SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessyf_gw

Lee, you got me singing!

jessyf
18 years ago

Yipee, my swap package from Lee (LSR2000) got here yesterday! I didn't open it until this AM so my family could roll their eyes and then get jealous. DS #2 immediately insisted I give him a piece of that chocolate. I told him to joing the CF so he could get his own @## package. That'll larn them.

I'm a toughie to swap with because I don't always post about obvious things - with kids, I keep meals pretty simple. BUT Lee did pick up on the fact that I love opera - so that was my theme! Thank you Lee, for all the work you put in! I'm really going to enjoy this.

Here are the items all wrapped up (mostly)

{{gwi:1459999}}

And here is what she packed:

(1) The apron - red with black print - is by Al Hirshfeld, with about 50 of NY's Metropolitan Opera stars. I wish there was a legend, because I swear I already spotted Pavarotti three times. I'm counting Ninas already, thank god he doesn't list the number this time.

(2) Next is a CD and book set - 'Dining and the Opera in Manhattan' - recipes from Manhattan restaurants, AND a CD of opera arias, some of which I'll be singing in the car with my kids when they misbehave (heh heh). I browsed through the recipe book and they look fantastic, and even better, doable for a home cook. Truffles ... risottos...strawberries with balsamic ... oh baby, here I come.

(3) Third are two jars of conserves - I love those, since Annie, Katie and Robin turned me into a canner. Orange marmalade, made from fruit from Seville. Who can forget Alfalfa screeching out 'I'm the Barber of Seville'. I prefer Rossini's version with Figaro. And a jar of fig spread (I LOVE figs), Lee said 'represents the figs that were for sale by the street vendors outside the Cafe' Momus in Puccini's La Boheme'. I'm always watching for Musetta in that scene (so is everyone else), next time I'll look for figs!

(4) The chocolate. OMG. Three miniature bottles of 'Mozart' brand chocolate liqueurs, white, dark, and original. I haven't heard of those. But they do represent Wolfie's big three - light hearted Cosi Fan Tutte, the very original for its time "Magic Flute", and the dark "Don Giovanni", my favorite. I don't share these, paws off DH. Lee also sent an 'Encore' of black and white 'Encore' black and white chocolates.

Lee, ya done good. Please send on my thanks to your consultants: Bubbe, Compumom, your friend Mimi (!), and of course, your DH. Tell him we saw Wagner's Ring cycle in January and that we actually liked it! I'll hopefully see you in June! Thank you sooooo much!

The whole package:

Better take a closer look at those chocolate liqueurs:

Comments (32)