Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great Resource for Volunteers

Posted by saraemmasmom (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 29, 10 at 9:17

Unfortunately, a mom of my DD's 10 yr old classmate has been diagnosed with breast cancer & will be undergoing major surgery next week.

I got an email this morning organizing meals for the family over the next month and they were using a free website called 'Volunteerspot'. What a wonderful site! It was started by a mom to help organize all kinds of volunteer activities (PTA, Girl Scouts, Church functions, etc.) I have NO affiliation with this website but I have to say it made it sooo easy to sign up and have one central place for information. Wish we knew about this last year when another mom was hospitalized suddenly and passed away. It would have made coordination of help so much easier!

Again, I have no affiliation, just thought I'd pass along...
Dale

Here is a link that might be useful: Volunteerspot

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great Resource for Volunteers

dropping this down......

o

Thanks for posting this link. You never know when you may need this kind of help. Great resource.

o

I believe there's also another resource called Care Calendar where you can organize a help schedule.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here