SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Mountain lion in the neighborhood

caflowerluver
11 years ago

Kind of a little on edge since I received this message from one of my neighbors a week ago. I am use to seeing coyotes and bob cats, but don't want to run into a mt. lion. I keep looking over my shoulder when working in the garden or at the potting shed. The ridge they are talking about is just behind our house. I don't let Elvira out any more unless she is on a leash. Most of the time I leave her in the house now if I have lots of work to do. Don't want to have to carry her, a fat little doggie that weighs a ton, if a mt. lion is chasing me.

Actually I don't mind the mt. lion getting the deer, circle of life and all that. And to be honest we have been ticked off at all the deer we had to deal with this summer that ruined the garden and ate all my 30 roses down to the ground. One figured out how to jump either the gate or the deer fence. I spent many afternoons trying to chase it off the property. I am getting too old and out of shape for this.

"Hi, neighbors!

Just a quick heads up that we should all be aware that there's a mountain lion whose range includes our road. We are on the edge of the lion's range, but it has visited here many times, including just yesterday afternoon.

I saw several deer running quickly across the top of the back ridge through the yard and onto the road. Looked like something was chasing them. Tonight I found the head of an adult deer next to the fence between our house and neighbor's. So there was probably a kill up the ridge ..."

Clare

Comments (30)