SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katiec_id

WANTED: A Chinese New Year goldmine from Goldgirl

KatieC
17 years ago

After my post office sort of forgot to let me know I had a package (think Mayberry), I finally tracked it down last night. What fun...Goldgirl couldn't have done better.

First a nice letter and a gorgeous Chinese New Year card (we just had a Year of the Pig celebrations at our kids' programs.

Here's everything:

International: The Little Saigon Cookbook. Goldgirl saw that I've never tried Vietnamese food, so she made sure I have no excuse. DH said he spent a year in Vietnam and didn't eat Vietnamese food once...now that he is older and wiser, he can't wait to try it. The book came with a jar of lemongrass powder so I am ready to make....something. I think I'll be curling up with this book AND a strong, sweet cup of Vietnamese coffee this afternoon.

Cooking Method:Brewing...a Vietnamese coffee set. I can't wait to play with this (probably this afternoon when DH comes up for a break). I tried to get a shot of the insides...cool gadget. Fortunately GG thought to send a link to directions. There's two of them, along with coffee and sweetened condensed milk. (I may have to keep the can). GG says they make good iced coffee...now I can't wait for it to warm up!

Then came Ceramics: Oh, these are gorgeous. I love the shape and the color, and you can see how well they go with the candle holder (gift from the Kid) in the background:

We eat lots of rice bowls and stir-fry-sh things. These bowls will be perfect...

Thank you Goldgirl. I love everything.

Comments (27)