SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

I'm hoping it stops at three

sally2_gw
11 years ago

Not to bring a downer to the forum or the holiday week, but I have three people in my life that are seriously ill, and I'd appreciate it if the forum would pool your forces of thoughts and prayers for them.

My husband's cousin, Debbie, had surgery over a week ago to remove part of her colon. There were complications, she couldn't keep food down, and now they are taking her gall bladder out. They just can't seem to figure out what's wrong with her. She's still in the hospital.

Another of my husband's cousin's wife is in very serious condition after a double mastectomy. She developed an infection, one of those super bacteria, and the antibiotics they used have damaged her kidneys, which have shut down. Now she's having to go on dialysis. She's been in the hospital for several days, now, with no end in site. Her name is Michelle. They have two small daughters.

Finally, a friend and coworker of mine has just been diagnosed with cancer that's in her lungs and brain. She's in the hospital undergoing tests. As of yesterday, she didn't know what kind of cancer, yet, but logic says it's lung cancer. She's a longtime smoker, and has worked in a smoke filled environment for most of her adult life. (A different job than where I work, and she does part time.) Her name is Candy.

As you give thanks, please remember that there are people out there hurting, not just my friends and family, but all over.

Thanks,

Sally

Comments (33)