SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

WANTED: 2007 Spring Swap - Interested in Participating???

ann_t
17 years ago

If so sign up here. I know how much time everyone needs to shop, so I was thinking if we get started now we could plan on mailing out at the end of February.

The feedback on the last swap was really supportive of a "Three Item" swap. One item per category. The categories we used last time were, Homemade/handmade, Cookbook, and Local.

I was thinking that this time we could have three different categories.

1. Cooking method (Baking, Roasting, Grilling, Braising, etc.)

2. Glass, , Wood, Paper, ceramic, pottery, metal ,Textiles

3. Ethnic Cuisine , lots to choose from here.

There should be enough flexibility in these categories to allow everyone to get creative without cheating.

In order to participate you must be a member of the Cooking forum and have actively participate for at least three months. The minimum is $30.00. Shipping is EXTRA. If you have a problem shipping to Canada or anywhere else outside of the USA please let me know.

Ann

Comments (77)

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I was thinking of leaving the sign-up open until Friday and having a mail out date around March 3rd. It is only three items so if I get the names matched up and the emails out by next Monday that will still give everyone more than 6 weeks.

Come on Robin, you know that you want to. And Jayne, if you don't have time to get something mailed out before you leave, we could probably make a small exception for you to mail out a couple of days late. I hope you both decide to play.

Karen, great idea for some swap shopping while you are all together.

Ann

• wizardnm
    17 years ago

Sign me up....I love the swaps!

Nancy

• Related Discussions

HAVE: Raleigh Spring Swap 2007

Q

Comments (97)
    I am planning on bringing the following to the swap: dwarf red anthurium (1), orchid I am trying to id (1) stella d'oro (2), caryopteris (1 gallon), trycirtis formosana (1 or 2 plants) wholly thyme, star jasmine vine start (if interested let me know and I can bring boat loads, clematis vine (trying to id) any takers on liriope grass?, unknown mums Special trades: crossvine (good size) twin leaf (1) reed stem orchid starts Seedings: polemonium brandegei, amsonia tabernaemontana I am still trying to get a grip on my property, ie moisture, sun etc, but it I know I want lavendar, purple salvia, and other full sun perennials. ~Shari
    ...See More

WANTED: Greensboro/High Point Spring Swap 2007

Q

Comments (4)
    Hi Dawn and Bob, It was so cold at the last one, but I don't think that'll be a problem this go round, hehehe! Look forward to seeing you all again. My violets are still alive (my 1st experience with them) and one of them even bloomed this winter! Squirrel, yes we will be posting special trades and have/want list. I'll start one (or someone else is welcome to) as quick as I verify our reservation. Hope you can make it.
    ...See More

have: list for 2007 mag spring swap

Q

Comments (145)
    Christine, if Zee's tulip poplar doesn't make it (and Suja decides to stay where she is instead of moving closer in), there is a source in Bowie as well. I got one last fall that did well after transplant but didn't make it through the winter. The person I got them from has many more seedlings/saplings, and I'm sure we could go get one if we ask. You can come dig my spirea (and some hosta) whenever you like. There is a big spirea that has your name on it now. (Sigh of relief!) I'll bring some parts of smaller ones to the swap though, in case anyone else wants some. And I'll try to remember the fork, but if I forget it you can have it when you come get the spirea..oh, wait, maybe I should hold the fork hostage, and you can use it to dig up the spirea.. =) Lynne
    ...See More

WANTED: Spring Swap 2007

Q

Comments (22)
    I will not be able to attend as I have relatives visiting. I would love to arrange before or after swaps. Have mostly shade thriving stuff. My trade list is only partial. Lots of other native woodland stuff I think. Just learning names. If you know what you are looking for I could look up the name and then tell you if I have it or email pic or you could come for a look and help me identify.
    ...See More
  • earthlydelights
    17 years ago

ann, please count me in. i sent you an email with my name and address.

thanks,
    maryanne

• kent4489
    17 years ago

Thanks Ann, I would definitely mail in time (it would drive me crazy to be late!). I would just feel bad for the person sending to me if I couldn't post as soon as my package arrived. I'll give it a little more thought.

