SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
triciae_gw

Exciting 30 Days

triciae
13 years ago

I've been waiting for this last event to happen before posting & it did yesterday.

We have two new grandchildren!

DD#2 gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on September 15, 2010 (6 lbs. 10 oz. & 19"). Her name is Sophia. She is precious, petite, & has tons of long jet black hair. Sophia is a very peaceful baby and just starting to seriously examine her world. Mom had an easy all natural delivery with a midwife. A few early latching problems but within a week Mom & enfant had settled into a routine.

DD#1 gave birth yesterday, October 18, 2010, to a strong, healthy, & active baby boy. His name is Colton & he joined the world at 8 lbs. 6 oz & 22". Colton also has lots of hair a bit lighter than Sophia's. DD#1 is also nursing but Colton was uninterested last night. They're in another time zone so I have to wait at least another hour before I call this morning although I doubt DD#1 is sleeping!. (smile)

Our third exciting event happened this past Sunday. Our DS was elected Deacon at his church. I've no doubts that he will work hard to help members of the congregation where need is present. He is also chairman of his church's building fund & very active in youth diabetes volunteer work for his entire state.

I'm very proud of all of our kids. It's nice to be a parent of adult children & watch their lives develop. I'm feeling secure this morning knowing that when my days are over they are strong, capable, & self-sufficient to carry on.

We now have six grandchildren ranging from 19 years old to 1 day old!

/tricia

Comments (23)