Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: what did you buy for yourself while swap shopping?

Posted by ruddmd (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 5, 06 at 13:24

While at Marshall's yesterday I ran into a sale on napkin rings. Beautiful red beaded ones boxed in sets of four. Each set was reduced to $3. I bought 3 sets and am thinking about going back and getting several more. :) I love napkin rings, you can never have too many!

Let's see, I also found a nickel plated shower organizer on clearance, DD bought her dad a little valentines gift. At the book store I bought a book by Melinda and Robert Blanchard called "A trip to the beach". Just the thing for a dreary February. Oh - and a magazine called Budget Travel.

So even though not much was bought for my swap partner I had a great time shopping for myself.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: what did you buy for yourself while swap shopping?

Let's see what I bought for myself this past week while swap shopping. I can't tell you 2 of the things because it was one of those buy one for my swap buddy and buy one for me!

A neat frame on sale
An electric manicure/pedicure set
A small planter
A new backdoor rug

I love shopping for my swap partner. LOL!

o

Wine. I bought a few bottles! I went a little crazy at the Lindts chocolate store as well - Valentine's Day is coming up, you know.

o

new boots for me, new sneakers for me, and some pants for Scott for VDay...

Seip family 3...swap partner 0.

I looked, though, really I did. I'm just too picky buying for someone else. that's why I get so stressed out at holiday time.

o

I went shopping in Nanaimo last week with the intention of shopping for my partner, but I ended up buying 6 mini bundt pans and a large star shaped bundt pan for me. BUT, while I was shopping I got the idea for what I am going to buy for my partner. I know they will have what I want in the restaurant supply store in Victoria. I have to pick up a friend at the Victoria airport next week so I'll just go early so I can shop. If they have everything I want I'll be able to mail it the same day. Matt works at a Mail Box Etc. and I'll get him to pack and mail it for me.

Ann

o

Ran into a sale at bookstore--so ended up with Robb's new book in her Eve Dallas series & picked up 2 Fables & Fairy Tales , one for each GGS.

And at Marshall's found a lovely little leaded glass vase/ tinket holder for DDebbie's upcoming birthday.

o

Well, I certainly bought a lot more for me than I did for my swap partner. I got a VillaWare grill pan(with weighted, grooved lid). Maybe this will work for panini and I won't have to get the Cuisinart Griddler I really want. Or I might wind up with both!
I bought 6 huge (18 & 24" diameter) ceramic flower pots and a double shepherd's crook to hang bird feeders on (got all this for about $70). Also a new pancake turner. Saw a KA bench knife that I wish now that I'd picked up. 8 new ramekins (for MLC) and a tart pan. Lamps for DGD's room with self-adhesive shades for me to cover. Some chocolate candy. That's about enough.

o

too much but rather not post.

What if you bought things your swap partner already bought for you? That would be disappointing to that person - especially if they went out of the way to get them.

Just a thought.

o

LOL. I bought one of almost everything my partner is getting. I bad.

o

I almost bought me a new apron....I didn't buy one for either of us though! But I might go back and get the one I wanted. LOL

o

Aprons! OMG! I never thought of that! I love aprons, and I ruined my favorite in a little bleach incident. OK. I am definitely going shopping Friday for aprons for me!

o

Well up until last night I was being good and had not bought myself anything while swap shopping. However last night I went to Home Goods and I bought myself 2 pans. I bought a whole set of Tramontina pots 2 years ago from TJ Maxx and Home Goods. Folks on the cookware forum found out this type was not going to be around after that. I was so happy to find a 1.5 QT saucepan and a small frying pan last night. The saucepan I was sorry I had not bought and the fry pan, well... I could not resist.

I also bought a butter bell for my dad's apartment. He doesn't use butter but DH and I really miss our butter bell when we visit. Also it was only $7.99. The I bought a steamer with an extendable center post for easy removal.

I am also eyeing a bench to go in my living room. It has a lift up seat with storage underneath and 2 big pillow on top to discourage me from piling things up on it.

-Robin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here