SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chancesmom_gw

Can we get some good thoughts for our pup?

chancesmom
13 years ago

Cleo, our 7 or 8 yr old dog from the city pound had stopped eating about a week or so ago. (I thought Dave was feeding her, he thought I was) She would eat a few milkbones a day and thru the week she ate a litte canned dog food for upset tummies. She seemed fairly energetic and was drinking well, so kept an eye on her for another day or so.

We took her in today for an exam and bloodwork that show she is a bit dehydrated and kidneys are failing a bit. The vet is not sure that is the only thing going on, might be, might not. We have left her there for about 48 hrs for intravenious fluids to see if we can correct it and will go from there. I could not just bring her home knowing she was dehydrated and having some kidney issues. We have talked about it and this is probably close to the limit we can do for her medically.

So, if you can say a little prayer, if you are so inclinded, or just send a good thought our way we could really use it. Cleo is a quiet, gentle soul who is part sheperd and who knows what else, but she is only about 40 lbs.

As you can imagine Chance is quite upset, as am I. We got Cleo when Chance was maybe just 4 so she is very attached to her.

We will be following up with the vet around 9 am tomorrow morning to see how she is doing.

thanks

Comments (33)