SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

Problem with a neighbor -- what to do?

dedtired
12 years ago

I have a feeling I know the answer to this question already, but here goes. For more than 20 years I have had a problem neighbor. Let me say that I live in a lovely neighborhood in one of Philadelphia's nicest suburbs. Across the street from me is a low life family whose property is not kept up, who keep numerous old cars around and who have very loud fights with each other using foul language.

Things are slightly better since all the kids are grown and gone, except the oldest daughter who has come back to live there. There were four kids, the two oldest from her first marriage.

The stuff I have witnessed over the years has been pretty incredible and I have called the police when things were out of control and the children seemed at risk. I've also reported cars that were left to rot in the street -- not inspected or registered.

Now the fat disgusting husband has started to stand inside the front screen door totally naked! He did it this morning while yakking on the cell phone. I came down the stairs and nearly had to goudge my eyes out after seeing this and it is not the first time. Unbelievably, the guy is a lawyer -- kind of an ambulance chaser.

The house is not set back far from the sidewalk so anyone driving or walking by could plainly see him. This includes kids who would be walking to the bus stop in the morning (it always seems to be in the morning).

My first reaction is to just stay out of the whole mess. I hate them and want to have nothing to do with them. I could just pull my curtains until the coast is clear. However, another part of me thinks I should report him to the police, even though I don't want to get involved.

What do you think? I honestly don't think he is deliberately exposing himself to children but I do believe he is an exhibitionist. I actually snapped a couple pictures of him in case I have to prove my point. I may have to throw my camera away after that!

Aaaaargh -- why me??

Comments (73)