SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

Wedding gift ideas???

party_music50
10 years ago

A guy I worked with for less than two years has let me know I'm being invited to his wedding in early November. I have invited him to my home two or three times, but I have never been to his home, and I only met his bride-to-be once. We are not close friends at all, but I suspect that from his standpoint I am one of his better friends. :p He is 50 and never been married, she is 56 and been married twice before with kids -- and he will be moving into her established home.

He has stated "no presents required", but I still think I should give something -- I'm just not sure what that would be! I know they both enjoy bird-watching and they both have bird feeders. I also know he is an amateur astronomer and that she likes to fish.

I was thinking of looking for items related to their bird-watching: a birdbath? but that's a personal-taste thing and they may already have some! Same with bird feeders...

I thought of paying to have a star named after them -- but that seems like just a waste of money, doesn't it?

I thought of weaving them a special basket but I have no idea what their decorating tastes are! so maybe make a bread basket that I could fill with homemade things like a small bottle of limoncello, jars of jams/jellies... and I'm going blank. I don't even know what kind of food they like! :p

Any thoughts or ideas? or do I take the easy route of "no presents"? lol!

Comments (15)