SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jyl_gw

The Hat, Return Of.

John Liu
12 years ago

Hats are making a bit of a rennaissance, per the fashion mags-blogs and personal observation. Not quite the floral Sunday hat on every damsel, or the gray dress hat on every gentleman. Headgear is still mostly the province of the young and hip, or the old and cranky. But, however achieved, more hats are better than fewer, in my book.

I've always thought people look good in hats. I'm partial to women in men's hats - the best example being Stephanie Zimbalist of ''Remington Steele'' in her fedoras. Ladies look good in ladies' hats too. Men also look good in men's hats, but usually not in ladies' hats. I do have one friend who looks smashing in a dress, but even he doesn't usually top with a bonnet.

Do you, or your S.O., wear hats? What sort of hat, on what occasions? Care to post a picture? In a dress or otherwise?

I'm looking for ideas. I have only one hat. It is a battered outback-type wide-brimmed thingy of waxed cotton. Everything else I have is a helmet of some sort (motorbike, auto, bicycle, ski) or awful things worn solely as an insulation layer. I would not mind getting another, dressier, stylin' hat. After all, patchy genetics disqualifies me from joining in the other great renaissance of the day - facial hair - so I'll have to make do with headgear.

(It goes without saying, that ''hat'' does not include baseball cap. Flat cap, beret, driving cap, sure, but not a baseball cap.)

Comments (14)