SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

WANTED: Swap Announcement........................

ann_t
16 years ago

The feedback I've received on the last couple of swaps has been in favour of keeping the number of items sent to a minimum. I like the idea of a one item swap, but I know that there are a few of you that will find that difficult. So lets use the same theme as last time - "Your Favourite Things" (Cooking related) but make it optional as to whether you send one, two or a maximum of three items.

The rules are the same as before.

New members are welcome to join in the fun as long as they have been active on the forum for at least three months AND have posted at least 20 times since November 4th, 2007. Most members prefer to send and receive from people that they have come to know. If you don't qualify for this swap, please continue to post so that you can play in the next Swap.

You must commit to spending a minimum of $30.00 on your swap box. This is the minimum. There is no maximum. The cost of Shipping is EXTRA.

Mail your gift box on or before the "Mailing Date" of Friday , March 14th, 2008.

Once the packages have started to arrive please try and participate on some of the follow-up threads.

and

Remember NO CHEATING!!!!!!!!

If you are interested in participating in this swap please post to this thread between now and Sunday, February 10th.

Comments (71)

• Gina_W
    16 years ago

OKAY, I'll find time between {{gwi:1459733}}lessons to shop!

• jimtex
    16 years ago

Ann, I will ship anywhere. I'm feeling some deja vu here.

• Related Discussions

HAVE: 09 spring bulb swap announcement

Q

Comments (1)
    how would you go about doing this I am new and there are some things I would like to get I have a few bulbs but am wondering how to do all this
    ...See More

WANTED: Announcement: Bi-Annual Bulb Swap for Spring 2009

Q

Comments (9)
    Just to let everyone know, the packages were all received by last friday. All bulbs are now swapped out, repackaged, and on their way back to you all as of today. There were 9 total participants, and a wonderful variety of interesting and healthy bulbs to swap! I think everyone got something that they wanted . . . Thank you to everyone on this forum who participated and hopefully you'll be back in the fall for the fall swap of spring-blooming bulbs (daffs, tulips, etc). I usually post the announcement sometime neat the end of August/beginning of September. I'd appreciate it if you could email me to let me know when you've received them back in the mail . . . and if there are any problems of course :) Thanks!
    ...See More

Fall Swap Announcement.............

Q

Comments (142)
    Is it okay to have a company send a package instead of us wrapping and sending it? Something I'm thinking of sending could present problems if I tried to ship it (I don't want to go into detail because I don't want to give too much away) but the company that sells it does mail order. I know it would be more impersonal, and that bothers me, but I don't think I know how to ship this item. Sally
    ...See More

Announcing a Boy block swap

Q

Comments (25)
    Meima Please post to let me know what you would like to do. I need to know how many sets you can do(1 or 2) and what type(s) of vehicle you would like to do. Please e-mail me through my page so I have your e-mail address. Thank you for signing up ladies. I'm excited about this one. As soon as I have Meima's info I'll send out the mass email. Georgia
    ...See More
  • alison
    16 years ago

Forgot to say, I'll ship anywhere as well.

• girlsingardens
    16 years ago

I've missed being in the last few swaps, between bed rest and chasing 3 little monsters. Still have the monsters but am ready to swap:)

Just hoping this box gets to its home better:) Learned more about shipping lol

Stacie

• netla
    16 years ago

I'm in. These swaps are addictive!

Shipping to me is expensive since the USPS stopped offering surface mail, so I do not mind if the 30$ rule isn't obeyed to the letter.

I will ship anywhere.

• livvyandbella
    16 years ago

I-would-love-to-swap-also.
    Barb

• sigh
    16 years ago

Stacie wrote:
    "I've missed being in the last few swaps, between bed rest and chasing 3 little monsters. Still have the monsters but am ready to swap:)"

Uh oh...if Stacie's partner gets a box with breathing holes poked in it I'd be worried ;-).

Forgot to add that I'll ship anywhere, too.

Nina

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Okay, I'll play this time. I did one a long time ago, then things got tight, but now I'm ready to participate again. I'll have to go back and read all about the previous swap to get an idea of what's expected. I'm looking forward to this.

Sally

• msazadi
    16 years ago

I am NOT in but have to wonder...How do you cheat???

Have fun swapping! Maureen

• diana55
    16 years ago

Maureen....cheating is when you find out your partners address...and move in on their spouse. Just kidding!!! LOL No, cheating is when you buy, your Swap partner, more than the three item limit. Like I ever do that :) Diana55

• spacific
    16 years ago

so, I guess I'm supposet to say whether or not I'll ship anywhere... Sure, as long as it's limited to planet Earth.

Ann

• diana55
    16 years ago

ANN......YOU KNOW THAT "I WILL" SHIP ANYWHERE TOO !!! DIANA55

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

Nina..I just had to wipe my screen!!!!!!! LOL

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

Now Diana don't be bad!! You know what happens....

Michelle

• diana55
    16 years ago

MICHELLE..:).....LOL.....DIANA55

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

Well dang! Kathleen is not signed up! Who am I going to tease?

Michelle

• cooperbailey
    16 years ago

I hope to do the next one. I dont think I have posted the requisite number of times. Have fun all, post so we know what kinds of things are good for swap. Sue

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

As much as I'd like to join in the fun, I think I am going to pass this one up.

Have fun, everyone!

Linda

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

i'm debating ann, but will be back before the cut-off date. i love these swaps but stress myself out so bad over them LOL

oh, and i would ship anywhere too and will not (consciously) cheat

maryanne

• diana55
    16 years ago

Michelle....Don't know who you can tease....but you can always pick a "BONE" with me !!! Diana55

Hey Ann...make Michelle my Swap partner, and I can send her these Salt & Pepper shakers !!! LOL

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

I can't tease you Diana! You're a TEASER like me!!

Besides Kathleen is so much fun to tease, it won't be the same without her or Maryanne.

Michelle

• KatieC
    16 years ago

I thought it was getting close to swap time. I'm in!

• rachelellen
    16 years ago

Ann, I won't join in on this one, because I'm fairly new around here and will wait until I know people a bit better. However, I would like to read up on some of the past exchanges so that I can get an idea of how they work and what the results are etc...that way, when I do join in sometime, I won't end up sending someone something completely inappropriate or making some other kind of "fox paw".

However, I cannot find an "exchange" thread? Can you direct me? Thanks, rachelellen

• rachelellen
    16 years ago

OMG, never mind, I found them...right under this topic. Jeepers, sometimes I just want to pinch myself!

• lori316
    16 years ago

Hem...haw....hem...haw

I can't even decide if I am going to play...how the HECK am I going to decide what to send? LOL

I'll check back before Sunday, but I'm probably in.

• jimtex
    16 years ago

Lori, I jumped back in the lake so you can too. I'm going to send some old Slim Whitman 45's and a box of shake and bake. So where are the two Sharons and Ellen, come on girls if I can do it you can!!

• spacific
    16 years ago

Lori,
    Yes! Jump in.

James, Glad you're here. Would that be Slim Whitman yodeling? If so, I'm so glad I signed up. Pick me! Pick me! (just kidding... sort of)

Ann

• diana55
    16 years ago

LOVE YOUR NAME " RACHELELLEN " How nice is that. My daughter is "RACHELLE" I've never seen that name before but I love it !!! Diana55

• lakeguy35
    16 years ago

Okay, I'm in too....just don't make me play ping pong with Gina...it's been 20 years plus for me and that move/shot is scaring me..lol! Oh, and no bones from Diana!

David

• sigh
    16 years ago

Oh good, the skeletons have made an appearance!

Can I be partners with Diana55 again? I promise to pretend it's the first time. I could use some more bones. Amber keeps burying them in the yard (I can only imagine a forensics team digging up that punch bowl set).

Or actually Annie's fence jumping steer might be a useful addition to the household. I have a neighbor that spends most of the day (and night) sitting in his car, facing our house. Might as well give him somthing to look at other than me strolling by the window in my hot pink bathrobe.

Rachelellen- I hope that you decide to play. I was apprehensive for the last swap because I didn't feel like I was a familiar enough presence on the forum. But since the theme is cooking related favorites (your favorites) it's really about how well you know yourself ;-). Unfortunately after the last swap I ended up with a lot more favorites!

Meanwhile, Amber is waiting for the bones to arrive...

• Gina_W
    16 years ago

David, we can play other games...

Odo would like a bone too, while y'all are gathering bones!
    {{gwi:1459746}}

• craftyrn
    16 years ago

I'm away doing respite this week & haven't been checking in much-- darn glad I checked tonight-- I'm in .

And thx Ann for running another one.

• mer4205
    16 years ago

I would love to if you will have me! -maria

• blueiris24
    16 years ago

I'm also still hemming and hawing - will get back to you by Sunday, thanks Ann

• ann_t
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maria, of course we will have you. You are a regular.

Okay, here is the list of participants (so far). If I've missed anyone let me know.

I've tacked Blueiris, Lori and Cooperbailey on as possible participants.

Cooperbailey, I did a quick look and you have been posting for quite a while now and have more than enough posts to qualify. So if you are interested please send me your full name and address along with phone number.

If anyone has moved please make sure I have your new address and phone number.

1. Maggie
    2. Michelle
    3. Shelley
    4. Marigene
    5. Diana
    6. James
    7. Cathy
    8. Donna
    9. Karen

1. Shaun
    2. Teresa
    3. Nina
    4. Ann
    5. Susie Que
    6. Stacy
    7. Lars
    8. Deborah
    9. Terri
    10. Alison
    11. Jessica
    12. Linda P
    13. Gina
    14. Stacie
    15. Netla
    16. Barb
    17. Sally
    18. KatieC
    19. David
    20. Diane
    21. Maria
    22. Ann

And possibly

Lori316
    Cooperbailey
    BlueIris

• diana55
    16 years ago

Oh my .....don't keep those sweet puppies waiting.....give them a treat right now.......and as for David...I'm sending you chicken bones!!! LOL Diana55

• girlsingardens
    16 years ago

I am so excited, we got a new tv set and I think if I poke enough holes in the box, I just might get to fit a monster or two in it with a little food nd water. Will have to to pay extra for priority.....

But I did get a third of my swap box stuff bought tonight and figured out the second part, plus a monster equals 3....

Stacie

Who is just kidding about sending one of the girls, but that depends on the day.

• lori316
    16 years ago

I'm in, please!

• susie_que
    16 years ago

Wow this is turning into one heck of a swap!! Looks like I came out of swap retirement at just the right time.

Lori
    Cooperbailey
    BlueIris

Oh Please come out to play!!! I promise no bones or small children!!

Cheers!
    Susie

PS...Ann, what was the biggest swap so far?? How many played??

• ann_t
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Great Lori. I was hoping that you would decide to play.

Susie, I think it was the fall 2006 swap. We had 61 participants in that one. I don't think that you played that time. We have had numbers in the high 40's and low 50's a few times too.

Ann

• deborah_ps
    16 years ago

Yahoo! I'm listed!!
    I'm extra excited about being able to participate in my first ever swap. Too bad I can't bottle sunshine, you'd all get some today :):)

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

Sign me up! It's a good excuse to go shopping!

Nancy

• ann_t
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Updated list.

I think that the only full name and address I don't have is Barb's (livvyandbella).

If anyone has moved since they last participated please make sure you email me your new address and phone number.

1. Maggie
    2. Michelle
    3. Shelley
    4. Marigene
    5. Diana
    6. James
    7. Cathy
    8. Donna
    9. Karen

1. Shaun
    2. Teresa
    3. Nina
    4. Ann
    5. Susie Que
    6. Stacy
    7. Lars
    8. Deborah
    9. Terri
    10. Alison
    11. Jessica
    12. Linda P
    13. Gina
    14. Stacie
    15. Netla
    16. Barb
    17. Sally
    18. KatieC
    19. David
    20. Diane
    21. Maria
    22. Lori
    23. Nancy
    24. Ann
  • msafirstein
    16 years ago

Lots of new people this time!!!

Maryanne is still considering joining in too.

Michelle

• diana55
    16 years ago

Come on Maryanne....The more the merrier !!!

• blueiris24
    16 years ago

I better pass this time - next time I'll jump back in - have fun!

• ann_t
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry, you aren't playing this time around Blueiris.

Times up.

Ann

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

When I spoke to Maryanne earlier today, she said she just has too many things going on right now and thought it better to sit this swap out.

Michelle

• compumom
    16 years ago

I'll be watching from the sidelines too! I wish I could join in the fun, but I never feel like I have enough time for all the regular stuff, plus I just don't have the shopping bug right now. So everyone have fun and don't cheat! ;-P

• booberry85
    16 years ago

I'll be lurking this time around. I was participating in a couple of seed swaps to get my garden up and running and missed the deadline here!