SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

Lee is in the Hospital...............

ann_t
15 years ago

Lee went into the hospital early this morning to have some tests done on her heart. Unfortunately the test results were not good and she needs to have surgery immediately on a valve and her coronary arteries. They are keeping Lee overnight and she will have surgery in the morning.

I know that all of Lee's forum friends will want to join forces in sending her your prayers and good thoughts to get her through this.

I will be keeping in touch with Max and will give you an update when I have one.

Reaching out my hand to..........

Comments (126)

• woodie
    15 years ago

Hi Lee, I've been reading and looking for updates - hope you get taken care of just as soon as possible. Poor Max, must be so lonely at home.

• partst
    15 years ago

I just checked in and saw this for the first time. I was sure that by the time I got to the last post surgery would be over and you were on the healing end of it. Sorry they had to postpone. I had that happen and the waiting was worse than the surgery. Hang in there and it will be over soon and you will be home for Christmas and start the New Year feeling much better. Wishing the best for you and sending healing thoughts your way.

Claudia

• wizardnm
    15 years ago

I came looking for an update, Lee, I'm sorry that it was postponed, I'm sure the waiting was/has been hard. Better to get on with it...but things do happen to other's also.

Hoping and praying all is going well.

Nancy

• Gina_W
    15 years ago

Checking in. I hope you're able to nap quietly. Looks like you have internet access there? Let us know - I'll post my favorite funny youTube videos for you to recuperate with.

• chase_gw
    15 years ago

Oh Lee that must be so stressful. Thanks for letting us know that was very thoughtful of you given what you are going through. Now you just stay focused on you and the positive and hopefully this will soon be behind you.

• hiltonc
    15 years ago

Lee, sorry to hear about the delay, I know how anxious this must be for you and your family.

Will continue to send best wishes for you and a speedy recovery.

Cynthia

• Adnama
    15 years ago

I'm a sporadic poster, but I'll be consistently sending my warmest wishes your way.

Best,

Amanda

• susie_que
    15 years ago

Its 6 pm east coast time and no word yet tells me Lee is either done or resting.

Still praying for ya Lee!!
    I will check in later.

PEACE!
    Susie

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

Well crud Lee, sounds like you are at Raymond's hospital. I hope things went smoother this afternoon. We look forward to a good report.

Strength to you Max. Take care of our girl.

Cathy

• lindac
    15 years ago

What a bummer!!!!
    Ok....revving up the prayers again...

• lsr2002
    15 years ago

Delayed until tomorrow morning - argh. It is very stressful!
    Like Karen - two days without food. The let me have ice chips at 4:00 and just a little while ago they decided they surgery cannot be done today so I can have liquids until 11:00 PM.

Gina, I would love the utube links. I don't know if I will have internet access for the two or three days in ICU, but the rest of the rooms have wifi. I will be here about five days after ICU.

Ann, Max will call you when he gets an update and when it is over. I'm supposed to go down at 6:30 with the surgery starting at 8:00, but you can never be sure.

It really helps to come here and feel your continuing support.

Thank you all, Lee

• denise8101214
    15 years ago

Oh dear! Sorry about the delay!

Here's a YouTube link we love:

Here is a link that might be useful: 50 jokes in 4 minutes

• petaloid
    15 years ago

I feel sure that all will go well tomorrow. My thoughts are with you!

• labmom
    15 years ago

So sorry about the delay - but good thoughts and prayers until you're on the mend!

Strength to all of you.
    Suzanne

• annie1992
    15 years ago

Well darn it, I was hoping to check in and find that all went well and that you were doing fine. Crud, I sorry you have to wait.

I'll keep sending up prayers and good healing thoughts, and I'll have you and your family on my mind tomorrow morning.

Annie

• susie_que
    15 years ago

D@mn!! LOL

Well its probably best the surgeon gets a good night sleep!!
    Now I will be up tomorrow bright and early to start the prayer chain.

Lee, Max and the fam...get a good nights sleep as well!

PEACE!
    Susie

• goldgirl
    15 years ago

Thinking of you Lee - I know all will be well :)

Sue

• daylilydayzed
    15 years ago

Prayers going out from Lakeland FL for you Lee, that the surgery will be successful and you will recover fully.

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

Ohhhhh...the waiting is the hardest part sometimes. It's the anticipation and more time to worry. Lee, close your eyes, turn off your mind and go to your happy place.....waiting there for you is Hugh Jackman....with a bottle of wine.....we ordered him especially for you....a little diversion......

Nighty nite.....sleep tight......(((hugs)))

• BeverlyAL
    15 years ago

Oh man, this is unbelievable! I'm so sorry you have had to wait and with no food it's even worse. Maybe it just gives us more time for prayers which may be a good thing. I'm thinking of you Lee. Hang in there because it's going to be good when it happens.

• centralcacyclist
    15 years ago

Oh darn! More waiting and no food, too. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts tomorrow. I'll be on the road sans laptop all day so won't check in until tomorrow evening.

Hugs. Eileen

• coconut_nj
    15 years ago

I'm very sorry to hear you're going through this but glad you have so very much support. I will surely help. Posponements suck. I had two a long time ago. The only good part was getting drugged up to go down to surgery. It took some of the sting/apprehension out of the postponing. I hope it goes very smoothly tomorrow morning. As everyone said, they do so much of these today. My pops had a quadruple quite a number of years ago. Although he is no longer with us, it was not because of his heart. He healed wonderfully.

• compumom
    15 years ago

Carp! Sorry to hear of the delay, but agreeing with the concept of more time for good wishes. My dad had a mitrovalve replaced about 10 years ago and his ticker is still going strong. I'm sure you'll do well and be a model patient! :-)

• chancesmom
    15 years ago

So very sorry to hear this crappy news. I have been out of touch for a bit and just read thru all the problems you are having. Lots of prayers and healing vibes to you today.

janet

• caliloo
    15 years ago

I'm so sorry for the delay :-(

I hope today goes smoothly and there is good new to read when I check in later. Praying for wisdom for your surgeon and strength to you and Max.

Alexa

• Bizzo
    15 years ago

Praying for you and your doctors this morning!

• pkramer60
    15 years ago

Lee, I have you in my thoughts today.

• woodie
    15 years ago

Hi Lee - hoping to hear some good news when I get home later this afternoon! I'm sorry that you had to wait, but I still don't think that gives Teresa the right to turn over Hugh Jackman to you. What were you thinking, Teresa?????? Everybody knows he's MINE.

• sally2_gw
    15 years ago

Lee, I hope when you read this you'll be out of surgery. I'm guessing you're getting ready for it now or already in surgery. Anyway, all my best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Sally

• riverrat1
    15 years ago

Thinking of you!

Karen

• lindac
    15 years ago

Me too.....and hoping it's a go this morning....I even hope it's a "done" this morning...should be after 11 by nowwhere you are.
    Waiting to hear that all went tickety-boo and the damage was easy to fix.
    Linda C

• KatieC
    15 years ago

I hope you're on your way to a full recovery, Lee. Sending all good thoughts to you and yours.

• annie1992
    15 years ago

Just checking in, I kind of figured it was too early for news. Thoughts and prayers are coming from Michigan.

Annie

• dlynn2
    15 years ago

Lee, you should feel honored. I can't remember anyone ever getting this many posts to a "non-controversial" subject this quickly! We'll need to start a new thread soon. Hope everything is going well.

Hey Linda, you are going the wrong direction with the time difference --we are behind you, not ahead of you. It's 9:02 right now.

• obxgina
    15 years ago

Good Morning Lee, thinking of you this morning and hoping all is going well! Gina

• ghoghunter
    15 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you Lee...what a bummer you had to wait!!
    Joann

• happygram
    15 years ago

My prayers are with you for a speedy and complete recovery.

• maggie2094
    15 years ago

Thinking of you. Hugs.

• triciae
    15 years ago

It's 2:15 p.m. Just checking in....

Prayers are with you!

/tricia

• ann_t
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Update:

Lee is still in surgery and will be probably for the next 4 to 5 hours. I'll get back to you all as soon as I know more.

Ann

• Gina_W
    15 years ago

Thank you Ann.

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

Ann, thanks for keeping us in the loop.

I'm sure all will go well,
    Cathy

• charlp
    15 years ago

Hi ... am assuming that Max will call again tonight or after he talks again with the surgeon ..I will check later to see if he has posted if not I will........ there is a bounty of energy and prayer here...... what a wonderful world we live in .........charlotte

• riverrat1
    15 years ago

Hi Charlotte, I'm sure you are very worried for your friend... Just alot of recuperation ahead for Lee. I've been thinking of you too!

• charlp
    15 years ago

Hi all,,, she is out... and alright......... it is now recovery.spoke just now with my brotherinlaw about anesthia implications and he assured me that it is not as it used to be and that now they are better than we are at our own breathing so it is just recovery .......will talk to Max in the am again......for now peace to all...charlotte

• coconut_nj
    15 years ago

Goodnight Charlotte. I hope you can get some good rest now yourself.

• charlp
    15 years ago

talked to Max early and just now.they took the breathing tube out about 10 min ago..and she is doing well.quote from doctors surgeon and cardiologist.....so it is now all recovery...they will keep her in ICU for at least an other 24 hrs..... hopefully it will be Lee you hear from next.......charlotte

• annie1992
    15 years ago

Charlotte, thanks so much for keeping us informed, I'm leaving for the weekend and wouldn't be able to check in until sunday or Monday, so I'm happy I can just keep prayers for a fast and complete recovery for Lee.

Annie

• triciae
    15 years ago

Thank you, Charlotte.

Lee & Max, I'm so glad this part is behind you both. Now, on to recovery and many healthy years.

Prayers & thoughts are with you both.

/tricia

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County