SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

A whole weekend, no phone and no internet!

caflowerluver
11 years ago

What really got to me was no phone. We don't have cell phone reception up here in the mountains. I felt very vulnerable without being able to call for help in case of an emergency. I fell 3 years ago and broke my hip. If something like that had happened over the weekend, DH would have had to drive 5 miles to get cell phone service to call an ambulance. No close neighbors either, we are all on acreage so houses are far apart. Turned out to be a broken wire in the main box, not our box. It is something their repair man did when fixing something else. It has happened more than once this year. I guess the equipment, which goes back to the 60's, is getting old.

My son went through internet withdrawal. Not a pretty sight. I did miss checking in on the Cooking Forum and not being able to look things up. It is amazing how dependent we have become on computers and the internet. I spent most of my life without it, though I was one of the first to start using the internet 20 years ago. Computers were a part of my job since 1978 along with dial up modems and services like Dialog. At least I got a lot done around the house without the distraction of the internet. DH calls it "The Black Hole" because it sucks both my son and me into it and we never get out. LOL

Clare

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County