SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lsr2002

WANTED: It was so nice to come home to surprises from Sharon

lsr2002
18 years ago

Max met me at the airport late last night and immediately said we had a package from Oakville. It had to be from Chase! Who else do we know from Oakville?

It took all the restraint I could gather not to open it until this afternoon, after I sent my package off, second day air at Fed Ex.

The box was topped off with the front section and the real estate section from the Toronto newspaper. ItÂs such fun to read papers from other cities. The first thing I opened was a warm and lovely note.

Sharon, I love everything you sent.

The small square plates will get lots of use; in fact we used them at dinner tonight!

I should have put some mint leaves around the cake or added some more berries, which I had but didnÂt think about. But I was thrilled to see these little mascarpone cakes when I went to pick up some quick things for dinner. The plates will be great for lots of things. We often have an assortment of cheeses, shrimp and little appetizers for a weekend lunch or supper. I photographed the gifts in the dining room because the light was better there this afternoon, but you can see how well these will go on the table we use the most.

To go with the plates are some really neat appetizer picks that have polished stones wrapped in wire decorating the ends and a wonderfully designed spreader and serving fork.

Last but by no means least is a fun little cookbook called FingerFood. IÂve already looked through it and found lots of recipes IÂd like to try: a simple Baba Ganoush, I love it  IÂve never made it, mini pizzas  I keep talking about making my first pizza crust, sweet potato soup served chilled in small glasses, shrimp with chili mojo. There are loads of wonderful Asian inspired recipes to try also, but I think IÂll try some others first. I loved the little note from Sharon at the front, signed "Your foodie friend."

Sharon, this was a wonderful package to come home to, you couldnÂt have picked more perfect things and your note said what I know too, we would indeed be friends in "real" life. Until that happens, I am happy to be your cyber friend. Max and I are looking forward to using your gifts often.

Thank you so very much.

Lee

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!