SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Holiday travel plans

Lars
11 years ago

It's going to be a bit depressing for Kevin and me this holiday season, and so we decided to make plans to be out of town when possible. My first choice for a trip was to Stovepipe Wells Hotel in Death Valley, which was booked up for this Thanksgiving, but I did manage to get us reservations for Christmas, and I think that will be a better time. We've been to DV a few times, and the last time we used the pool at Stovepipe Wells, which made me want to stay there the next time we go. Before we always stayed in tents in a campground, but I want to do something different this year. At least there are no bears in DV, although there are a LOT of coyotes, and they are not shy. I'm almost thinking I want to stay a fourth night, since otherwise we will only have two full days there, but then that might be enough, even though the days will be short. I did get the upgraded hotel room that comes with a fridge. The cheap room has no fridge and no TV, and I could do without the TV, but we both wanted to have a fridge in the room. We get a bigger and better room that way also. The hotel has a nice restaurant with a good breakfast menu, and then we'll probably pack lunches for the days we are there and have dinner at one of the restaurants. There was a good restaurant in Panamint Springs on the far western side of the park when we went there last time, and so we'll try that for one meal. It's easily more than an hour to the next nearest restaurant from there, but I do want to go back to the western side, which I've visited only once.

Anyone else want to share travel plans?

Lars

Comments (6)