SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Pet Peeves!

claire_de_luna
13 years ago

I prefer to see the glass half full, which is my nature. I find I get along much easier in life by adopting a positive attitude. But sometimes...well, sometimes, certain things drive me crazy.

Pet Peeve 1: OK...WHEN did people start pronouncing the apostrophe? It's driving me crazy. I'm hearing it Every Day! This weekend alone, I've heard it at least five times.

For example, ''I'm going to Craig's house'' has become, ''I'm going to Craig-es house.''

This makes me want to scream. Is Nothing grammatical being taught (or expected) in our educational system these days? The question is strictly rhetorical, as it's quite obvious so many don't ''get it''. No wonder Americans look uneducated. DUH.

Pet Peeve 2: Texting while driving. This would also include any kind of Distracted Driving. 'Nuff Said.

Pet Peeve 3: People in Customer Service who only see one side of their job, which has Nothing to do with the Customer, and Is Not about Service. A shopping trip to Sears to fetch my MIL's little freezer is going to require a total of THREE trips from me to the store, because they won't take my credit card to order it from the warehouse into the store, over the phone. Unless Of Course it's a Sears card! No, they required my physical presence to take my credit card number. (Apparently, my time is much less valuable than theirs. This is why I don't shop at Sears, nor would I have in this case if I could buy this particular item anywhere else.) Asinine policies don't help grow business. Is it any wonder there was more staff on the floor than customers? Is that because they need customers so badly they want to see them three times before they allow them to make a purchase? (I guess you have to have a certain type of mentality to work there.) After I complained about the lack of customer service, the salesman told me why he was proud to work at Sears, which had such good customer service. RIGHT. (Propaganda Anyone?) If you're tenacious enough to survive the buying process, you might then get to the Customer Service portion, once your appliance breaks down.

Your turn!

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor