SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Can you spare a prayer for my Cousin, Becky?

annie1992
12 years ago

Becky and I went to school together, graduated in the same class, I was her Maid of honor in her wedding. Dad used to laughingly call her "The Mouth", because she always knew who in the family was doing what and when. she's still married to Harlan, they married in 1974, and they are inseparable, they are the funniest couple I know, everyone gets a big hoot out of them.

Becky had hernia surgery, more than once. One of the times they used that mesh that's been recalled and then she had to have it removed. So, she went into the hospital last week for her latest hernia surgery. The doctor came out, said everything went well, she'd be in recovery. A short time later he came back out and said there were some complications. She's been put on a ventilator and a medically induced coma. She's restrained and non responsive, but if the nurses "bug" her too much, she gets agitated. No words to her family, no response to requests like "squeeze my hand". Now they're talking about a tracheostomy so it will be easier to wean her off the ventilator and some of the meds that are keeping her sedated. She's stable, but not improving.

She has a son in his 20s who was born with hydrocephalus, and he recently moved into a group home so she got a job driving the handicapped bus for a local school district. He's not understanding what's wrong with his Mom and poor Harlan is devastated.

So, if you could spare a prayer or two for Becky, I'd appreciate it. It doesn't look so good...

Annie

Comments (79)

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia