Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Space Jump-Anyone else watching?

Posted by momto4kids (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 13:07

Discovery channel..it's live right now. Felix Baumgartner is a little over 1 1/2 hours into the ascent as I write this. I'm not sure what to make of all of it. I will say the pictures are amazing. Listening to all the technical aspects of the jump are completely fascinating to me. The craft, his suit, the chute...it's all fascinating. The kids are just...meh...they don't have the patience to wait until the actual jump.

Is anyone else watching?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Space Jump-Anyone else watching?

I'm semi-watching. I pop in and out. I find video noise to be really distracting to have on the background so I turn it on every now and then. I'm pretty much in the same mode as your kids. :)

E

o

:)!! So, he just now broke the record for the highest altitude in a balloon. I wonder what they'll do if they don't fix the face visor problem?

o

Okay...he has reached the height! He's still climbing, much slower, though. It has been fascinating watching the balloon inflate.

Off to watch on the big TV now as they try to control the ascent.

Good luck to Baumgartner!

o

I'm like your kids, I don't have the patience. I'll read the news after it's all over, LOL.

Annie

o

I watched the jump. Gotta tell you, it took my breath away to watch him step out of the capsule.

E

o

What a landing!!! W O W! Congratulations to Felix Baumgartner!

o

Me, too, Barnmom! Those shots...looking down at Earth from standing on the ledge....amazing! I was nervous a couple of times from just before he stepped out and didn't seem to respond...to the time he seemed out of contact on the way down. But what a beautiful descent. Still in awe! :) The kids did perk up and really enjoyed the actual jump!

o

Thanks for the heads up! I'd forgotten about the jump. I just caught it - switched from NFL to watch. I don't do that for just any ole event! :) Amazing.

/tricia

o

Facebook comments:

"Redbull gives you wings and BALLS."

"don't see how he got his suit over walnuts that big..."

".. who is a bigger #badass than Chuck Norris? Well, it's this guy who just made jumping from space look like it was easier than us walking out our front door in the morning. #felixforpresidentofeverything"

o

shoot. missed it.

o

elery watched it. I told him to let me know when he was about 2 minutes from the ground. (grin)

Annie

o

It sounds like Felix's face mask fogged up, so he didn't see it either. That took guts to do. Glad his guts didn't end up splattered all over the place.

o

I didn't watch it live, but whoa, what a rush to see it. Here's the video I watched.

Here is a link that might be useful: if you missed it-video (from the UK's telegraph)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here