SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spacific_gw

Random Acts of Kindness and Polite Strangers

spacific
13 years ago

From time to time someone starts a thread about how poorly they were treated or how common courtesies have gone by the wayside. I don't typically respond to them, mainly because I like to dwell on the positive, but today, in just a few minutes, the following happened:

1 - As I was turning in to a gas station, I stopped to let a homeless women continue along the sidewalk to cross the drive before I made my turn. She smiled and motioned me, then I smiled back and motioned, "no, you first..." and we played that polite "you-first" dance a time or two.

Then...

2 - I pulled behind a pickup truck where the driver had just gotten out to start pumping gas. He noticed that the driver in front of him was just finishing, so he motioned to me to wait a moment. He got back in his truck and pulled forward to that pump so I wouldn't have to wait.

When I finished filling my tank...

3 - I drove out onto the side street and was behind a car waiting to make my right turn (he was turning left). He saw me in the rear view mirror, and scooted forward to make room for me to make my turn. I waved thanks and drove off.

One short series of events, one really good-feeling day. And when I thought about it, these moments happen way more often than those showing a lack of courtesy.

Just thought I'd share it.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus