Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Swap #18 - 2013 Swap Details

Posted by ann_t (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 4, 13 at 9:44

So far we have about nine for sure and three possible participants for a swap.

Deadline for signing up for the swap is Monday January 7th, 2013. I'm off work Monday so I'll get the names matched up and the emails out with your partner's name.

The Swap is a maxium "Three Item Swap" with a "Winter" theme. Lots of ways you can interpret this theme, including tying it in to Valentine's Day.

Your swap box should contain ONE to THREE items and should be Cooking related.

If you are new to swapping, check out some of the previous swap threads.

Shelley's Gift to Cathy

James Gift to Nancy

My gift to Karen

Gina's Gift from Diana55

Also, please email me with your full name, mailing address and phone number.

My Email Address is thibeault (AT) shaw (DOT) ca

Same basic rules as in the past (17) Swaps.

New members are welcome to join in the fun as long as they have been active on the Cooking forum for at least two months AND have posted at least 15 times since November 1st, 2011. The reason for this rule is that most members prefer to send and receive from people that they have come to know. If you don't qualify for this swap, please continue to post so that you can play in the next Swap.

You must commit to spending a minimum of $30.00 on your swap box. This is the minimum. There is no maximum.

The cost of Shipping is EXTRA.

Try and mail your gift box on or before the "Mailing Date" - February 14th, 2013.

Most of our participants live in the US. Usually there are one or two from Canada and occasionally from other countries. Please email me if you have a problem shipping outside of your own country. Unless I hear otherwise I will assume that no one has a problem.

Once the packages have started to arrive please try and participate on some of the follow-up threads.

and

Remember this is a secret swap. You won't know who you are receiving from until your swap box arrives. NO CHEATING!!!!!!!!

This post was edited by ann_t on Fri, Jan 4, 13 at 21:42

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Swap #18 - List of Participants

So far we have:

Sharon
Bumblebeez
Nancy
Silvia (Whgille)
Mabeldingeldine
Coconut
Jessica
Party-Music
Ann

John - Maybe
Annie - Maybe
Alexa - Maybe

o
RE: WANTED: Swap #18 - 2013 Swap Details

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding, Ann_t, but I haven't signed up -- I wanted to see the rules before deciding! I'll think about it...

o

Ann - I am sorry but I don't qualify for this swap because of rule #1. I will continue to post in the future to be able to qualify for the next one...

Silvia

o

Silvia, you have posted quite a bit, more than 20 times since you started posting to the CF in October. So you can participate if you would like to.

~Ann

o

It has been suggested by a couple of regular swap participants that because we have a number of new participants on the Cooking Forum, that we relax the three month rule to two months.

Ann

o

Cool, I will do it.

o

It seems like once there was a thread on everyone's likes and dislikes, colors, etc. and that would be helpful this time too.

o

Please, don't go to any trouble. I like pre-TAG Heuers, Breitlings, and Girard-Perregaux, but a lil' ol' Rolex will do.

I am trying to lose weight, so while sweets will be welcomed, I'd have to beat myself like a house-elf.

Old stuff is cool.

o

I would love to participate.

o

Ann, after giving this more thought I'm going to withdraw from this swap but will be joining in on the dinner.

We will be in Florida for February and the logistics of shopping, mailing and receiving will be challenging. Next time for sure!

o

I haven't been able to participate in a swap for ages, so I'm in! Will have to pass on the dinner, however.

o

I answered on the thread in Conversations but I wanted you to know here in Exchanges that I'm in for the swap and a maybe for the virual dinner. Can't wait!!

o

Ann - I am looking forward to participate in the swap and hopefully I can do the dinner too.

Silvia

o

I am looking forward to my first swap!

Mabel

o

List of Participants - So far

Bumblebeez
Nancy
Silvia (Whgille)
Mabeldingeldine
Coconut
Jessica
John
Karen
Olychick
Sue
Ann

o

I'm in for the swap.

Thanks Ann for all the work that you put into these swaps.

Cathy/Mustangs

o

This sounds fun! I am in - a winter themed swap is certainly appropriate to central Maine right now.

o

This sounds fun! I am in - a winter themed swap is certainly appropriate to central Maine right now.

o

Sorry, but I am crushed schedule wise between now and the end of Feb.... no swapping for me! But I will participate in the dinner if at all possible.

Have fun everyone!

Alexa

o

OK, count me in. The swaps make me obsess over what I send and whether the recipient will like it or use it. My normal theme is "stuff in a box", LOL, so maybe I can at least tie three items together into a Winter theme of some type....

I assume that a set is still considered one item, as in past swaps? A set of glasses or soupbowls or a set of napkins/matching tablecloth, or dishtowels and potholders in the same pattern, all considered one item?

Annie

This post was edited by annie1992 on Sun, Jan 6, 13 at 20:03

o

Cathy, I'm happy that you are going to play again. You to Annie.

Agmss, Please send me your full name and address.

Annie as long as it comes as a set, it is considered one item.

Ann

o

Bumblebeez
Nancy
Silvia (Whgille)
Mabeldingeldine
Coconut
Jessica
John
Karen
Olychick
Sue
Cathy
Annie
Agmss
Ann

o

The winter theme will really challenge my imagination...it's in the low 80's here all week. LOL

o

Cathy, No reason why you can't plan your gift box around a "Florida Winter".

~Ann

o

Sounds like you fun but I am afraid I may nit meeit the minimum number of posts

o

Mustangs, I wish you could send the Florida winter to me in a box!

I'm looking forward to this :-)

o

I knew something was calling me to check CF, lol. Count me in.

o

Hey Katie, I was thinking of emailing you today, just in case you hadn't notice we were having a swap.

I'm assuming your address hasn't changed?

~Ann

o

I would love to join in the swap and the dinner.
I have not done a swap before but I browse regularly and post occasionally. I used to post under a different name until a couple of months ago.

Lalitha

o

Lalitha, In order to participate in this swap you need to have been an active participant on the CF since November 1st, 2012 and have posted a number of times. You have only been a member since Decemer 10th, 2012 under the name of GWlolo. Email me and let me know what other name we might know you by.

Ann

o

Anne, did you get my email? Just checking.

o

Lalitha, I received your email and I've added your name to the list.

Please send me your full name and address.

Thanks

Ann

o

Ann, I think I lost my head about participating in this! What was I thinking? I don't want any more stuff, as great as it might be, and have asked friends and family to not buy me anything for gifts, so why would I do this? I guess because it sounds so fun, kinda like Santa finding you through cyberspace. If it's not too late, please take me off the list and I'll enjoy vicariously (as I have in reading about previous swaps) everyone else's bounty.

If it's too late and you've paired me, or need an even # of people, I'll still do it (with enthusiasm).

Thank you!

o

Bumblebeez, Yes, I did get your email. Thanks ~Ann

o

OMG...I'm so excited ;-)! Still unsure about the virtual dinner but a swapping we will go!

o

The final list looks like this:

Bumblebeez
Nancy
Silvia (Whgille)
Mabeldingeldine
Coconut
Jessica
John
Karen
Sue
Cathy
Annie
Katie
Lalitha
Eileen
Ann
Agmss

This post was edited by ann_t on Fri, Jan 18, 13 at 22:11

o

Ann, thanks for thinking of me. I thought about passing, but, geez...there are certain traditions to uphold, hehe.

Yes, everything is the same.

o

Okay, everyone should have received an email with the name of their swap partner.

Have fun!!

~Ann

o

Whoo Hoo!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here