SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

More wedding pictures!

annie1992
13 years ago

OK, here are mine...

Amanda getting ready, with Makayla helping her buckle the strap on her shoe:

Ashley polished her toenails in the foyer of the church while the guests were arriving, we're kind of relaxed, LOL:

The little girls, left to right Makayla, Linsey (remember the little girl with the heart problem we prayed so hard for?), her sister Kaylyn and Cara, my nephew's stepdaughter. That's my mother, trying to keep them controlled, like she has a chance!

Amanda and Dave cutting the cake:

Dang, this one is too tame, I missed the "cake in the face" shot where Dave kind of smeared Amanda's cake onto her chin and she blasted him smack in the face with his!

Dave had to "pose" with the beer can cake:

After their first dance, Dave danced with Makayla, my little barefoot princess:

While Amanda danced with Bud:

Bud taught Linsey to twirl:

Amanda danced a father/daughter dance with her Dad. His music choice? "Amanda, Light of my Life", by Waylon Jennings.

Then she danced another with Elery:

My nephew Philip was the best man, I don't know if he was dancing with Elery or if Elery was teaching him to dance...

Amanda and Ashley and Ashley's fiancee, Kevin, "bustin' a move"....

And Peppi waited to catch the bouquet. Nope, she didn't get it, Ashley did!

I think we may have failed, though. Dave's Grandmother remarked "That was much more tasteful than I expected". When I asked what she expected she said she thought there would be at least two fights in the parking lot, that someone would throw up on the dance floor and the police would eventually break up the party. She didn't mention anyone peeing on the DJ.

We'll have to try harder next time.....

Annie

Comments (62)

• jude31
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I had to smile at what the grandmother said about the tasteful wedding. I'd bet it was the tastiest wedding ever. Several notches above the food at most weddings. You did great and it sounds like everyone really enjoyed themselves. Ashley (who is your clone), Amanda and the little girls all looked adorable.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

jude

• lowspark
    13 years ago

Great photos. Everyone does look so happy and so beautiful. I love the litte girls' dresses. How very classy! And I love the photo of Makayla buckling Amanda's shoe.

Congratulations to Ashley and Kevin on their engagement. It's easy for all of us to say Wait, harder for them to be convinced!

• Related Discussions

More Dahlia Wedding Picts.

Q

Comments (9)
    OK- let's try to get the boutineers in there The bride & groom with Wyn's King Salmon. Those are teeny dahlias in her head piece- had to bum them off a friend since I'm NOT ALLOWED to grow them here! Dauntless, Seedling, Wyn's King Salmon, Wyn's Highlighter & Wyn's Safari Sunset Floating dahlias large & small Oh great-- now I see that some of the pictures are back in the other post so you got them twice --aaarrrggghhh!!! I'll never figure this out to perfection!!
    ...See More

Not exactly a wedding picture (but close!)

Q

Comments (41)
    So cool........I love the pictures and especially first dance....you need to frame that one and print first dance on it.
    ...See More

I went to a beautiful and unique wedding on Saturday.

Q

Comments (25)
    ooh- edible gold glitter, that's a new one for me. What a wonderful place for a wedding - there must be a wealth of family memories tied to that lake and now they're making new ones. I really like the lodge - warm and rustic and you can't ever wrong with twinkle lights. Who paddled the canoe? By any chance was this Silver Lake near Dingman's? My son has close friends who own a home there. And it sounds very similar - private community and lake, wonderful old lodge, families spending the summers there every year.
    ...See More

More tentative wedding tidbits

Q

Comments (16)
    I would not have gone for favors either, but it was SO's idea. He has had such little input on the wedding (mostly due to him just taking the path of least resistance and going along) so I wanted to honor his idea. AND, we are trying to go "no plastic" so I was going to have to get glass champagne flutes anyway . . . I figure I will get them and folks can either take them or I will take what is left over, won't be that many. Another thought I just had was beeswax votive candles, in keeping with the "light" theme. I could put a sticker on the bottom with our names and folks could take them home. I actually have a friend who is a beekeeper and makes and sells the candles and has done programs on beekeeping with some of my other friends in attendance. So we have a long standing relationship that would be nurtured by the votives. I can take the votive candles home too, and use what is left over. Could do both candle and flute, not that much. I looked into it and the flutes are only about 1.50 each. I love champagne and I want to at least pretend at my wedding. Also can use a lot of votive candle holders I have at home as table decorations. If some get lost along the way, no great loss. Just locked in the East Coast date, Sept. 29!! One of my good, good friends will be marrying us. My matron and man of honor/best man are coming for a visit tomorrow and we are going to eat, drink and plot!!
    ...See More
  • jessyf
    13 years ago

Everyone looks so happy!