(Thanks Karen, that was sweet of you! BTW, I just read about your Fais-Do-Do...sounds like fun.)

• lakeguy35
    17 years ago

I'm in too! Just can't say no...where is Nancy Reagon when you need her..LOL...remember that phrase from the eighties??? DM applied it to men! I'm cool with late postings and or mailings...life happens..... or gets in the way...I thought that was the best four letter word to use. LOL!

David

• diana55
    17 years ago

I was getting worried that you weren't going to join us David. Glad to see your in it again. Someone is going to be lucky, when they get you for a partner!!! [I was]!!! I will be more prepared for this one. It's my second swap and I learned my lessons from the first one. Diana55

• goldgirl
    17 years ago

A little lateness wouldn't bother me either. I actually like the anticipation :)

• paulines
    17 years ago

Oh what the heck...Ann please include me!

• Bizzo
    17 years ago

Oh! I wish I could this time. I was just thinking of another swap, and how much I have enjoyed the ones I have participated in. But, job market the way it is, financial uncertainty blanketing us, I'm going to have to postpone my pleasure! I can't wait to see the pics once the swap items start coming in. (and I do love these more contained, three items with a theme, swaps!) Hopefully I'll be back in the game this summer :)

• susie_que
    17 years ago

Its very tempting to me but I think I'll take a pass this go round as I've just recently returned to posting on a daily basis.
    I'll be sure to join up for the next swap maybe early summertime??

In the meantime I'll offer my services as a spy/advisor if anyone gets stuck and needs info-give me a yell!!

Cheers!
    Susie

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I'm going to have to pass on this one, too - I've just got too many other things tugging at my pocketbook right now. I'm going to enjoy this one vicariously. Hope y'all have lots of fun.

Sally

• jessyf
    17 years ago

Oh goodie Susie that job is all yours! Enjoy!

• shaun
    17 years ago

I'm playing!!!

• ksreedevi
    17 years ago

Count me in too please.

• robinkateb
    17 years ago

Okay, i am not going to take part either. Timing is a little off for me. Maybe I will buy myself a new kitchen toy instead :-)

I can be a swap spy/advisor as well. Especially on Saturdays, when I have more computer time. Have fun, I will be watching!!

-Robin

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Susie, You might want to play because I doubt anyone is going to need much help in spying this time. Most of the participants are regulars so it should be easy to find three items for their partners.

Updated list

1. Terri
    2. May
    3. Linda
    4. Tricia
    5. Teresa
    6. Phyllis
    7. Diana55
    8. Sue (Goldgirl)
    9. Jessica

1. Cathy
    2. Arabella
    3. Diane
    4. Catherine
    5. Adele
    6. Katie
    7. Michelle (Msafirstein)
    8. Alison
    9. Lori
    10. Stacie (girlsingardens)
    11. Karen
    12. Nancy
    13. Maryanne (earthlydelights)
    14. David
    15. Pauline
    16. Shaun
    17. Ann
  • annie1992
    17 years ago

I'm still catching up from Christmas, so I'm going to have to pass on this too, but I'll live vicariously, watching what everyone else is doing.

I love the swaps, even the ones I'm not in!

Annie

• stacy3
    17 years ago

It's Thursday afternoon and as much as it pains me, I'm going to have to bow out also. It kind of seems so close to our just sending out our cookies...:-)

I need a bit of down time for a few weeks without anything extra to worry about and lordy, do I worry about these swaps (ooooh but they are fun!)

Stacy

• msprettyky
    17 years ago

I am kinda new to these swaps and I hate to admit it but I dont understand what it is exactly we would be swapping. I really enjoyed the cookie swap and would love to participate more. Could someone please explain to me a little more of the kind of items we are looking for. I would love to play (if allowed), but will confess to being a little slow whitted at times! LOL! Thanks in advance!

