SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyman_gw

Another year speeding past me

bunnyman
11 years ago

Can't sleep so I'm doing the Internet thingy this morning. Good thing I don't have to work this weekend. Very little time on the Cooking forum anymore. A few of you made it on my fb list so I've not forgotten how fun this forum can be. Ads here are horrible anymore...

Work has not fired me yet. HR is trying to push me off the Safety Comm so I've gone to e-mail with safety issues. Still dealing with constant problems with things... managers seem to have adopted a don't care unless someone complains attitude. Found an industrial lab that will do chemical tests for me and one of the chemical salesmen has become a strong supporter of my efforts to keep worker exposure reasonable. Sometimes still find myself sitting in the yard with a glass of whiskey... watching the stars and thinking about what to do next.

Home is sort of animal kingdom anymore. Dolly dog was lonesome so I got her a puppy... lab/mix. Maddie named after Madeline Albright is a gentle giant of a dog now. Dolly and Maddie are now very much bonded. I can't have them both loose in the house together because they play so hard I'm afraid they will break things. One of my cats named Favorite has a thing for Maddie and likes to chase after her in an odd couple sort of way.

Down to seven cats now.. Annie, Jessy, Chrissy, Star Trek, Favorite, Yoko, Luna Looski, and Leelee. Leelee is an old cat whose owner moved to a place where she can't have animals. When I went to pick up Leelee I forgot the cat carrier so inside my coat she went for the ride. Leelee bonded with me on the ride home and has fully accepted me as her new human. More then once I've woke in the morning to not only find her sleeping next to me but with her head on my pillow.

Fall here in Michigan. No apples on my trees as a spring frost got them all. Not much of a garden this year. Cold and rainy this morning... need one more decent day to mow the lawn for the last time this year. Sounds like someone down the road poached a deer at dawn. A very large deer herd this year so no harm done I just hope they plan on eating it. Normally I get my venison from road killed deer but very few are left.... bad economy has more people looking at them as fresh meat rather then vulture food. Oooh I hear geese at the moment... tempted to take one but not certain I want the work of plucking the darn thing. I can hunt them from my front yard as they fly very low over my property. Shoulder problems so probably best if I don't go shooting a shotgun anyways.... can't say I'm in the mood to drive into town to buy a license.

Plan on making my second batch of Annie's Habanera gold today. First batch this year was made with Caribbean Red habs and was/is very hot. It was perfect heat wise when I first made it and sort of gained heat as it aged... down to half of the last jar. Loving it on pizza and pork chops... even dropped a spoon full into a bowl of yogurt. Been waiting for my favorite orange Burpee habeneras to ripen and finally have 4 nice ripe ones to pick. Tempted to try cayenne peppers as I have a huge bumper crop of those. A steak in the fridge from last weekend that needs to go on the grill today... big sweet yellow potato to go with it.

Hope all is well with folks here.

: )

lyra

Comments (9)