Tell Ashley ALL her forum aunties (and uncles) tell her to WAIT, WAIT, WAIT. Two years engagement. You could always threaten to not do any wedding planning earlier, it would all be on her own, evil grin. Unless she is.....oh I don't want to go there.

• jude31
    13 years ago

My vote? It has to be the one of Makayla buckling Amanda's shoes. That is so precious.

jude

• blueiris24
    13 years ago

Beautiful wedding, and it looked like everyone was having fun, even though it was a darn bit too tasteful :)........... the Ashley fiance note caught me up too - I'm with you, have them wait as long as possible...... good luck!

• wizardnm
    13 years ago

Fun pictures, Annie. I'm so sorry I had to miss the wedding. Glad everything went so well.

Congrats to Ashley but please tell her to slow down and not rush. If he's the right one then waiting at least a year from now won't change anything. Long engagements are smart and I know Ashley is smart....

Nancy

• obxgina
    13 years ago

What everyone else has said! What a wonderfully, happy, beautiful family! Love the pictures Annie! And congrats to Ashley as well! Here you go again! lol!!!!
    Gina

• centralcacyclist
    13 years ago

Great photos, Annie! I haven't seen many photos of Amanda, I didn't know how much she resembles you! You are one beautiful family.

So I guess Ashley won't come fill the galley wench position? Darn. If she changes her mind, the sailors will be in Hawaii in about a month and very tired of their own cooking after a 30 day passage. ;)

You did a wonderful job! If I can't talk Alice into running away to Tahoe to elope if she ever gets engaged I'll be consulting you for advice.

• mustangs81
    13 years ago

And I freak out over hosting one ball tournament a year! Job well done---from raising beautiful children to pulling off great weddings and receptions.

Is Kevin the one who drove into a ditch when we were at Peppi's?

• eandhl
    13 years ago

Beautiful bride, beautiful wedding. Everyone looks so happy and it is so special to see a wedding that is a "family affair" with children included.

• cloudy_christine
    13 years ago

Lovely wedding! The little girls look adorable. Amanda looks gorgeous. I still can't believe all the work you did. Can you talk Ashley into eloping?

• chase_gw
    13 years ago

Lovely wedding Annie. Amanda looks so radiant and David looks so happy. I just love the little girls dresses and shoes. Amanda picked great colours for a Fall wedding.

Ashley's news kind bowled me over! You're wise to try and slow her down a bit ....not that they listen much. At least mine don't! LOL

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, Cathy, he's the one that drove into a ditch, and Ashley called me in Chicago, like I could do anything, geez. Since then he traded that vehicle in on a Jeep Wrangler, now he drives through ditches on purpose, LOL. He's a police officer and fire fighter for a local department, and a very nice kid.

I know he's young and so is he, but she reminds me that Dave and Amanda have been together since they were 18, they just didn't bother to get married until now, LOL.

No, Jessica, she isn't pregnant. If she were, she's be marrying faster than May! No, she probably wouldn't, her sister knew it was a lousy reason to get married and so she didn't and Ashley wouldn't either, probably.

Linda, just so as not to disappoint you, one of the groomsmen was Dave's BIL. He'd been drinking most of the night and his wife took him home and put their twins to bed. She heard a noise from the bathroom and went to check on him, he was sound asleep on the toilet with his pants around his ankles, snoring away. She took a picture (!!!) and then left him there. He woke up when he fell off, LOL.

eileen, Ashley called me at midnight last night, said she and Kevin had been talking. I told her to talk to Kevin and leave me alone. (grin) She said they were thinking about getting married in Florida and I told her I'd give her $2,000 cash if she'd elope and just have a party when she came home. I don't think she'll take it, she was talking condos and airline tickets when I hung up on her...

Annie

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, and Deb, your magic mill got it's workout, for sure. At one point it was running, the Zo was running and the big KitchenAid mixer that Nancy gave me was running, all simultaneously with the dishwasher, LOL.

I made half whole wheat rolls and half white from Grandma's old recipe and that MM never even hesitated. Then I put pizza dough in the Zo for supper while the KitchenAid made a double batch of peanut butter cookies and the MM made a quadruple batch of chocolate chip.

The only thing that slowed me down at all was that I only have one oven, LOL!

So boyohboy, did I appreciate that MM all ready, and now here comes Ashley's...

Annie

• Teresa_MN
    13 years ago

Nice photos! I'm glad it turned out to be such a wonderful day.

Teresa

• centralcacyclist
    13 years ago

"Ashley called me at midnight last night, said she and Kevin had been talking. I told her to talk to Kevin and leave me alone. (grin) She said they were thinking about getting married in Florida and I told her I'd give her $2,000 cash if she'd elope and just have a party when she came home. I don't think she'll take it, she was talking condos and airline tickets when I hung up on her..."

