SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

Really scary?!?!

susie_que
12 years ago

So you all know I have these 2 wee small dogs, heck if your on FB you see I post a ton of pics.

They are really easy going and easy to care for! I just love them to pieces!

We got them at 10 weeks so they already had the first vaccines. Then of course we took them right to our Pa vet and they got the second round.

They got the final round while they were in for their surgery.

All went well!

So now they are due for rabies, lyme distemper.

I.ve been using Banfield and I love the vet!

Yesterday was Abbee's day. She needed her ears checked and all 3 vaccines.

Well she was fine...really good however on the ride home she was howling and crying the most gut wrenching sounds. I just thought her injection sites were hurting since she/they both really love the car!

Then she just stopped. I figured she was tired.

Got home only to discover her unresponsive in her crate!.i ripped the top off the crate and grabbed her. I suppose grabbing her jolted her just a bit and she began breathing but it was slow and very labored. Her eyes were open but rolled back and she was totally limp.

Frank called the vet who said I should watch her for 30 minutes. So I did.

About 15 minutes later she started to come around....very.slowly over the next hour she improved until she seemed fine.

The vet tech called during and said some dog breeds have issues with vaccinces.

So she is really fine today...totally normal! But I have an appt w the groomer at Banfield tomorrow and the vet tech wants to see her before.

Ok so is this normal?

You know I freaked out so I read what I could.

Just read that small dogs should never get more than one vaccine at a time! So now im pissed!

I have Apollo scheduled for his round in 2 weeks!

Any words of advice??

Never saw this with any other pet ive had however I have held very sick animals until they passed and thats exactly what I felt like holding my sweet Abbee girl! I was so scared!

Susie

Comments (6)