SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
granjan_gw

WANTED: It's not a mini swap anymore! Add $250 onto my package!

granjan
18 years ago

I've been trying to get this package finished for days. So I put the pressure on to get it together late yesterday afternoon so we can run it into the post office lobby before we go to the movie.(It's already metered.) The 4 20 minute spots in front are all taken. (By people who will be longer than 20 minutes at 7:30 p.m.!) So Norm pulls behind the last car in the bus zone. I run in and run out. There is now a cop with flashing lights behind our car and a furious driver inside.

The cop takes forever to get out of the car and Norm gets more and more angry. When the cop arrives he doesn't even ask for id, just hands in the ticket and walks away. Norm screams he doesn't want to talk about it so we go silently, but not happily to the movie. (Suriana which wasn't nearly as good as The Constant Gardener.)

This morning he finally looks up the fine. $250!!!! He's not talking about it again except to say that I have to fight it! What a waste of time. I know that bus stops are no stopping no standing and that means you can't even let out a passenger. But when he's like this there IS no talking to him. (Of course this is MY fault, but I'm not accepting responsibility. This is YOUR fault because this is such a fun place to hang out and laugh and learn new things.)

Comments (21)