SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jyl_gw

Losing Weight? Healthy Weight?

John Liu
13 years ago

I am interested in thoughts, experiences, advice, musings on the topic of losing weight and appropriate weight .

We can talk about it with a cooking/food twist - do you cook differently when you're trying to lose weight, eat differently, favor or avoid certain foods or cuisines, take a different approach to portion control? Or it can be a general discussion - exercise programs, scales and monitors, websites and support programs, setting sensible goals, how realistic are BMI charts, what's a healthy weight anyway? Information on biology would be interesting - is there a natural weight gain that we should expect to enjoy as we move gracefully from our 30's to our 50's and beyond?

No need to disclose poundages if you don't want to. As far as I am concerned, everyone here is beautiful as they are.

The context, for me at least, is that after coming down 20 lb in 2010 year to date, I have another 20 lb to my goal. That goal works out to be about 13 lb heavier than I was 20 years ago. Not sure why everything is coming up ''20'' but I don't have 20/20 insight into this topic either.

I wanted to start this conversation because I noticed that, in the table linked below from the, my ''recommended weight'' (which is 20% lower than the weights shown) is 10 lbs lighter than I was at at 28 y/o at

Here is a link that might be useful: ''Are You At Risk'' Table

Comments (103)