy.

-Robin

o

Jayne, I'm so happy that you like it. You have been doing so much baking lately that it was easy to come up with the idea for the theme. But of course like everyone else I started to second guess myself.

I forgot to mention in my card how I grouped every thing into 4 items, although it is probably obvious. The Scraper, thermometer and pizza cutter are one group "Tools of the Trade", the pans are two, the paddle three, and the cookbook four.

Now you just need to buy a stone and you are in business.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ann

o

Jayne, with your newfound talent for bread making, that package is perfect. You'll be making perfect pizza, I'm sure.

I sure hope you feel better soon, I know you've said that "cold" was getting you down. More than a cold, huh?

Annie

o

This swap is turning into a class in creative grouping! And you did a great pizza grouping Ann.

o

Ooo how fun! I need one of them pizza peels. We love to make homemade pizzas.

Janye - you are going to love those goodies.

Ann - great job!

o

Ann, that's a very nice theme and execution. Hard for me to stay that focused.

Did I hear....pizza party at Jayne's? My mouth is watering.

Nancy

o

Jayne, I know you're gonna have fun with all the new pizza equipment, now get well soon and put it to good use!

Ann, that's a perfect theme for Jayne. Great goodies!

o

Great theme and great swap package! Everything looks so terrific. Enjoy!

AM

o

"Creative grouping" indeed! What a great pizza package, Ann!

Jayne, you're surely still in FL, right? That scenery does not look like cold, snowy Indianapolis (or even like Minneapolis, I bet)! We will be expecting magnificient looking pizzas, ya know?

o

Great Pizza theme..
I see even our Ann, doesn't count well..
So my cheating was minimal. ~wink~ compared to Ann and Jessica.

o

What a great idea:)

You know how to shop too Ann:)

o

Yes, big pizza party at my house! LOL! Ann, no need to second guess yourself...like I said, it is perfect. I'm looking forward to using everything. Sometimes I think Greg could eat pizza every night, so these things will see lots of use. Thanks again!

o

Ok, now you have to post mouth-watering photos of the pizzas you make with your new supplies. Have a great time creating pizza pies!

Karen

o

Creative grouping here and poor math skills at Jessy's house, I'm not feeling so bad now. I had my own issues.

That is a perfect package for Jayne. That bench knife is one of the best tools.

Enjoy Jayne!!

Tracey

o

Mmm, the photo makes my mouth water! What a great package! I'd never have thought of a pizza theme, but it's so appropriate! Great job Ann! I know Jayne will enjoy!

Catherine

o

What a great package -- I can almost smell the pizza baking from here.

o

We will be waiting for you to break in your new equipment. What toppings are you going have?? Anchovies? I'll be right over.

o

Your bread pics kill me, now I'll have to deal with pizza pics!! That is a great swap box for you Jayne, that new mixer will never get a rest from making dough of some kind!! As always Ann, you did great!

David

o

Ann always does a good job considering she can't send food to the US.

Send over a slice of pizza, please!

o

Now that's the perfect package for you Janet ! Ann did her usual good job putting it together. Enjoy--let us know how those perforated pans work.
Diane

o

I want everything there. Didn't you make a carmalized onion pizza? I'll have one of those, please!

o

Great theme- I love it!

o

Wow! What a wonderful package! I've been reading a bunch chatter about pizza making again! A great way to kick-start that pizza!

o

Love love love this package! Ann you knew exactly what to get Jayne!

Jayne, I can't wait to see pics of your pizza! Hope your feeling better!

o

What a clever theme, Ann. Why am I always asking myself why I didn't think of that?

Jayne, have fun making pizza!

o

Wow, you have everything you need to perfect your pizza making skills. I'll bet there are some wonderfully creative ideas in the cookbook. I love non traditional and traditional toppings.

You're gonna have such fun.

Hope your feeling good again Jayne, I'll be looking forward to more pictures.

You sent a terrific box Ann, I love it.

Lee

o

Wow! That is a fantastic package -- what a great theme!

You'll have to let us know what California pizza recipes you try out!

Congrats, Jayne; I know you'll enjoy this. And great job, Ann!

o

Those pans are very cool....looking forward to some new pizza recipes. Fun theme!

o

I've never tried those perforated pizza pans. However, I do use Ann's pizza sauce recipe quite a bit. It's one of the better ones I've tried. Great theme Ann. Enjoy your pizza collection!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here