Brenda

• Gina_W
    17 years ago

Ann you can just assume I'm in any swap unless I'm dead!

• andi_2006
    17 years ago

I'm in.....................looking forward to it!

• robinkateb
    17 years ago

Brenda, For a better idea of what is being swapped check out some of the threads from the previous one. They are the ones from before the cookie exchange on the exchange side. The 3 categories last time were, Homemade/Handmade, Local, cookbook

-Robin

• momto4kids
    17 years ago

Oh, I hate to be a party pooper, but I think I'm sitting this one out, too. Now that the "Cabinet Creeps" are out of my house (Yay! The study is finally finished...well, the cabinetry is!), I need to get my life organized again. I will be checking in, though, to see the results!!

• granjan
    17 years ago

I'm in. I thought I posted here but it seems to have disappeared! Thanks for the notice.! Janet

• lsr2002
    17 years ago

I'm going to pass this time. I love the categories, like the item limit and was excited to add my name to the list. Then reality hit this morning as I remembered all the year end reports that are due this month and all the tax prep I have to do before the March 15 tax filing deadline for corporations.

I'll be watching from the side.

Have fun everyone.

Lee

• blueiris24
    17 years ago

Ann, I didn't see my name on the list and was planning to participate - but now that I've given it some more thought, I better pass as well -- holiday bills are still rolling in! I'll be interested to see what people receive.

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry, Blueiris, I didn't mean to leave your name off the list. Are you sure you don't want me to add you?

Ann

• caflowerluver
    17 years ago

"member of the Cooking forum and have actively participate for at least three months" Does that mean 3 months posting on the Cooking Forum only or 3 months on any forum? I just discovered this forum recently via the Cookware Forum via the Kitchen Forum. But I have been on the Gardenweb Forums since "First registered on May 8, 2004",. Actually I go further back then that but changed my handle so changed the date, I think.

And where do you find a posting explaining the rules? You can read all the old posts but 1)that takes a lot of time and 2)doesn't really explain "offically" the rules. Is there a place that has the official rules?
    Thanks.
    Clare

• blueiris24
    17 years ago

No, Ann, that's ok, don't worry about it -- I better pass this time around - I'll be up for the next swap --

• triciae
    17 years ago

Ann, I'm going to have to be removed from the swap. My piano lessons are taking a lot of my time & extra dollars as well right now. I hadn't planned on this second teacher. Maybe, by the next one I'll have myself a bit better organized. I'm sure looking forward to seeing all the goodies though.

Tricia

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Clare, it is three months on the Cooking forum. Three months gives everyone a chance to get to know new members and vice versa. We put this condition into effect because we had lurkers signing up to participate in a swap. In some cases the new member had been lurking for a couple of years and felt like they knew everyone. The problem was that no one knew them. Most members are more comfortable sending to people that they have come to know.

Tricia, I'm sorry you won't be playing this time, but I read your other thread and I can see how you might be busy the next little while.

Ann

• kent4489
    17 years ago

I'll have to pass this time too. I really like the 3 category format and would love to participate. Hopefully next time. I'll look forward to watching the fun.

• dlundin
    17 years ago

Why the heck not? Count me in!

• compumom
    17 years ago

My post disappeared too! I'm not able to play either. There's already more than enough stress on my plate for the next few months, I just can't add anything else. I'll have fun watching everyone else and enjoying vicariously!

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here is the list of participants. I'm still waiting to hear back from Brenda so there could be one more.

1. Terri
    2. May
    3. Linda
    4. Teresa
    5. Phyllis
    6. Diana55
    7. Sue (Goldgirl)
    8. Jessica
    9. Cathy

1. Arabella
    2. Diane
    3. Catherine
    4. Adele
    5. Katie
    6. Michelle (Msafirstein)
    7. Alison
    8. Lori
    9. Stacie (girlsingardens)
    10. Karen
    11. Nancy
    12. Maryanne (earthlydelights)
    13. David
    14. Pauline
    15. Shaun
    16. Gina
    17. Andi
    18. Janet (Granjan)
    19. Diana
    20. Ann
  • msprettyky
    17 years ago

Yes I wanna play! Add me to the list!

