Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calling Mustangs!

Posted by chase (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 16:52

Hi Cathy,

I sent you an email but haven't heard back so not sure you got it. As you don't have an email option here I thought I'd do a shout out! LOL

If you didn't get it send me an email with your email addy....

Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calling Mustangs!

Sharon, thanks for reaching out. My apologies as it wouldn't have taken long to answer. My nephew (33 years old) is in the hospital (53 days so far) waiting for a heart and lung transplant. I have been devoting a lot of time soliciting family members for help and support for him. 3 weeks ago he was air lifted from the hospital here in Tampa to Gainesville for more advanced care. I just returned from Gainesville after taking him an iPad purchased with donations from family members.

Okay, sorry for the downer.

Yay! I am excited that we might have the opportunity to get together when you are down here. I will do all I can to make it happen at your convenience and around your schedule.

o

Oh dear, Cathy, I hope that transplant comes quickly and goes well.

Prayers for you and the rest of the family, and that a suitable donor is found promptly.

Annie

o

Cathy,
I will be praying your nephew. If he has questions about what to expect about transplants , let me know I can get you intouch with my son, a post transplant kidney recipient.

o

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear the news and will be sending warm and positive thoughts his way. Hugs to you too!

o

Cathy, I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. Sending positive thoughts.

~Ann

o

Cathy.....your nephew will be in my prayers.....
Linda C

o

Oh Cathy not to worry...you have much more important things on your mind.

My thoughts and prayers are with your nephew and family. How things mice quickly and positively.

Sharon

o

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. As I shared with Karen, he is such a sweet kid/man with an amazing attitude. He was born with a heart defect and had the very first open heart surgery here when he was born so he has always been behind the 8 ball. His sister recently died; he, his mom, and dad are still struggling with that tragedy. He told the doctor yesterday that he had to save him for his parents' sake not his because he didn't know how they would survive another loss. The doctor told his parents that his only chance is a transplant.

Thank you all again for your concern.

Cathy

o

Oh my....Cathy add me to the list of those sending healing thoughts and hugs to your nephew and family. Sounds like they have had more than their share of tragedy!

Please do keep us posted on how the transplant goes. He sounds like an amazing guy!

Linda

o

Oh Cathy, that story breaks my heart. It truly does. I am sending all my best and healing thoughts to that young man, and for strength for his family.

I always think about the donor in situations of an organ transplant. I do hope that the donation of a heart to this young man will somehow bring comfort to another family who has suffered a loss.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here