Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are there babies that need hugs?

Posted by nancedar (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 17:55

My children and grandchildren are grown. No hope of great grand babies and great grand nieces and nephews live 3 thousand miles away. Where can a nice old lady find babies to hug?

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are there babies that need hugs?

At the hospital! Sign up to be a volunteer on the units where kids have to stay for weeks or months. The nurses say that the babies' vitals are better when they're being held. A lot of them have no one around- sometimes they are being detoxed from heroin or alcohol and will eventually be sent to foster families, or the parents are working two shifts to pay the hospital bills, or just don't care. If you have a major hospital near you, some of the families will be far from home, exhausted and terrified, and would give their left arm for a surrogate grandma.

If you're religious, you could also put up a flier in the daycare room at church- grandma with grown grandbabies seeks little ones to cuddle while mom and dad shower, sleep, or go out for dinner. Or in the community flier, if you have one. If you're in an urban area, you could also try www.meetup.com, and look for groups of young parents. You could even start one. I bet there are young parents far from family who would kill for your services! I'd also be curious whether there are any military groups you could get involved with. I've heard that moving around a lot and being stuck at home with young kids can be really overwhelming and lonely.

o

Nancy, you can give my grandbabies a hug!

Here's Eric at his highschool graduation...

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

Here's Alice getting ready for recital, she's 11 (almost 12) and plays violin and piano...

Here's Alice with her two younger brothers Ethan and Sam (8 and 6) when they came for a visit...

Here's Sophia enjoying the Texas bluebells this spring, she turned 2 last week...

And here's Colton who REALLY needed as many hugs as he could get in Emergency. The wonderful nurse gave him a cup of ice chips. It took 6 stitches to sew up that lip and a couple weeks for everything else to heal. It's hard to be almost 2 and take a bad spill from your police car!

Here he is again though back on duty in his squad car!

We have another grandson due in January but his pictures are a bit fuzzy! :)

/tricia

o

Umm...? I don't have any "grandbabies" to hug....but there are a lot of grand teens....I might share....but maybe not...;-Q

o

Nancy, did those babies ever get their hugs?

o

Hey, I used to be a baby and I sure need a hug today.

There may be a daycare near you that would appreciate your volunteer time, and you'd be repaid with plenty of hugs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here