Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Second Box from Granjan Arrived!!!!!

Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 06 at 12:04

The mail person was just here, naturally I opened the box as fast as possible...

All kinds of treats, Janet, what a lovely surprise.
There's coffee beans from Peet's Coffee (Berkeley), also Mocca Beans from Peet's, I can see I'd love this place!
Candy bars from Scharffen Berger along with Cacao Nibs, these will be fun to cook with and even suckers from See's Candy.
Then I find a Berkeley Bowl Produce tote bag, just the thing to stash things in wherever I go. I love it!

Then, I unwrap a cookbook that I have seen mentioned numerous times....the Chez Panisse Menu Cookbook by Alice Waters... I can't wait to get into this book. Excited? Me? You bet!

Janet, a simple Thank You doesn't seem to be enough, so here's a BIG ((((((HUG)))))). What a wonderful swap partner you are.

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Second Box from Granjan Arrived!!!!!

Holy cow! Double the fun!

Linda

o

wow-wie...what a nice haul, Nancy.
Janet, you really do it up right.

o

Oh WOW....... lucky you Nancy. I can just see all the "kids" lined up for one lick each of those suckers!

Janet, how thougthful, fun and generous!

o

A second surprise. The cook book sounds wonderful and I like the idea of the tote bag.

Janet, you sneaky thing, you. :)

Enjoy!

o

How nice! And the cookbook will be fabulous! I do like the goodies too!

Catherine

o

Nancy, that sounds like it's right up your alley, coffee and chocolate, plus another cookbook.

I know you don't have any. (grin)

Janet, you must have done your homework, this is perfect for Nancy.

Annie

o

Wow! Janet does the sneaky more than one package again. She is so tricky. What a haul! Lucky you, Nancy!

o

Wow Wee is right!!!

Hey, this is box #2 - are you sending 4 boxes? hahahaha!!!

o

AnnT, Are you watching for rule infractions??

Nancy, It's because you are so nice!

o

No rule infractions if you do group counting! Coffee,wine, chocolate, produce with it's own recyclable bag, and cookbooks. All from Berkeley sources. You can't count the annoying advertising items the sender threw in!

o

Ha ha advertising!!! lol. I have never been to Berkleley but adore Alice Waters and those items seem like heaven. Enjoy Nancy!

o

Another cheaterpants!

A "C" theme? Coffee-chocolate-cookbook, I get it!

o

Chocolate and coffee, you can't go wrong with that. Another generous package. Enjoy Nancy!!!

o

Lucky you! A wonderful surprise! I'll have to pick up that cookbook now. I just can't stand missing out on a cookbook! Great second box!

o

Not a C theme, a Berkeley theme. Everything that we produce or are famous for. Deciding on the cookbook was hard there are so many great food writers here but Alice is our most well known. Sharfenberger chocolate and Peet's are good. And Berkeley Bowl is THE BEST, although Monterey Market is it's equal if smaller.

o

I'm with Gina! Really, that is a great follow-up package that I know you will enjoy Nancy.

David

o

Oh what a great surprise!

o

it sounds just great - I actually bookmarked Peet's while I was swap shopping - the stuff looked wonderful....and the cookbook - you hit the jackpot!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here