Oh Annie. Ashley and Alice are soul mates. Sigh. I feel your pain.

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah. Thanks Eileen. And get ready!

Annie

• pkramer60
    13 years ago

Annie, tell Ashely she would break dads heart if she eloped. He is already talking about coming up for the wedding. And remember, I can always come in early and help. Bet we can do CF wedding if you give us dates early enough.

Jessy, shame on you. And if she were, HGAC?

• lorijean44
    13 years ago

Annie, everything turned out beautifully! I'm very impressed. I don't know how you're still upright! I'd be practically comatose by now. Yowsa.

Pkramer... "HGAC"?? I can't figure that one out...

Lori

• KatieC
    13 years ago

Awwwww.... Your pictures and Peppi's were worth loading on my slow, agonizing dialup. Those kids are getting so big. I do remember Linsey...heartwarming to see her.

I'm all for long engagements. I committed at 20 and at 24 we were starting to acquire property. Getting married was the easiest way to deal with it. And I wanted a short last name. Liana seems to be following in our footsteps. "We'll probably get married someday. Just a simple ceremony on a beach somewhere." Yesssssss.....

• jessyf
    13 years ago

Hey Peppi you know I have a reputation to maintain, thanks for the affirmation, roflamao!

(BTW I sent you an email yesterday as well asking about 'HGAC' - I used our emails we just exchanged last week about the clothing store....did you get it?)

• lakemayor
    13 years ago

Annie, The bride is beautiful and the groom very handsome. You too especially look wonderful. Looks like everyone had a great time. The food looks fantastic.

Hope you enjoyed yourself. You worked so hard to make it very special for Amanda and David.

Karen

• ann_t
    13 years ago

Jessica did Peppi ever respond? Love to know what HGAC means.

Ann

• lakeguy35
    13 years ago

Beautiful wedding Annie! Thanks to you and Peppi for all the pics but I don't think I saw Peppi in one of them?? The grooms cake is way too cool. Love it! Then there is that grill/smoker....

I have a nephew that needs killin' too. I only wish it was for a wedding. JK, kind of....lol! Congrats to Ashley too, he sounds like a good guy minus the ditches. : )

Thanks again for sharing and all the pics! You have done good once again pal!

David

• wizardnm
    13 years ago

David, Peppi is in the last picture, waiting for the bouquet toss, she has on a beige and brown top.

Peppi, you let Ashley catch the bouquet??

• jessyf
    13 years ago

Ann - nope, nada. Silent. Shrug, what can I do.

I keep coming back to look at all the wonderful photos!

• canarybird01
    13 years ago

Wonderful photos and it looks like it was a perfect day Annie!

The bride and maids looks so lovely and the food, cake and all could not have been better, judging by looks.

You did a magnificent job with your preparations Annie!

Congratulations to you all.

SharonCb

• cocaty
    13 years ago

HGAC - maybe should be WGAC? As in "who gives a c--p"? This could be really embarrassing if this guess is waaaaaaaaaaaaay wrong. lol.

• jojoco
    13 years ago

I think, in terms of babies, HGAC means "have got a carseat".

• colleenoz
    13 years ago

What a lovely wedding, Annie, you must be exhausted and very proud. Everyone looks so happy- I love Elery's big grin :-)
    Kevin's cute- congratulations Ashley! But not May- traditionally in Britain and here May is bad luck for weddings. Since Ashley's my birthday twin she can have my anniversary too if she likes, 4 June, has worked so far ;-)
    I wish my DD would go for a wedding llike this if she ever gets it into gear and marries her (really really nice) BF of some seven years, but I fear her tastes run to the expensive- that's OK, she can pay for it :-)

• triciae
    13 years ago

Annie, sorry I'm late getting here with my congratulations. I wanted to wait until I had time to look at all the pictures. I always enjoy seeing pictures of your fun family celebrations. Amanda's color scheme is beautiful, especially for an October wedding! You worked hard to pull this off, Annie. The food looks great & I love the cake. I'm still in awe that you made Amanda's gown! All I can say is, WOW! It's gorgeous - very fitting for such a pretty young woman.

Congratulations to Ashley also but I'm another who's hoping they wait a tad bit longer. I know it depends on the couple but they do seem very young. Besides, you need a serious break from wedding preps! :) Job well done, Mom.

/tricia

• arabellamiller
    13 years ago

Oh Annie - what an amazing wedding! I love the picture of Amanda and Elery. Their smiles and the way he's holding her hand. Just beautiful.

I'm certain the food was wonderful, you outdid yourself. And the cakes look fabulous. Great job, and congratulations.

AM

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you, everyone. Colleen, I'll tell Ashley her "birthday twin" says she needs to wait until June 4.....2011! Yeah, that would be good.