Thanks everyone! :)

Brenda

• lori316
    17 years ago

Well, I thought I'd come here last night and sign up, but I just never made it. Late as usual, but I wanted to say have fun to all participants!

Ann, as usual, great job organizing!

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lori, It isn't too late for you to join. I won't get started until a little later today on matching partners.

Brenda, thanks for the email. Please send me your full name and address.

Ann

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I've heard from Lori, so I've added her name to the list. Just in case there are some members that only get on the forum on the weekend, I'll leave this open until Sunday night. I know that everyone gets anxious waiting for their partners name, but you will have to be patient for a couple of more days.

Ann

• finally
    17 years ago

I'm torn! I haven't been around much lately--not even in the background. I went from doing contract work back to working full time (for the first time since forever it seems!) There are a lot of new-er names to me, so I might seem like a stranger to them.

I do love swaps though! Ann, let me know what you think.

~finally

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Dolores, most of the members that have signed up are regulars and most will know you. And there are a number of threads that you have posted to still available if anyone does a search. So I definitely think that you should participate.

Ann

• finally
    17 years ago

Count me in then! I can always find time for shopping!

;)

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Update

1. Terri
    2. May
    3. Linda
    4. Teresa
    5. Phyllis
    6. Diana55
    7. Sue (Goldgirl)
    8. Jessica
    9. Cathy

1. Arabella
    2. Diane
    3. Catherine
    4. Adele
    5. Katie
    7. Alison
    8. Lori
    10. Karen
    11. Nancy
    13. David
    14. Pauline
    15. Shaun
    16. Gina
    17. Andi
    18. Janet (Granjan)
    19. Diana
    20. Lori(316)
    21. Brenda (Msprettyky)
    22. Dolores (Finally)
    23. Ann
  • mer4205
    17 years ago

I would have to sit this one out...I have a bathroom project starting in the next two weeks so it will be a jumble around here...I will have to wait until the next one. I did really enjoy the last one, thanks again Anne for your wonderful coordinating! -maria

• chancesmom
    17 years ago

OK....I have agonized enough.....count me in. Some one may get goodies from a Disney store, but I can commit to the timelines!!!!

Janet

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Updated

1. Terri
    2. May
    3. Linda
    4. Teresa
    5. Phyllis
    6. Diana55
    7. Sue (Goldgirl)
    8. Jessica
    9. Cathy

1. Arabella
    2. Diane
    3. Catherine
    4. Adele
    5. Katie
    7. Alison
    8. Lori
    10. Karen
    11. Nancy
    13. David
    14. Pauline
    15. Shaun
    16. Gina
    17. Andi
    18. Janet (Granjan)
    19. Diana
    20. Lori(316)
    21. Brenda (Msprettyky)
    22. Dolores (Finally)
    23. Janet (Chancesmom)
    24. Ann
  • debbie814
    17 years ago

I'll be watching from the sidelines this time, and it will be killing me as I am not usually a party pooper! My job is really crazy during the first quarter of the year, and we are repainting several rooms in our house. I'm excited for all that are participating!

• RuddMD
    17 years ago

This looks like so much fun. I'm going to have to pass too. Our lives are still crazy around here.

I'll watch from the sidelines.

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I worked tonight on matching up partners. We will be out tomorrow for most of the morning, but I will try and get all the emails sent out by tomorrow late afternoon early evening (Pacific Time).

If anyone has moved in the last few months, please make sure I have your current mailing address.

Thanks,

Ann

• dedtired
    17 years ago

I am going to have to pass this time. I know I will be sorry for that decision because I loved the boxes I have received as well as the fun of shopping. Right now I need to use my shopping time for other things. I will definitely be back in again in the future. Have fun and TAKE PICTURES.