Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: omg i am the first!!!!

Posted by doucanoe (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 1, 06 at 10:08

Got home last night to find a huge box on my porch. Couldn't remember ordering anything....then it hit me....SWAP PACKAGE!!

Ilisa (aka ArabellaMiller)was on her toes to get this done so soon!

And she obviously did her homework as she sent these lovely things:

1. a bottle of Jacobs Creek Grand Reserve Shiraz. Had a couple of glasses last night, it is very good!
2. A "Charm" corkscrew from IKEA. As she stated in the letter she included, "You can never have enough corkscrews!" (How True!)
3. A package of Spanish Olive Oil Crisp Bread. These are divine. Kind of like a big flat cookie, slightly sweet and crunchy with sugared almonds and a hint of anise. These won't last long!
4. Trader Joe's chocolate covered blueberries. I brought these to work to munch on. MMMMM
5. A box of decadent chocolate truffles. These just melt in your mouth! So good!
6. And a $10 gift certificate to TJ's for when ours opens up here!
7. And the box was strewn with Lindt chocolate truffles, too! Guess this should take care of my chocolate fix for a while!

Ilisa, this was the perfect ending to a long cold day! Thank you SO MUCH for all of these fabulous treats! As you can tell, I have already sampled them all, and between Tim and me, they will be gone before weeks end, I am sure! I don't yet have a digital, so I hope Ilisa took photos.

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: omg i am the first!!!!

I love when the first boxes start to arrive. Especially so early. Arabella, you did good. Wonderful gift box. Enjoy Linda.

Ann

o

Oh this is fun! I'm glad the truffles didn't melt.

Nice box Ilisa!

I need to get busy!

o

Linda, won't it be fun to visit your new TJ's with a gift certificate in hand. When does it open? I'll be anxious to hear what you use it for.

Very nice box!

Nancy

o

Oh, let the fun begin!

Great package, Ilisa.

Hey, Linda, enjoy. It sounds delicious!

o

What fantastic ideas - especially the gift certificate - that'll be fun!

BUT, isn't there ALWAYS somebody who makes me feel soooo guilty by sending out their package so swiftly????? sheesh, Ilisa, I haven't even shopped yet....

Stacy

o

Sheeseh Ilisa is right. How nice Linda. When does your TJ's open? Very nice package.
Sherry

o

Not sure when our TJ's will open, couldn't find a number to call them. So I guess I will just wait. In the meantime if I go visit Erin I can always use my GC at one of the Chicagoland TJ's.

Linda (munching on chocolate covered blueberries)

o

I'm so glad the wine arrived without issue! As you can tell, I had a hard time with the "mini" part of this swap. There were so many things I wanted to send!

I wish I had remembered to take a picture. Oh well, you did a great job of describing everything.

I'm glad you like the wine - sometimes wine can be a very personal taste, but I love that one and was hoping you would too. I was a little nervous because you are much more of a wine afficianado than me!

Enjoy!

AM

o

Yeeeheeee! The fun begins! What a great package - wine, chocolate.... mmmmmm....

I haven't even begun shopping yet!!! I better get moving!!

o

What a great box! And how fun to be the first (especially from AM, who has her hands full with three little ones). Nice to enjoy a little present in the dead of winter, isn't it?

o

OK, so where are the pictures? (grin)

I can see three "separate" items: The wine and corkscrew are one, the food items are two and the gift certificate is three. Simple as can be, and you're still within limits. Ahem. That's sure a nice box, though.

Annie

o

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

o

Nice package! My first thought was also "Let the Fun Begin!!"

o

Yum-O!

o

Okay, I'm watching this one from the sidelines, but I had to jump in and say how I'm impressed I am that a box has already been shipped and received! Linda, your description of everything has my stomach growling! Everything sounds great. What a package, AM!!

Lori

o

So nice to have the fun begin! Keep those truffles away from me :-) Chocolate is my weakness.

o

Great box, AM.....have fun with all those goodies, Linda. Mmmmmmm....chocolate covered blueberries.....

For my partner: you do know that I will need an airline ticket to go with my TJ's gift certificate? Just a reminder....

o

LOVE the idea of sending one of YOUR favorite wines!!! (sorry, you didn't limit your items - I'm not limiting my responses --tee hee!)

Stacy

o

Linda, Nice package and fun being first! Everything sounds great!

Ilisa, Good job and so quick!

Jayne

o

Great package. Chocolate covered blueberries and truffles sound wonderful. Enjoy Linda!!!

Ilisa, I can't believe you got it together so quickly. I feel like a slacker.

Tracey

o

What a fun box, I know you'll enjoy it all.

Lee

o

Great package. Wine and chocolate works for me any day. I really need to get going. Can't make up my mind at all what I want to do. I'm engrossed in sites on Disneyland and SW France and I need to be working on my swap package and my mother's 80th BD. Forgive me partner for being so distracted.

o

That spanish olive crisp bread sounds delicious. I would love some right now.

-Robin

o

WAY TO GO!!!

Really cool swap box!!!

Cheers!
Susie

o

What's not to like here? Plus a TJ's gift certificate!! Have fun Linda, and I'm envious of that new TJ's right in your backyard. Great box AM!

David

o

Very nice box of yummies! Trader Joe and I are close friends.

o

Wine and chocolate......lovely February parcel! Very thoughtful to think of a way of luring you to the new TJ's ; )

o

What a nice package you put together Ilisa. You put the rest of us to shame with your promtness. I'll have to tell DH about the Shiraz, it is one of his favorite types. Linda, enjoy the good eating and the trip to TJs.
Linda

o

How fun! I love the gift certificate idea! The first package is always special. AM, you did a great job putting this together.

I can't wait to see who gets the next one!

o

Great package!! It's very exciting to have been the first to receive, too!!

Enjoy!

o

oh yummy--wine & choc--great idea---gift certificate--now that's a GREAT idea !

Diane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here