Tricia, I didn't make the dress. We bought it on the internet for $300, I just had to alter it. It was still more than enough sewing, I had to hem three layers. I didn't want to mess with the top, so we "stuffed" her, LOL, the wonders of silicone! And don't tell her I told you all that!

Annie

• ann_t
    13 years ago

* Posted by cocaty (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 21, 10 at 12:32

HGAC - maybe should be WGAC? As in "who gives a c--p"? This could be really embarrassing if this guess is waaaaaaaaaaaaay wrong. lol.

Cocaty, This made me chuckle. If you are right it is even funnier. Imagine being snarky and THEN screwing up the acronym.

Annie, Don't you mean June 4th, 2012? You need to give yourself a little longer than 8 months.

Ann

• lorijean44
    13 years ago

Actually, Annie, 8 months is long enough. Get it over and done with, I say!! :D

Ann, that's hilarious!

LMJ

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, 2012 would be even better, but I know Ashley, I'll be lucky if she waits until June 4, 2011! You're right, though, I got it wrong, LOL.

Annie

• Teresa_MN
    13 years ago

I loved coming back and reading this thread until a few of the usual naysayers had to take it south.

Annie - I hope Ashley waits a bit. Either way I look forward to another thread in the future on your lovely family and another wedding.

Teresa

• colleenoz
    13 years ago

Annie, I also meant to say the "tasteful" comment was not dissimilar to one my own mother made after our wedding reception- we agreed that I would reply to one of the speeches instead of DH doing it every time, my mother said, "I thought "She's only been married a couple of hours and already she's taking over", but it was OK because you were funny." I mean, seriously, my own mother thought I should just sit and smile while everyone else got to speak.

I was 22 when I got married. Just sayin' ;-)

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Colleen, LOL. Lots of people get married young and it works out, but she's only been with this guy for 6 or 7 months, so it would be good to wait, I think. Heck, Amanda waited for 10 years, LOL.

Annie

• chase_gw
    13 years ago

Ann, I didn't take Peppi's post as being snarky at all...she is anything but.....perhaps you misread it.

• bunnyman
    13 years ago

HGAC.... he's good as caught?

?

I enjoyed all the pictures.

: )
    lyra

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I didn't think she was being snarky either, and I kow Jessica was kidding, although some people don't get her humor.

In the meantime, everyone, be nice or the next time someone pees on the DJ, I'm not going to tell you! so there...

Oh, and Ashley says she wants a black and white wedding. Sigh. I don't like color much, but I do NOT want to try to decorate a black and white cake!

Annie

• susytwo
    13 years ago

Great pictures. Looks like it was a happy day!

Annie, if you have a chance to post instructions on how you decorated that cake, I would love to see them. DH's birthday is in a few weeks, and that would be perfect for the party I'm throwing him.

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

which cake, susy? The beer can cake? That was easy...

Annie

• lpinkmountain
    13 years ago

How about May 2012?

• susytwo
    13 years ago

Yes. How did you get the can to suspend? So creative! It looks very challenging.

• jessyf
    13 years ago

(DS #2 saw that and was amazed as well, so I might as well get instructions LOL)

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lpink, May 2012 would be a LOT better. Talk to her, will you?

OK, the beer can cake. Bake 4 eight inch layers, more if you want taller. Mine was supposed to be a mug, but I couldn't figure out the handle, so it became a glass. Buy a dowel at the hardware, mine was 98 cents, then make a batch of rock candy. It doesn't need to be flavored or colored, it will be that amber color when cooked. When it's cooked, spoon it over the dowel so it runs down, you'll have a long piece of the dowel to hold onto as you only want the candy over about a foot of the end of the dowel. As it cools for a couple of minutes it'll get a LOT thicker and stick to the dowel, you'll have to turn it and tilt it to keep the candy looking like a "stream". Scrape about an inch off the top so you can stick the can on, then cut off the bottom of the dowel with a serrated knife so that you can stick the dowel down into the middle of the cake and it will go all the way to the bottom, with the candy just at the top of the cake.

Frost the cake beer colored and the "foam" is just white buttercream squeezed in blobs from a wide plain tip. Stick the dowel into the cake, stick the can on top and voila!! A suspended beer stream, pouring into the cake. (grin)

Annie

• susytwo
    13 years ago

Thanks Annie. If I have time, I'm going to give it a try.

If I get good results, I'll post a pic. I've been wanting to try my hand at marshmallow fondant too, so maybe this will be an opportunity to try both. I'm thinking I could fashion a handle out of the fondant, and maybe coat the cake with that as well.

• annie1992
    Original Author
    13 years ago

susy, I tried to make a fondant handle, but it wouldn't stay fastened to the side of the cake, not even with skewers.

I was thinking maybe one of those big thick pretzels, dipped in some kind of coating and stuck onto the side for a handle...

Annie