SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

Psssstt!

dedtired
14 years ago

(Am I the only one who checks in here when there is no swap happening? If you do, too, add a post, but don't tell others and we'll see how many we get. Or will I be here all by myself??)

Comments (67)

• chancesmom
    14 years ago

I was here too!

• shaun
    14 years ago

What's that smell?

• susie_que
    14 years ago

Howdie all.

I love the swaps but sometimes I simply cannot participate either for finacial or time reasons, when I sit out I LOVE to read the threads!!

Seems like the 3 item format works the best but I really miss the swaps where you send items local to your area.
    Here in South Jersey we have an array of wonderful farmers markets with huge assortment of local fare.

I hope this thread drums up lots of interest!!

Cheers!
    Susie

• dedtired
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That would be the smell of 16 sardines so far, Shaun. I'm having fun with this.

I wonder if Ann_T will check in since she is usually our fearless leader for swaps.

Don't spill the beans! -- uh, oh just opened the door for another smelly comment.

• teresa_nc7
    14 years ago

Move over, Pam! I want in!

• riverrat1
    14 years ago

I ended up here because I could smell something fishy going on...shhhhh, mums the word!

• ann_t
    14 years ago

I'm waiting for the right time............soon I hope.

Ann

• jessyf
    14 years ago

What Ann said....reading between the '.....'

• dedtired
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Aha! Ann_T joined the sardines. I agree, Ann, that perhaps this is not the best time for a swap,what with job cutbacks, etc. Maybe we will know the economy is really improving when the next swap is announced.

So far there are 21 of us in here.

• sheshebop
    14 years ago

I too clicked the wrong button. I meant to go to galleries, but I smelled somethng funny, so here I am. Shhhh.
    Shaun, was that you????

• shaun
    14 years ago

haha yeah,it was me.... excuse me.

• goldgirl
    14 years ago

LOL, I just checked for the same reason, although I haven't participated in the last few swaps. The couple I did do were so much fun!

• bri29
    14 years ago

I check in the exchange section every once in a while too, can't wait for the next swap! When the time is right and the financial craziness has abated a bit I'll be here for the next swap!

• lori316
    14 years ago

Hi :)

(ya never know who might show up here...heehee)

• dedtired
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lori! Hi. What a nice surprise. Good to know you are around.

Hi Bri -- my swap buddy.

• blueiris24
    14 years ago

I just checked too in the event I missed a swap.... I agree, money is tight but I was hoping it was better for others so I could live vicariously through the rest of you....;)

• finally
    14 years ago

Ha! Found you all!!!
    I haven't been here in months, but when I do read the forums, I ALWAYS check this part. I've loved participating in the swaps in the past. I was thrilled to see so many familiar names (faces!) in here. :)

~Dolores

• canarybird01
    14 years ago

Hi all....I'm another who accidentally clicked Exchanges. I've not been participating in the last swaps because the postal rates to send from here in this African outpost are beyond reason now, even when sending boxes by camel train! LOL.

So I'm just an observer from now on, but did have fun sending and receiving parcels overseas to and from your part of the world when I did participate.

SharonCb

• Georgysmom
    14 years ago

Never been here before...shows you how bored I am tonight! Why am I not reading a good book? But hey, I'll keep your secret.

• doucanoe
    14 years ago

You guys are funny! I obviously don't check over here often enough! LOL

Linda

• jsweenc
    13 years ago

OK, I've never been here before and I just learned about the swap from another thread I found on a google search for dedtired. So I guess I check in here even when a swap is not happening. : ) Why am I here? As I said, I am searching for dedtired, AKA M-I-C-K-E-Y. Are you one and the same?

If so, starpooh would like a new, fresh link to your finished kitchen if you are willing. If not, would you just send me an email from my page letting me know? Thanks!

So, now I'll try to check back, if someone can clue me in to what the swap is all about. What I read on the other thread was intriguing. I just don't have time to keep up with Kitchens, let alone a whole new forum!

Thanks, and now back to the original question.

• jsweenc
    13 years ago

ps Where is this forum? At the bottom it says "Return to the Cooking Forum" but I didn't see the pretty blue background in Discussions, Gallery or Conversations. Looks like a very secret place and I hit on the jackpot search words!

• dedtired
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good heavens, I can't believe you found me. I used that other name for awhile when Dedtired (the real me) was blocked. Flickr ate my kitchen pics and I have not been able to retrieve them, but I will see what I can do.

Swaps are fun. We all send presents to our secret swap partner. No, the blue background is special just for Exchanges. Conversations is another color. Color-coordinated web site.

• trixietx
    13 years ago

I never click on
    Exchanges, other than during an exchange, but I did tonight.

I have participated in several swaps, but didn't the last one. So I am all fired up for the next one.

• dedtired
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pretty soon we will have to tell everyone else that we are hiding here. I don't know what the consensus is on a swap. Some of us are feeling broke. It's up to the majority opinion. I could do one if the number of items and the minimum amount to spend is not too high.

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

I'm with you, Pam. I like the "only 3 items" swaps where those of us with limited means can participate.

• diana55
    13 years ago

(@@) PEEK-A-BOO..............It's there a Swap party happening, and I wasn't invited ??????? Hmmmmmmm????? Diana55

• dedtired
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, hello Diana. Where ya been girl? No swaps underway. We're all broke.

• Bizzo
    13 years ago

Is it time?

• gbsim1
    13 years ago

Ohhhh.... I'd love to do my first ever swap! Is there a Swap-Master?? :0

Grace

• spacific
    13 years ago

It's fall... many months have passed... anyone still here? Is it time?

Ann

• Terri_PacNW
    13 years ago

I popped in too Ann..thinking the same thing.. ;>)

• KatieC
    13 years ago

Sniff. Sniff. I'd be all for a cheap/easy swap.

• Bizzo
    13 years ago

I check in regularly,and I'm ready, too. Do you think our swap master may need an offer of assistance?

• ann_t
    13 years ago

I think it is getting a little late in the season for a swap.

But, if everything is pleasant and smooth sailing on the forum come the New Year, I'll be very happy to plan another swap.

Ann

• jessyf
    13 years ago

if everything is pleasant and smooth sailing on the forum come the New Year

• Bizzo
    13 years ago

Ah, but maybe a swap would actually help improve the sailing... :-) a bonding opportunity

• dedtired
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just checking in here and nearly bust a gut laughing at Jessy's illustration. Oh yeah -- and the pot has been stirred yet again today.

• ann_t
    13 years ago

Yup, same stirrer, different pot.

Pam, I laughed too when I saw that.

Ann

• caliloo
    13 years ago

LMBO Jessy!!!!!

Unfortunately, Pam, you are right............

Alexa

• jessyf
    13 years ago

Thanks all, chuckle

From AnnT: 'same stirrer'

Singular 'stirrer'? Plural. Mmmm hmmm.

• doucanoe
    13 years ago

I'd be interested in a swap after the holidays. I'll keep checking in.

Linda

• chancesmom
    13 years ago

Giggling over the recent few posts!!

• robinkateb
    13 years ago

Peeking around the forum tonight, tempted to post on many threads. However it was the secret pack of sardines that made me log in and post. (Love the sound of that game, I will have to play it with my boys and a pack of friends soon).

Robin

• riverrat1
    13 years ago

Pee eew e!

Been almost a year since this thread started...just checkin!

• dedtired
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow -- a year and still not everyone has been here. Yeah, we are a bunch of stinky sardines after all this time.

• arabellamiller
    13 years ago

;)

peeking in!

AM

• loves2cook4six
    12 years ago

LOL. ME:)

• coconut_nj
    12 years ago

Wow... I've seen this for a long time and didn't check it out. LOL.. and here I thought I was super nosey! Guess coming here quite a few times recently got the best of me and had to check. So glad Ann got one going, despite so many being unable to participate.

Thanks Jessy! I snagged that flying pig gif, lol. I think it will come in handy at some point, somewhere. Smiles.

• dedtired
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Welcome to all you latecomers. Enjoy the new swap!

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor